MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

DOOL part 23

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It's been a hard 5 months for me. Life just beats up on us sometimes, doesn't it?

Thank God, my DH has been helping DS through the maze of college paperwork. DS finally chose a small Christian school near us (our own church's college) to start his higher education. He'll be heading toward a course of study in computer programming, computer-generated graphics, and interactive simulation... games & movies, to the rest of us!

I didn't really think anyone else had noticed I wasn't there as much, but last week I took supper to one of the ladies who just has surgery, and she asked me about it. If I hadn't been freshly hit with it all, I probably would've avoided the question, but instead I burst into tears. (VERY unlike me. I hate crying.) To explain the tears, I told her a very small part of it, but probably just enough for her to think *I* was being petty. (Her position in the church requires her to keep silent about it... she's a "deaconess" and I asked her just to help me pray about it, and not tell others) I have been trying hard not to turn it all into a "fight" where others get involved. I'd leave rather than do that.

The teens haven't been able to find jobs this summer, so they are here all the time, and I have a hard time getting them to help. DS has so much *junk* on this 'puter that it's slower and harder to navigate. I sure hope he will be able to get his own (used) 'puter soon so we can delete all his stuff! DH wants to, anyway.

DH is working long hours in the just-arrived 90 degree weather, so he's beat every evening. But he is trying so hard to help keep everything together, and I'm sure trying to do my part, too.

DH will be starting a couple of college course this fall, too. It was him or me, and he's going first.

Send me any places online that have free tutorials, will you? I want to do more study on my own, to get as much info for free, on my own, as I can.

Guest Guest

Wow, Cat! Your life sure is busy!!! I understand what you mean about your "friend". It is hard not to have people take sides. I know that this is a very popular verse, but I thought you should read it anyway...Mt. 5:11-12. I hope things look up for you soon.

Hi Brigie and May! I've been looking for Blebbie too! Where are ya girl? Come out, come out where ever you are!

Dear CAt .... just hold on all will work out ... I can understand what you are talking about the church thing i have the same thing going on... there's this one gal that loves to get to me ... and tellothers bad about me .. i just try to remember the real reason I am at chuirch and that is to grow closer to God and to get to know him better. This has been this way for years now and i just go about being me and let those belive what they want. For I know what is true. And any ways i have found that if i have to explain myself just to prove myself that persons friendship isn't one that i want. As long as I can lay down at night with myself and kneel in prayer with out feeling bad then i feel alright, If not I turn it all over to God (at least try to)

So dear Cat, just be the sweet heart YOU.

Love thyra

Guest Guest

Thanks, theyd. I try, I really do. And thanks, happygirl, for the verse reminder. But I don't feel like I'm "suffering for Him". The *thoughts* I have...!

Guest Guest

Wheeeewwww!!!! That Canadian border guy was sure tough.....almost didn't wanna let us through.....seems I forgot a certain someone who snuck into the van on the way to Brigid's place.......so with Mare, Debbielee , Becca-Anne , Dee , Snowmom , Happygirl and her DD, Mayjobie and Seldiesgirl onboard and who do I see lurking in the back?????? Why it's none other than Cat.....she's a quite the stealthy one

Guest Guest

Hey Cavey! Slow down! we seem to be losing some of our riders...... We havn't heard from them in several days now...

Of course, Cat was the last one on board, did you shut the doors tightly?

Guest Guest

(Shhhh, theyd, they'll SEE you!!) **Cat pushes the cooler lid back over, leaving a space for air...**

**Innocently**

Theyd? What makes you think theyd is in here???

Guest Guest

Well, Debbie , you had your protein for the day.... HuH... LOL

Cavey , we might have to stop along the way and trade your van in for a stretch limo, ( we'll use credit cards) I know that would give us a more comfy ride .... get Debbie off the roof and put poor Theyd in a better seat. Didn't I read that Cat has broad hips? that's a big space taken already

Nice to see you all... sure is taking you a long time to get here. Pack lots of water, it's hot. My deck is done, second coat of stain being put on today, a new garden area planted, and new drainage pipes put in.. hurray.... just waiting patiently for you all to get here. We Canadians really are very friendly.

Have a great Friday

Guest Guest

Hey guess what??? the wheeler dealer in me managed to trade the van for a SLIGHTLY USED Greyhound coach....great shape just a couple million miles on it (but it's all highway miles) and even the A/C works, lotsa room for luggage so now we can spread our legs (and

Hey May......i'm a thinkin it was Me that mentioned being a tad Broad in the Arse.....that's why Mr. Cavey stuck me on the roof racks........take up much less room....and Lois and Theyd were nice enough to keep me company ......they also like to feel the wind in their hair and get free appetizers..... Thanks!!

Hope you got the Ice tea ready Brigie.....here we come..and we all are smuggling in pretty flowering plants for your garden!!!

smooooochies all!

Guest Guest

Oh, Cat! I'm soooooo sorry, I guess the female in me just assumed that( broad) meant hiney....

Well anyway, cavey has a wonderful bus to ride in so we should get there in style......

Guest Guest

Hey Cavey, is that a portable hot-tub I see on the roof of the bus? Perfect for cool nights!

I'm bringing the wine so I can sit and watch the chatty Canadians. I can't get a word in among a bunch of Canadians. I never thought there was ANYONE who could out-chat Cavey, until his best friend from Ottawa visited for a week, earlier this month. Good hearted, humerous bunch those canucks are!

Good morning everyone.

Mayjobie, so sorry about you having to put your dog to sleep. (((((May))))) I know it had to be hard and I am wondering just how long it will be before we will have to do the same with ours. They are almost 13 years old now.

Hope the rest of you have had a good week and hope you forgive me that I don't mention each and everyone of you by name.

Good to be back on here today, even though it may not be long.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to all.

Guest Guest

Welcome back, Snowmom! Sounds like you had one of those ummmm... *memorable* trips, huh? But I'm glad you escaped the serious storms that went through Nebraska. Those were the ones with hail & tornadoes.

**Cat helps Snowmom onto the bus and hands her a nice, cold iced tea and a plate of dainty cookies, and we're on our way to Bridgie's again...**

Hey Cavey how about swinging by Upstate NY and picking Cappy and me up. Can Cappy hook our van to the back of the bus? We love to off road and go exploring especially up north. I will make sure we bring our guitars and my fiddle if your planning on having a sing song on the bus as we travel.

I will be bringin 2 big picnic baskets filled with fancy cookies and cupcakes and other sinful snacks and for Mare I will bring some of the best wines she ever tasted in a cooler thats filled with chicken speidies for BBQing at Bridgies. I think I will throw in a couple pans of home made lasagna, some home made garlic bread and a big ol chocolate fudge sheet cake. We can eat all the way up to Bridgies, eat when we get there and eat on the way home. We EYEtalians love to eat and Feed people! Everyone save your appetites