MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Suncat

problem with home page?

Question

I hate that my first post here is about a problem. But everytime I go to the home page (I simply bypass it and type in the url to the forums) my computer warns me of a trojan horse. I dont' know if my computer is being overzealous. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

18 answers to this question

I hate that my first post here is about a problem. But everytime I go to the home page (I simply bypass it and type in the url to the forums) my computer warns me of a trojan horse. I dont' know if my computer is being overzealous. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

If you have a good anti-virus software program you should be able to scan any web site before actually logging into it, if you have any doubts. I'm not a pc guru, but I know my AVG allows me to do this.

tomight my anti-virus program (avast) blocked access to mrs survival, deeming it a dangerous site. then when i tried to go another route, the computer said 'no such site exists'. Third time was the charm, but it sure looks like somebody is messing with the mrs...

Late last night I was clicked on the view new content button and I got a white page with a 50(something) message...hit the back button and then it was fine.

If you have a good anti-virus software program you should be able to scan any web site before actually logging into it, if you have any doubts. I'm not a pc guru, but I know my AVG allows me to do this.

It's the anti-virus program that says there's a trojan horse.

:gaah:

:groooansmileyf:

Sorry folks, I was on the road all day, (MIL time of month). When it rains it pours, but that is another story.

Last time I checked, 2 days ago, everything had cleared up. Google had a site re-director on one of their search links for our site. They said they had corrected the problem and when I checked the link, it was working normally again.

I need to talk with our "Boss" :darlenequeen:

In the mean time, while I search for the problem, please keep your antivirus software up to date.

:shakinghead:

AVG might cost a bit, but it's worth every dime to have things up to date & trying to watch our pc's. Unfortunately, anti-virus' don't protect us from Google's meddling. I'm still cleaning files from my pc after downloading that stupid chrome :-( Every time I run my cleanups, I get the question "do you want to re-activate Google Chrome?" ... so I know it's buried DEEP in my system and without a professional I don't know how to be rid of it :-(

aol now says you don't exist, and tries to steer me elsewhere. I got to you via pinterest, following a link they had. don't know how long that will work.

Sounds like it's time to post (or email for more privacy) the IP address for MrsS.

Yep...some of the other sites are doing that. They've been hacked or ??? and nobody could even get to the sites....and they're not membership type sites.

I know Midnightmom, we are in the process of fixing the problem and I did not post the IP addy.

My PC and my Mac do not give me any warnings. Google says they fixed their linking system, I still need to report the problem to the other search engines. The only problem is my PC and Mac do not show the linking problems so I am unable to copy/paste it in a bug report to them.

I've been getting the virus pop-up for the past several months. I stayed away for several weeks and finally decided to just ignore it.

Using the address posted above seems to help...THANK you! I was alarmed at the thought of not being able to stop in....

Tonight my pc kept telling me "no association with this site". I couldn't even get to any sites. I checked AVG, everything fine. Checked on board software (word etc.) and they were fine. Did a restore, tried again...no luck. Finally checked my designated browser order, and "somehow" it had been changed to Google...which I do NOT use!!! Changed it back to my default browser and things "somehow" began to work fine. I despise Google. I made the mistake of downloading their chrome crap and it bugged my pc so bad that I like to never got rid of it...perhaps I still haven't found all of their little "cookies"? Grrrrrrr......

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.