MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Big weekend

At 8:30 this morning I was at the BMV to get Son's driving permit and DD1's license plate for her 1st car.
He was old enough to get it last year but we put it off. This afternoon he drove me to his favorite fishing spot and then to farmer friends to show them his "mug shot" Soon he is driving DD2 to her boyfriends house so she can spend the afternoon with his family.
When did my babies get old enough to drive,get cars and boy/girlfriends? DD1 has someone "Very Seriousl" in her life and DD2 will get her driving permit in 6 months.

Last week I went to the farmer's market 3 times. Once with DD1, once with Son and I went back because a vendor had saved some cherry tomato plants for someone and she told Son if they didn't show up to buy them she would call him so he could buy them. He has other heirloom tomato plants but wanted cherry tomatoes too.

We went to the farmer's market today and while I was buying eggs and swiss chard from another vendor the vendor from last week saw Son and handed him a tomato plant told him the size, color, type of tomato ( brown berry) plant. When I got there he just stood there with the plant in his hands with big pleading eyes.
I'll need to get some more canning jars but there are worse things my teenage son can be into and it will feed us this winter.
He is going to have to till up more garden space.

Dh is at a job interview, for now it would only be part time but it would work around his other job and I'm hoping that it will lead to full time.

Having a son into gardening/farm work is a definite plus!!! Actually, teens that have any hobby/passionate interest will help keep them from things that are not healthy for them to participate in. They've got soooo much energy and passion....and it's gotta go somewhere....

MtRider :pray: for your dh's employment