MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigM

DAR

Does anyone have experience navigating the Daughters of the American Revolution application process? Hints or tips on making sure I have all my ducks in a row?

My husband had an ancestor in the 1930's do his family. I'm sure they have changed procedures since then. They made her document everything which makes it great for your descendents when they do their history. Once they have your info they store it in many formats so it should be very safe.

Let us know how difficult/easy it isto do nowadays if you find out. I am curious since I recently found out that I qualify for membership on my mothers side.

I think that's right CarlaJ. Dh's family has had thiers done but no one on my Mother's family has so I will have quite a job to do hers.

I've yet to get to this. If I understand it correctly I can use what I have on FamilySearch.org and just prove the most recent generations. I need to call my Grandma and see if she can get me a birth certificate (or something anyway) for my Grandpa.

I'm interested too. I have DAR on both sides of my family, mom and dad. Never did it because it seems too difficult.

Looking forward to hearing if you get it done.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.