MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deb2of9

Prayers needed for my family

There has been so much happening in my life since last summer, it is hard to know where to start. My whole family needs prayers for many different things. I will start with the most recent because in a way they are the least complicated.

The most recent thing that has upset our personal world is that I lost my job. I am looking an am confident that I will find a new job that is better for me, but in the mean time I am looking at only my final check. Since I was fired for what I feel was unjust reasons, I did apply for unemployment but who knows if it will come through. After all, they did give a cause, so who knows if I will get it. As I am the main support for my household of four, I am worried I will not be able to make the bills. I also do not have nearly as much preps as I had in the past. About 6 years ago the place I worked closed down. I was out of work for a year and used most of my preps. I started back to work at less pay and quickly added two more people to my household. With prices going up everyday and more people to feed and care for, I never did get my preps built up to more than a month or so and a recent problem with my car was so costly that it cost my emergency fund. I literally was counting change to pay bills this past week. So prayers that I will not only find a job but the right job will be appreciated. Asking for prayers for myself seems selfish, but I know my job affects more than me. That my brother finds more than part time work or the others in the house also find work would be great. Who knows, maybe I am out of work to help motivate the others to start pulling their own weight. (My youngest daughter , 26, two brothers 55 and 57 live with me.) Only one of them works and that is a job that is 6 hours a week and some freelance stuff online. It doesn't contribute much to the household income.

The next world shattering thing that happened is that my sister and her husband of almost 42 years have split up. My sister was shattered. Her husband came in one day and said he needed to reset his life and left. He had apparently been thinking of it for a while because he had a place to go, but she didn't have a clue. It got me to thinking long and hard. My niece asked me what they would do now. She said will Mom loose her family, her friends and her church? You see, although my brothers and I live about an hour away from her, most of her "family" is really his family. I don't see that changing. They have taken us all in and her nieces and nephews consider me their aunt as well. I don't see a divorce changing that and I don't think friends would be a problem. However, although I don't see her church as a problem in her case, it could be. This brings me to the final and biggest thing that I need prayers for and that is my oldest daughter.

Last summer we were hit with a bombshell. My grandchildren were removed from the home due to claims of abuse. My daughter's world was crushed and she couldn't understand it as she never abused her children. It turns out two of the children said they didn't feel safe in the home. Well, after a summer in foster care and weekly supervised visits with them then unsupervised she got the children back. She only got them back after her husband agreed to leave the house. You see, she had started to work outside the home and he was the one that the complaints of abuse were against. The claim against her was only due to inaction and not realizing that he was physically and emotionally abusing the children. It was a long hard summer, but finally he agreed to leave and she got the kids back provisionally. He had not once gone to have a visit with the kids, but after he left the home he did. After the first visit, my daughter's eyes opened when my grandson age 7 said it was a good visit because daddy didn't hurts us or wasn't mean to us once. She started reviewing things and saw much. Before long my soon to be ex son in law started to threaten her over the phone and text messages. He had a do not contact order regarding the kids, but he continued to harass her to the point of calling her cell phone while he was also calling the home phone. This prevented my daughter from working as she works from home online taking those 1-800 phone calls for everything from sales to charities. She got a temporary restraining order based on threats he made. The judge threw it out stating that she was using the courts as a weapon against her husband. The threats got worse. He said that the fact that the judge threw it out was proof that God was with him and that she would be punished. A new temporary restraining order was issued when he left a message saying that they already had their names on the gravestone with their son that had died between them and that when they went to eternity, they would go as a family. He now is facing charges of the lowest level of domestic violence. The whole family is a mess and she lives in constant fear. He was in a psych unit for eval but is out now at a family members home and has started stalking her staying just out of the 500 ft that he has to be by the restraining order. She had a hard time deciding as she believes marriage is for life and is now filing for divorce. In the mean time, her daughters have a different father that has been kept out of their lives. He has served time for child molesting and finding this out is why she broke contact with him. He also has made threats against her as recently as 5 years ago when he found her after my grandson died. Because CPS got involved, they contacted him and he is now again in her life. We had a horrible time of it when she was involved with him. He even went so far as to stalk me to try to find out where she was. He had set fire to a workman's truck just because he was putting a fence up around her place that was ordered by the landlord. So not only is she dealing with the new fears, but the old ones have come back into her life. I worry about my daughter on two levels. One is that one of these two will actually cause harm to her or the children and the other that the stress of worrying about it will cause her harm. Among other issues, she has serious heart problems. It has taken a lot to get her to accept that this is not her fault. I have had to talk her through what problems her husband has caused in her life by going back step by back till before they were married. He has always been controlling and manipulating and emotionally and mentally abusive, but I could not make her see it. In fact all I could do was stand by and help her as needed for fear he would cut off all contact with me. He had already cut off most of the contact prior to his own mother dying. At that time he allowed me back into their lives. I was in fear that if I said too much or did too much, she would side with him and I would lose my ability to be there for them. Having been in an abusive marriage myself I saw the signs but could not do anything until she was ready.

Please pray for my family that we will all overcome the issues in our lives. My loss of job is small potatoes compared to everything else. It is just the icing on the cake. It does have the blessing of allowing me to be there for my daughter more.

Deb, may God be near to you all, give you comfort, peace and help in your great time of need. Be strong.

Oh merciful God, hold this family close to Your heart. Guard especially the children. Heal their lives and provide for them as a loving Father.

MtRider :pray:

Thank you for all the prayers. I think that this past year is one of those that shows how much your world can change quickly. I can see post be in alot of this, for instance my daughter is now seeing that she was in an abusive relationship and is trying to change it. It has been hard convincing her that just because he didn't beat her, that does not mean she wasn't being abused. He was physical and has had her flee the house for the safety of herself and the kids a number of times but made excuses that it was because he was drinking or under a lot of stress. The fact that she couldn't go or do anything, have anything in her name and had to keep in constant touch by phone wasn't seen by her. He even kept telling the kids that they were responsible for her health issues and that they were killing her. Now she is starting to take control of her life and the kids aren't afraid to be kids. Yes I worry but I see things getting better as they get through this. As for the job, I was thank ng of leaving anyway. The new owners have made working conditions horrible since they bought the place two years ago. I just would have preferred leaving on my own with a new job to take its place. But even that, Change may be a good thing. It is getting through the now that is rough. As I said my sister and my job were both a shock but my daughters situation has me to n fear.

I hope the adult members of your household will go out and find work, even actual part time work. They should be pitching in. I will pray for your whole family , for their safety, and motivations they need to be stronger.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.