MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Kappydell I was hoping to check in today and see that you are all settled!  What an ordeal.  Your home will be worth it though.  It is very pretty.

I guess we are all pretty much having lots of "living" problems. Life can be so frustrating trying to get everyhing/everyone repaired, settled or set up.  I for one can't wait for a better New Year.

Jeepers your little man is so cute.  It reminds me of my "little" boy.  It's his birthday today and he is solidly middle aged now.  Where did the time go?

We have struggled this past week to get anything done.  DH has been very weak.  I hope it is temporary but I'm scared it isn't.

Have a great day ya'll!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today's plan: Run around like chicken with head cut off.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!

Long version:

Target, Sam's, Walmart, Petsmart, Tractor Supply (45 minutes away!), Mom's house (to cut out and bake sugar cookies).  Hubby is taking both kids off for a while this afternoon (the 11-year-old has a "date", so they're all going to the movies).

Is it naptime yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whoa....good luck with all that, TheCG!

Today... .....it's snowing but only a small cell.  Not predicted to get much.  Settle the DUST.  Drastic cold forecast has been moderated somewhat.  With no sun, we lose the wonderful 'solar gain' and it's very cold.  :lol:  Right now I see snow out my window and sunshine peeking thru on the floor.  Well, it looks more Christmas-y now.  :santa:

Hoping to send just a couple Christmas cards out.  Have sent a few email ones.  But my elderly uncle just sent one and I'd like to return one.  I'm just not good at all with correspondence anymore.....if it's not email. 

Glad I did the load of laundry yesterday.....so I don't deal with snow coming down and up the stairs to get to washer/dryer 'down under' house.  :clothesline:  Part of cat's new kitty bed is still 'airing out' on the clothes line.

MtRider  :frozen:  :santa:  Winter's here....  {shoo!  Go away! }

• Like 2

Today was shockingly uneventful.  Nobody texted or emailed a demand for several hundred dollars.  I tell you, I did not budget but half what all these inspections and stuff are costing.  But it's gonna be so worth it.

Also, I have something really neat arriving on the doorstep this coming Thursday!

• Like 4

Birthday party for a newly 15 year old today. She had three of her close friends over for an old(er) movie marathon... they watched The Court Jester, Labyrinth and White Christmas.

DH and I have been recovering from colds this week so it's been a lot quieter than the week before Christmas would normally be... gotta admit I've enjoyed it! Daughters have been running errands for us and disappearing periodically to do their Christmas shopping. 

Another short cold snap going on, too... nothing like Mt Rider's, obviously, but our low tonight is supposed to be 18* which is considered "Extreme Cold" for our area, plus we have freezing fog going on. DD18 had to have help to get her car door open this morning... it was frozen shut, lol. I'm looking forward to NOT going anywhere tomorrow!

• Like 3
12 hours ago, babysteps said:

but our low tonight is supposed to be 18* which is considered "Extreme Cold" for our area,

I'm moving to Boonies, OR!!!  :happy0203:

....our overnite low was MINUS 10.  But sun is warming things up today.  Actually by this point in Dec, we're usually closer to 20 below.....at least the past decade.  Before that, we'd rarely get subzero.  Weather always changes over long periods of time.  Thankful this fall/winter has been mild, despite subzero nites.  With everything ELSE going on this past 6 months, milder weather is a blessing!

MtRider  B)

• Like 2

You'd be so BORED here, Mt Rider! An inch or two of snow maybe --MAYBE-- once or twice a winter, , no bears, cougars are rare... :24: What ever would you do for fun?? 

It ended up not getting near as cold last night as they predicted... might have been down to 30, and was above freezing by 9am. We had clouds move in -- which is what warms *us* up. It's the clear nights that are stinkin cold. The cloudy ones are much warmer. And we get lots (and lots, and LOTS) of rain. Which equals mud. All winter long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol, babysteps, she probably would get bored.  But, the mud, that might be fun. :happy0203:

I got up early, couldn’t stay asleep because I kept thinking about what needed to be packed and how I was going to get it all in the car, including the 2 big dogs & ferrets. The back seat folds down, so that gave me more room for everything. If we didn’t have a full sized spare and doughnut tire, I am sure everything would’ve fit fine.

Then, Gunny decided to open his present. I had put a brand new rope pull toy in the dogs backpack, but forgot to close the bag. Yup, he found it, pulled it out and put it on his bed. Brat!  Just as bad as a kid. 

The trip was mostly uneventful, until Gunny tried to push Grrr into the trunk. Poor Grrr tried to climb into the back window to get away.    :shakinghead:

We made it safely to TX. Traffic was congested the whole trip. The signs said that there was an accident, but by the time we got to that mile marker, it was cleared up. 

Today, MIL wants to go get the ham she ordered for Christmas dinner. DH and I might go shopping crowd watching at the mall. We do that every year for entertainment. Everyone running around with perplexing looks on their faces. :lol:

It is 31* here. I made sure all my plants and outdoor water pipes were covered. The house sitter said she would make sure that the covers don’t blow away if it gets windy at home. 

I hope everyone is having a fun day.  

• Like 1

I think I could get used to less FUN, Babysteps.  :lol:   But mud.....I dont' care for.  Here in the Rockies....we don't do mud.  Not much soil.  Just decomposing granite...aka: DG.  I like that aspect. 

Glad to hear you arrived safe, Annarchy.  Kappy/Mary finally IN....partially.  Making some progress. 

Our Christmas box from Maui is riding around in the mail truck.  Unless they extended their Sat hrs, we're not going to connect with it until Tues.  Too big to fit into the communal boxes.  :shrug:  I don't think what DH ordered delivered to them will make it either.  We're all pretty casual about shipping not arriving....since none of us is guaranteed to get stuff out early enough for any holiday/Bday. 

Went to bed with headache....stilll have headache.  Need neck adjustment.  My vision is a bit affected and my cognitive is totally affected by pain.  OW!  The WIND was screaming up this valley.  I THINK it might have slacked back a bit.  Haven't made it up to 32 degrees in the past 2 days.  At 28 right now at noon.  Sunny but kinda nasty.  :frozen:   ......I think I could put up with mud....  <_<

MtRider  :twister3:   <-----my brain and outside....

• Sad 1

I hope all is well in TX, Annanrchy!  Have a good family time!  And I hope you warm up some, Mt. Rider!  31 here tonight, but not all day, too!

I had Sunday School and Church this morning and then Candlelight Service tonight.  DH came with me tonight!  We got home and had Split pea soup and fruit salad, then opened one present each.  DH gave me a new soup cup and saucer and he got a ceramic eagle to add to his collection.  The rule this year was that all presents to each other had to come from a thrift shop or Dollar store.  The one present not at that standard is the 16X20 canvases that my Aunt painted for us of our Lucy Schnauzer who passed away last Sept.  

I already have a few goals in mind to work on next year and am wondering if Mt. Rider, Jeepers or Annarchy want to start a separate topic or thread for that?

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Merry Christmas to all of my Mrs. S. family.  I truly love and care about each and every one of you!

We are getting blasted with snow today. It is very pretty out there especially since I'm inside all warm and cozy and not out there in it. Even though I do like the snow and cold weather. Today is a snuggle day.

I already bought everything I wanted or needed for Christmas so I have no more shopping or errands to run until 2018. Oh, I might make a quick run to Michaels tomorrow. I need one wide mouth quart canning jar to store something in (will explain later, it's for pool shock) and Michaels sells single canning jars. All of my quarts are regular mouth and I only need 1 wide mouth jar. I'll probably pick up 2 just incase I need another one for something else again. Darn it. I was right in there yesterday for a poster frame and didn't know I needed a jar until last night.

I had a poster made online for my bedroom. Time to take down the 'married couple' stuff off the walls that has been there since I moved here. Surprisingly, It isn't a sad thing though. Maybe because of what I'm replacing it with. I found an old black and white picture of my mom kissing me goodnight when I was 5 years old. Wish I knew how to colorize it. Maybe some day. She died when I was 18 years old. I'll post a picture of the picture I used. I have some smaller pictures I'll frame to make a set. It's all sweet for me and not sad. Hope it isn't too big to post.

D-ex sent me a nice Homedics Shiatsu back massager chair pad thingy for Christmas. It really feels good. It isn't a gentle rub, instead it really gets down and dirty in there and goes to town on the muscles. Either he has forgiven my tirade last month (he deserved it and I'm not saying I'm sorry because I'm not and I know where we go for lying) or else he was feeling sorry that my back is so messed up. Or guilty. Whichever. I accepted it with a grateful heart. I've got a smile on my face, eyes rolled back in my head, getting a massage, sippin' sweet tea, still in my flannels and watching Hoarders on TV. Oh yeah, life is good...at least for today.  :008Laughing:

I'd be happy to participate in a goals thread Miki! Good idea. It might even help to keep me on task. I'm pretty pathetic on my own. Sigh. Lazy sloth. :D.  Actually not so lazy but just overwhelmed.

Poster.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

Actually not so lazy but just overwhelmed.

You got that right, Jeepers!!!!   But it's the same frustrating results!  :0327:

Merry Christmas to you all.  :amen:

I'm still trying to get moving.  WIND was blowing last nite; had an unsettled sleep.  Was not feeling well yesterday but that finally passed and I got gifts wrapped.  I'm missing some....just a bit so we'll be fine.  Have 2nd Christmas when they arrive.  Just didn't get order placed in time.  Got to get going and shower, etc. 

DH got his Christmas present:  checked and he is INDEED finished with his continuing education requirements for his tax license.  :santa:  As of yesterday.  Now our Internet usage might come down.  He did it at home for a couple days since he hasn't been feeling well either.  Adjusting blood pressure meds, etc.  Trying to acheive a happy balance. 

MtRider  .....dressing for :twister3:  but no snow.  Have enough left over for the Christmas affect tho.....   B)  

• Like 2

Wishing all a Merry Christmas.  We joined several friends last night for a Christmas dinner, and then today we bathed, put on sweats etc., and just "hung out"...totally lazy and enjoyed every minute of it! Want proof? (notice Abby-girl had to stick her nose in the picture!)

101_0714.JPG

101_0715.JPG

• Like 5

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Beautiful pictures!

I haven’t slept well at all since we got here, so I took some NyQuil.  I slept like a log last night. 

MIL told us this morning, her maid came in with a cold, and now she’s got it.  DH and Grrr are both sneezing today.  :gaah: MIL said she told the maid not to come but she did anyway. Really?!?  MIL is 87, why did the maid think that was a good idea to come anyway?

I got up 4 hours before MIL and DH did. Read a book in my quiet time. Cooked and served dinner, then cleaned up. Finally got too warm, showered and put my comfy clothes on and and settled in my chair. They’ve been watching football all day. 

Now, it’s time to get some sleep. 

• Like 2

Nice pictures we2! That Miss Abby-Girl sure is a character.

I might be a little scarce for a day or two. I think I'm getting sick. Nothing major but I'm thinking a virus. It's hard to tell because I feel so lousy most of the time lately. My head is about to explode (nothing new), my neck is so stiff and sore I can hardly move it (discs?) Back hurts so bad laying is the only position tolerable (arthritis?), I can't get warm (it is only 10 degrees out there).

But the tell-tale sign is the upset stomach; it is really sick. I hate to be nauseous worse than anything. Breakfast was tea and toast and a prayer. Also my abdomen is tender so something is probably brewing in there too.

This is probably what I get for going out shopping around the past week.

As lousy as I feel, I am comforted in the fact that I have plenty of soups, crackers, bread, fruit, liquids and various meds in the house. I went to the store on the 23rd. and filled in my winter holes (lucky move) so I want for nothing. This is why I prep.

Crimony, my sciatica nerve is flaring up now. I'm taking the heating pad to bed and listen to a book on CD and hopefully sleep through some of it.

I hope it's only the 24 hour variety. Which will mean it will most likely be here for 72 hours because germs find me so delightful to hang around with. Or maybe because I'm old.  :happy0203: 

Edited by Jeepers
Edited for clarity. I know the nerve is the sciatic nerve and the pain is sciatica. Don't ya hate to notice those things after you hit 'post'.
  • Sad 2

I hope you feel better soon, Jeepers!

Went to Walmart today to get my glasses and found that they made the bifocals the same as the distance part.  On purpose?  I can't read at all with them, barely make out letters.  I was so disappointed as they were already a week and a half late and I was getting excited to get them.  That'll teach me!  Doc won't re-open until Thurs. so then I can start the waiting process again.

Aside from that, laundry day is progressing.

I bought 6 pineapples for 99 cents each at Kroeger so there will be canned pineapple chunks in my near future!

Awww, Jeepers, I hope you feel better soon. :hug3:

An idea:  Crush some cloves, sprinkle with cayenne and cinnamon, put it into a small cheese cloth. Draw a warm bath, add a cup of apple cider vinegar and the poultice. Enjoy. It helps relieve stress, aches and pains and smells naturally relaxing. 

• Like 2

:pray:  for the Annarchys and Jeepers.....for healing what ails them or germs that might get them.  'Tis THAT season too, unfortunately.  The opportunistic microbes ride around on the pre-holiday crowds.  :(

We had a fun Christmas.  We don't do much for gifts....clothes and useful stuff.  DH finally got an uninsulated coverall to replace one that's a leeeetle bit worn.  Since he's been wearing it since 1995...  He's got a newer heavy insulated one but the one for warmer weather was in dreadful shape.  We both got new chore gloves.  My folks were pleased with their gifts.  Not long ago, my folks lost electric power for several hours.  :frozen:  Talking to them on the phone when it happened.  After a while, my dad asked me how many matches it would take to heat up his tea...  ;)  So I got him one of the little stoves that use the white square fuel cubes.  And a candle that could do the same purpose inside the house on bad days.  I sneak prep things into their lives... :) 

But tho we just ate simple dinner, opened gifts, talked, talked on phone with family, ate pumpkin pie [premade and heat type].....we four were WORN OUT.  Not planning much today.  DH will go to PO to get the package from Maui that didn't join our celebration yesterday.  :rolleyes:

MtRider  .....resting.....  :)

• Like 3

Praying for all the sickies!! NOT fun at any time, and just miserable at Christmastime. 

We had a good Christmas too. We woke up to freezing rain on Christmas Eve, but the roads weren't bad so we went to church anyway. Went over to my bro and SIL's in the afternoon. My parents came too. Watched White Christmas with the family and opened a few gifts that night. We had some more freezing rain on the way home but the roads stayed good till we got home, thankfully! I like snow but ice is a whole different animal.

Tradition at our house is that kids get pjs and a new book each on Christmas Eve after we get home from the family party. So they read for a while and then went to bed. DH and I stuffed stockings and finished wrapping gifts and then went to bed also. 

Christmas morning the kids SLEPT IN :shrug: till 8:30, so we woke them up and let them get into their stockings while we made waffles for breakfast. DS21 and his girlfriend came over for breakfast, and then we opened the rest of the gifts. The rest of the day was spent reading new books and eating cookies, lol. 

• Like 3

Went to the lung doctor today.  The O2  monitor I wore that one night dipped into the "grab the oxygen!" level three times as I slept, coincidentally about how often I usually wake up.  And here I thought it was Nature calling.  (And maybe there's a link.)  So I get the sleep study in early February, and eventually, probably, some kind of oxygen supplement thereafter.

Hmm...low O2 saturation, even as we sleep, is not healthy.  And your link to when 'nature calls' ....I wonder about my mom.  That perhaps there would be a solution to her waking and getting so very little sleep. 

Best of luck in getting that nailed down, Ambergris!  Sleep is so vital to functioning on all cylinders, so to speak. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 1

Hopefully, Ambergris, they’ll be able to help you now. 

Babysteps, sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas. We did too, but it’s now time to head home. 

MIL says she is feeling much better, PTL!  Her maid is due in today, poor thing will have her work cut out for her. The dogs have shed and brought in a mess of dry grass, even though we brushed off as much as we could before letting them in. 

We we took down and boxed up all the Christmas decorations yesterday, because I won’t be coming in January. There is so much to do for our business - meetings, inventory, financial reports, taxes, etc.  Mt_Rider, does your DH know if all the changes to the information reports are posted on the IRS website?  

Well, it’s time to get re-packed and go home. 

I hope everyone has a great day. 

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Well, I'm feeling so much better today. I didn't expect to though. Maybe I was just overtired and not virused after all.

I slept for over 16 hours without waking up and I didn't even take anything to fall asleep. Today I'm back to normal aches and pains. Crazy. Maybe it was a barometric change or something. Donno. Just glad it wasn't the flu. Nausea is the worst thing for me. I hate it.

I have ginger/lemon tea but I'm out of ginger cookies. I'll definitely get some the next time I'm at the store. Just when you think you are prepared for every situation you find you have forgotten something. I thought I had all of my winter holes filled in.

When I woke up it was 0 degrees and now it's up to 4.  Brrrrr. Glad I can stay in but I do need to go out in the garage and start the lawn mower today.

• Like 3