MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
The WE2's

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Taking old dog to vet as she doesn't want to eat much anymore. :( Laundry day this afternoon.  And eBay photos.

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Sad 5

Doc thinks dog has kidney problems and DH says we can't afford tests.  Doc told us what to (try) to feed her.  She understands the money issue.  We will just try to keep some weight on her and let her be happy until she isn't.  I wish dogs lived longer lives!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I'm sorry Miki. Vet bills cost as much as human medical bills. Worse really because there is no insurance or government help. It's tough to have to make that decision but peoples needs have to come first. Darn it. That's the hardest part with having pets. But...you give them a good life then let them sleep.

I'm still sorry you are going through this now.   :hug3:

I mentioned hail the other day and wouldn't you know it. We just hade a huge hail storm. It sounded like it was going to break a window the way it was hitting them. I couldn't even see across the street. The sky got green (I hate that) and then it opened up and sent a deluge down. Green sky and hail can be the sign of tornado weather. I don't think there were any around me though. Jeep was safely in the garage, thankfully.  :rolleyes:

I hear thunder rolling again.

• Like 2

I wish pets would live longer too, Miki. :hug3:  The ferrets and ole Grrr are in their “Golden Years”. Tough on the heart, knowing what’s coming. 

Found a solution to tiny gnats in my potted plants inside. The gnats were eating the thyme sprouts as fast as they could grow. I rubbed bug repellent on the outside of the pots. It worked!  :amen:

The rose bushes are beginning to bloom and grow new leaves. Yeah!  I didn’t kill them when I planted them. :icon19:

Today, I am hoping to find out what is wrong with the lawn mower. I think it’s a clogged fuel line. God willing, that’s all it is. 

Then, pull out my canning jars and prep them for the carrot and beet harvest. 

The sun sun is up and I need to get stuff done before it gets too hot. They are saying 106*F by this weekend. Oh, along those lines, the National Forest Service has shut down the forests, until it rains. Major fines if they catch you in there. We haven’t had any rain and the fire danger is extreme. We’ve had several fires already this year.  Way too early in the season. :(

• Like 3

Wow, Annarchy....this year has been so warm/mild winter.  All the usual 'markers' are ahead by at least a month.  I keep thinking we're well into June already.    We've had fires....mostly the grass fires...not forest wildfires. 

Agree about our furry pals....shorter life span.  My nearly 18 yr old cat has recovered and is ....fine.  :shrug:  As fine as an 18 yr old cat can be, I'd guess.  She still leaps up on the bed, etc.  Always a tiny cat...I think that helps.  LOUD meowwing a lot ....demanding when I fix her special food or when she wants me to dangle the string-on-stick.  But doesn't seem to be in pain.  Might be.  She's interacting as normal and sleeping normal for this late stage of her life.  What more can ya ask for. 

Have a nice day, y'all....

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ambergris said:

Looking at the finances glumly.  I kind of over-spent this month.

We have been trying to get back to zero since we closed on our house last June.  Almost there now and hope to be at zero by September! Putting in a back door and putting up a 5 foot chain link fence and small deck did us in but had to be done before we brought animals over.   

It's a process.  You sound like you are in better shape than we were!

Edited by snapshotmiki
  • Like 1

My finances have been looking a little glum lately too. The thing is I haven't made any major purchases or even medium ones this year. I guess treading water is better than sinking. At least you have some wise purchases for your yard to show for it.

My hair needs cut too. Usually in the summer I get it cut about an inch below my ear lobes. I'm rethinking that though because then it's too short to put up off of my neck and the heat kills me. It does feel good getting that hair off and so much easier in the shower with washing and drying it. It's about an inch below my shoulders now. Cut it to make it feel good and easy to maintain VS. longer so I can clip it up off of my neck?  I suck at making decisions.

• Like 2

I chopped mine off (well, the lady at the salon did...) into basically a pixie without the pieces in front of my ears.  Presentable enough for finding a job, but much much easier to take care than just about any haircut that isn't a buzz.

Edited by TheCG
  • Like 2

Guy comes tomorrow to fix the stove, the oven, and the washing machine  all under warranty for $75.  Want to ask him about the ceiling fans that have locked down,  but that might be a different $75.  

We had to have our sweet Molly put to sleep today.  Not eating or drinking, throwing up bile, barely even moved off her bed.  I told DH today that the price of loving someone or something seems to get higher, the older we get!  Rough day!

• Sad 2

I'm sorry Miki. Even though it's the right thing to do, it's still so hard.

Sending you love and hugs friend!  

Awww....so sad!  (((Miki))))

MtRider  ....always wishing their life spans were more closely matched with ours.... :( 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.