MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

29 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I have been using my phone to access, mostly, as my computer got hi-jacked with an update from Hades. The phone access seems normal.

My computer did that last week.  (I pulled the plug to turn it off.  :whistling:)  It didn't like it when I finally turned it back on.  It told me it had to update before I could get my welcome screen.  Computers....... :hidingsmile:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Annarchy said:

Update is done, everything seems OK. 

LOL I was making a long post below and it wouldn't let me send it so I lost it. Probably because I'm on the Kindle. No problem. I'll feel it when I'm on a real computer.

it's "re  do"  not  "feel'. This thing won't let me type the word  "re do" with auto correct getting involved. I tried back spacing and got "black woman" and "north face"

I tried to type "I'm" without the apostrophe and got "Indian team". I think my auto correct might have some social issues.  

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

LOL I was making a long post below and it wouldn't let me send it so I lost it. Probably because I'm on the Kindle. No problem. I'll feel it when I'm on a real computer.

it's "re  do"  not  "feel'. This thing won't let me type the word  "re do" with auto correct getting involved. I tried back spacing and got "black woman" and "north face"

I tried to type "I'm" without the apostrophe and got "Indian team". I think my auto correct might have some social issues.  

That's too funny, Jeepers!  I think your auto correct might need political correct!  LOL

Today was laundry day, then made a carrot cake for DH and then tuna salad for lunches.  Just wrote a couple of eBay drafts and getting ready to go outside (if I don't melt) and pick some blueberries and blackberries.  When I come in, I have a few eBay photos to take and that's it...except for baking some French fries to go with dinner.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, Jeepers said:

Yeah, that OCD thing gets me too. I use one count per breath though. So the single digits trip me up big time until I can get to thir-inhale...teen-exhale. Four-inhale...teen-exhale. I should start at twen-inhale...tee-exhale but Mr. OCD says I must start at the beginning. Then the ADD kicks in and questions why. I try to let ADD and OCD battle it out but I usually get sucked into the drama. Squirrel! And I'm off to something else very 'important' at 4 O'clock in the morning. See a pattern there.

Did you notice I put ADD before OCD. Why? Because 'A' comes before 'O' in the alphabet of course. Oh, TheCG is probably laughing her butt of right about now. :cheeky-smiley-067:

Kayaking sounds so refreshing.

OCD should really be CDO, so the letters are in alphabetical order the way they should be. :24:

I think we might be going kayaking next weekend if we manage to escape from relatives long enough.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, Jeepers said:

I hear that TheCG. I lived in SW Texas and was pregnant. Misery!  Miz-er-REEE  I tell ya.

Nah, Miz-er-REEE is a few more states to the east. :cheeky-smiley-067:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

I sent someone an email once telling them that I resent something. 

She answered back that she didn't know why, sending it again wasn't that big of an issue. 

So I sent, "OK, let's start over.  I RE-SENT it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, that state is Miz - UR - reee.  :24:

OCD is only CDO if you have OCD and ADD and Dyslexia. I'm hitting 2 out of 3 but there's still time. I do have severe Dyscalculia which could account with my counting and breathing at the same time issues. :008Laughing:

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

No, that state is Miz - UR - reee.  :24:

OCD is only CDO if you have OCD and ADD and Dyslexia. I'm hitting 2 out of 3 but there's still time. I do have severe Dyscalculia which could account with my counting and breathing at the same time issues. :008Laughing:

Hey, you've met hubby! (He's got all 3!) :sSig_help2:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Annarchy said:

My computer did that last week.  (I pulled the plug to turn it off.  :whistling:)  It didn't like it when I finally turned it back on.  It told me it had to update before I could get my welcome screen.  Computers....... :hidingsmile:

Yeah, I knew it was going to be a nightmare, so for the past 2 months, every time I boot it up, it told me it needed to update and asked if it could do it now. And for 2 months, I hit the “later” button. Today, however, I had to run outside briefly while it was booting up. Apparently it took the opportunity, when I wasn’t there to hit “later” to go ahead and do the update. I returned, fully believing I was going to work, only to discover that it was 1% done with the update. GAH! :motz_6:

Happily, our brutal heat wave with high humidity was broken by a great thunderstorm. With the thunder and lightning we got a really nice rain. WOOT!

Another storm front is moving through now, so no twilight walk tonight. That’s OK. NEEDED more rain.

• Like 1

Tonight I had a hankering for something breakfast-y for dinner. I decided to make a blueberry clafoutis. Mmmmmm. Hit the spot!

• Like 1

Well dang Ms. Fancy Pants. I had to look up clafoutis. It sounds yummy!!!

The storms cooled things down here today too. I just looked at the radar and IL. IN. and OH. are lit up. Probably be a rumbly night again. Stay safe everyone!

Clafoutis sounds fancy, but it is simple and quite tasty. A homesteading friend introduced me to them. She has all kinds of recipes that use eggs!

Edited by Cowgirl
autocorrect issues

Blueberry Whooz-its? 

Can someone send me instructions on how to do a page image ...capture...thingie...please???  Dang, forgot the name.  My Home page is drastically different.  I did find some things, thankfully.  Y'all know me and CHANGE or pushing buttons  :behindsofa:  But I pushed a few and nuthin' blew up here.  Found "unread posts" and with a few additional clicks I can get to chat...  :scratchhead:  Formerly was on my Home page.  My Home page is now quite de-personalized.  I checked to see if I .....er,.. was me???  Yep, I come on as MtRider and I'm still in Moderators category.  

Does ANYONE still access MrsS with a laptop? 

=============

And yeah....my laptop pulled that fast one on me too when I'd been avoiding an update or download or some such.  With our Internet usage issues, sometimes one of those could have me over my alloted usage.  :o 

===============

Our altitude is IN THE CLOUDS this nite.  BRRRR! :frozen:  Was hot until sunset and the wet clouds rolled down from north.  I'm still trying to cool off the inside of the house tho.  Cuz of that rain on Monday and the heat today, I'd expect. 

================

One more thing:  is anyone familiar with an Apple device [one of the iPads, I think] that will type when you speak into it?  I'd be REALLY interested in knowing about it.  Like:  how good the voice recognition is....UNLIKE "auto-correct" for instance.  :laughkick:  And how much you can do that function...like pages and pages?  And...can you then 'edit' and copy/paste and ....  :shrug:  Typing hurts and I'd like to resume writing my stories.

MtRider :pc_coffee: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
3 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

clafoutis

I loked it up....copied a recipe...gonna try it.  Sounds  a lot like a baked pancake thing we make.  Except in that, the fruit [apples, cranberries, walnuts, etc] is cooked on stovetop and added on the plate.

Sooo...how IS it pronounced? 

MtRider  :sSig_thankyou:

This is the recipe I made tonight:

Basic Clafoutis Recipe

I studied German in school, so I am clueless on French:

How to Pronounce Clafoutis

My DH can’t pronounce it to save his life, but he really likes “that egg thingie” that I have been making.  :nail:

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Blueberry Whooz-its? 

Can someone send me instructions on how to do a page image ...capture...thingie...please???  Dang, forgot the name.  My Home page is drastically different.  I did find some things, thankfully.  Y'all know me and CHANGE or pushing buttons  :behindsofa:  But I pushed a few and nuthin' blew up here.  Found "unread posts" and with a few additional clicks I can get to chat...  :scratchhead:  Formerly was on my Home page.  My Home page is now quite de-personalized.  I checked to see if I .....er,.. was me???  Yep, I come on as MtRider and I'm still in Moderators category.  

A screen shot?  You should have a button up around your backspace that says "prt sc" or print screen.  Push it, then open up Paint and paste (CTRL-V), then save.  My computer automatically saves it when I hit the "prt sc" button and tells me it's saving.  Don't know if yours would as well.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

I do!  Nothing has changed on MrsS lately for me.  I did have to do a large update a few days ago.

Thanks for the "prt sc" info, CG.  I didn't know that

Didn't sleep well last night and don't plan on doing much today!

"klah  foo  TEE"

:happy0203:

7 hours ago, TheCG said:

A screen shot?  You should have a button up around your backspace that says "prt sc" or print screen.  Push it, then open up Paint and paste (CTRL-V), then save.  My computer automatically saves it when I hit the "prt sc" button and tells me it's saving.  Don't know if yours would as well.

:scratchhead:  ....okaaay, I found prt-sc button and pressed it.  :behindsofa:   Nothing happened visibly. 

But "Paint" ?????  What...where is that?  I haven't even found all the things I used to know since Windows changed ...ahem "improved" things a few months ago. 

I know CTRL-V {thanks to Annarchy}.  How does the screen shot get to another page so I can show Annarchy what my Home page looks like now???

Thanks for the tutorial...

MtRider  :pc_coffee:

• Like 1

:tapfoot:  ........I FOUND MY CHANGED SCREEN PROBLEM.......  "Too many buttons, Wilbur"  {an old family saying}  This is WHY I don't like so many buttons. 

OK....I was following TheCG's directions ..... :lol:  which should read PRINT, not "PAINT" by the way :lol:  While trying 'print' ...IT WORKED!

HOWEVER....the screen shot showed my entire desktop, which wasn't my intention so I supersized just the Forums Home page to fill whole screen.  And whaddya know.....there was the rest of my Home Page.  Hiding in the edges, unseen.  :scratchhead: 

So I hit yet ANOTHER button.... "minus" button to shrink the page and ....ta dah.  ALL IS BACK TO NORMAL. the edges are now showng again....    

<_<    .... not all that amused at the incident, however.  I assume that I hit the "plus" button at some point and caused all this hooha.  :gaah:

:happy0203:  HOWEVER......... I AM certainly delighted to have learned a new skill.  "prt sc"... then PRINT....then CTRL-V ...then CTRL-V on the page you want it. 

:sSig_thankyou:  TheCG for your help.  It ultimately and indirectly DID INDEED solve my weirded-out screen issue.  And you taught more than me how to get a screen shot.  :thumbs:

MtRider ....  :0327:   Whew, education is a lot of work...... {esp when you're old...} 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Yes ma'am, I still do!!! I prefer it over my "smartphone" cause my fingers are too big to accurately type on the "keyboard" thingie on the phone! Plus, I'm at home most of the time and my WiFI internet access is much cheaper than any cell phone plan out there! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mt_Rider said:

:tapfoot:  ........I FOUND MY CHANGED SCREEN PROBLEM.......  "Too many buttons, Wilbur"  {an old family saying}  This is WHY I don't like so many buttons. 

OK....I was following TheCG's directions ..... :lol:  which should read PRINT, not "PAINT" by the way :lol:  While trying 'print' ...IT WORKED!

HOWEVER....the screen shot showed my entire desktop, which wasn't my intention so I supersized just the Forums Home page to fill whole screen.  And whaddya know.....there was the rest of my Home Page.  Hiding in the edges, unseen.  :scratchhead: 

So I hit yet ANOTHER button.... "minus" button to shrink the page and ....ta dah.  ALL IS BACK TO NORMAL. the edges are now showng again....    

<_<    .... not all that amused at the incident, however.  I assume that I hit the "plus" button at some point and caused all this hooha.  :gaah:

:happy0203:  HOWEVER......... I AM certainly delighted to have learned a new skill.  "prt sc"... then PRINT....then CTRL-V ...then CTRL-V on the page you want it. 

:sSig_thankyou:  TheCG for your help.  It ultimately and indirectly DID INDEED solve my weirded-out screen issue.  And you taught more than me how to get a screen shot.  :thumbs:

MtRider ....  :0327:   Whew, education is a lot of work...... {esp when you're old...} 

I"m glad it was useful!

(Weirdly enough, I did mean Paint - the drawing program)

Laptop here too. An old Windows 7.

I saw a house for sale online. Last night I told my son to call about it today and make an appointment to go look at it. DIL got an appointment for tomorrow after work. About an hour ago I looked at it online again and now they are having an open house Sunday. The open house was just posted a couple of hours ago. Darn, I'll bet it sells right away. They made an appointment and all of the sudden it's going to have an open house. Coincidence? Probably. But now I feel like I have even more competition.

Sigh. It is far from perfect and a little more than I wanted to spend but I've been looking every day for so long and this is the first one I got excited about. The only thing I have in my favor is that I got pre-approved for a loan and set up an account for my Social Security check (34 days!) to be deposited at the same bank. I'm so glad I did that now.

If it's meant to happen, it will. The summer is still young. I'm hoping it does though.  I'm just sort of sorry I got son's hopes up but this is the only way I can do it living so far away.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, TheCG said:

(Weirdly enough, I did mean Paint - the drawing program)

Seriously?  I couldn't find any Paint program ....  :scratchhead: ...and the Print worked to do the screen shot.  Weird is right!  But I'm happy to know how to do that...and by doing so, inadvertently solved the original "problem". 

MtRider  ....gotta love the community of MrsS  :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I’m here in TX safe. The drive was very light traffic until I got to the big city. 

Mom made beef tips on noodles and we spent the evening watching Last Man Standing. 

Time me to get some sleep. Mom has a Dr. apt tomorrow for a spot she thinks is cancer. :gaah:

Here’s a couple pics of the drive. 

73F5F0E1-BA1A-4331-B70A-6B1A218F83F5.jpeg

0A5744A0-A436-4CBD-A73D-D0CB9D1C3187.jpeg

5FF85BB7-D7FB-4FE1-8827-DB09BF5A0733.jpeg

• Like 2