MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Good Morning everyone,

Sunny clear day, currently in the mid 50’s, and I’m getting my day started. 

One cup of sourdough starter is warming up to room temperature, I’ve had to remove a tablespoon already, to keep it from overflowing the measuring cup. 

Getting ready to go out and make another batch of chicken food and refill the hens feeders. Then, start preparing for this month’s trip to TX. First on my list is to fill the car and make sure it doesn’t stall. God willing, having the tank and sensor replaced will have solved the problem. House sitter is prepped.  Luggage is out & ready to be packed. Dee-oh-geez don’t have a clue, yet. Lol. They get sooo excited when they get to go for a ride. 

Note to self:  Make a list of things that I need to take.  :happy0203:

• Like 1

Wow Homesteader, I'm sorry you guys had to go through it too. But thanks for telling me. I don't feel so alone and picked on. :hug3:

I looked up everything I needed online, and I had it, but the first time I went they were closed the day AFTER Veterans Day so they could get an extended 4 day weekend (they are closed on Mondays) and the second time it wasn't my fault I wasn't in THEIR computer. And the fact that my license expired in June of this year and I had them renewed (on time) and it looked like I have only been driving for 6 months wasn't exactly my fault either.

Everything has to show my own address so I can't use sons. I have gas and electric bills going to my Indy address so I have those. Plus checks and mortgage and home owners insurance etc. with my address. I also have to have a birth certificate and because I wasn't born with my married name (duh) I have to show either a marriage or divorce certificate to prove my real last name is the one on my Social Security card. I have all the paperwork. If they just had me in the computer...or if I hadn't had to renew my Ohio license when I did...and they hadn't taken an extra day off...

Anyway, just watch your dates when you are reapplying in another state. Take a marriage license to show why your maiden name is different on your birth certificate and Social Security card. And if doing anything online make sure it doesn't say "Unofficial" on the site. I could have gotten my driving record online for $5.00 but it was listed as "Unofficial" and wouldn't have been accepted. Same thing with a birth certificate.

Who knows what I'll run into when trying to get a homestead exemption.

So, I went over to the license bureau and got my driving record. There is another hour and a half and $8.50 I'll never see again. If it didn't have my personal information on it I'd show it. It's one sheet of paper that is only half used. Underneath where it says "Driving Record For The Past 36 Months" There are a couple of blank spaces and it says, "End Of Driving Record".  Basically, I don't have a driving 'record'.  :happy0203:

• Like 2

I forgot to mention, when I was at the desk filling out the form to get my driving record, she plopped a video camera up on the desk to record me filling out the paper. I guess getting a drivers license is serious business these days. Either that or I'm looking pretty rough these days.    :ph34r:

Mt_Rider, we had a friend who made a very impressive tumble weed snowman, spray painted white. He says he’ll never do it again. He’s still having to remove tumble weeds from his yard. And that’s after 5 years. :icon19:

Thanks for the memories. But, Chandler AZ makes their 100’ tree out of them every year, with all the bells and whistles. 

Awwww Jeepers, that nuts. Terrible that you are going through all that. Hopefully, it’ll go smoothly now. 

Went and filled the car, no problems, thankfully, went shopping, got chicken feed and a couple items from WM. 

Working on dinner now....

• Like 1

Took things EZ today.  Guess yesterday when we clipped Abby's toenails, I must have pulled some muscles.  Sciatica was "on fire" from hip to ankle on left.  Took some Aleve for the pain and I guess that was a huge mistake.  Woke up about 5am to visit bathroom and got so dizzy I nearly didn't make it back to bed (low blood pressure I'm sure).  Slept until almost 9am (very unusual for me!) and just felt exhausted.  I think the OTC put a twist on my thyroid, which made me feel off balance.  So the cranberries are still in the deep freeze.  Got laundry done but that was about all, other than meals and dishes.  Took a good dose of Vit C, Echinacea and some Elderberry syrup...just to make sure I'm not being attacked by something we came into contact with Saturday on our day trip.  The weather was beautiful, but couldn't enjoy it...hubby took cards to post office because I didn't want to get out someplace and start feeling poorly.  But I am feeling somewhat better this evening, but still queezy and "off".  Tomorrow's another day.

Ouch, We2’s, :pray: you feel better soon.  I know that sciatica feeling, totally messed up. Throws your whole conscience off. Seems like it’s the only thing ya focus on. 

Time to get some sleep....:offtobed:

Sorry We2.  :hug3:

I have that sometimes too. Fortunately, not too often. I'm kind of lucky that it only goes down to my knee. And Advil and a heating pad helps a little. If you call that lucky.

So true Annarchy. Especially when you can't get comfortable.

Felt more like myself today.  Got hubby off to his work project then proceeded with getting some things done around here.  Got bathroom linens done and put away, made another batch of laundry powder...I powder it really find in a blender that I use only for soap making.  Only takes 2 tablespoons for a load. Haven't done liquid for some time because I add oxyclean (or purex brand) and it foams up and makes a mess when added to the Zote, Washing Soda & Borax which means I have to add oxyclean as an extra and it's a powder.  Got most of the cranberries done.  Made them cranberry-strawberry-green chili jam ... and even hubby liked it!  Said "this would taste really good over cream cheese".  Home run...since he won't touch cranberry sauce etc.  It will also make a great topping over meats...just thin it out a bit.  I'll wash jars, remove rings and label tomorrow.  Got my kitchen cleaned up and canning supplies put away...for now.  I found a bag of sliced carrots in the deep freeze so I think I'll jar them up in half pints tomorrow. Makes a quick work of carrots in a stew or soup.  Should probably make about 6 half pints I think.  Wanna see my jam? 

101_0859.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another busy day.  Cleaned out toaster crumble tray and washed down the outside, cleaned stove top (still need to clean oven but that's another job for another day), changed bed linens, and jarred up 4 pints of carrots.  I'll wash jars, remove rings and label in the morning.  I changed my mind about half pints.  They seem to be a bit hard to find these days so I'm saving what I have for jams etc.  Next time the Mennonite store ha them I'll need to stock up on them big time!  Wanna see my carrots?

101_0861.JPG

• Like 4

Weather was sunny and mild today but now it's raining.  Can you believe it...the forecast was right!?  LOL  Watched a comedy movie with hubby and had some popcorn.  Now it's time to wind down, jump into jammies and grab my kindle reader.

• Like 1

Took DH to get a chest x-ray at hospital and then to new doctor's appt at 8:15 this morning. New doc needs more info from doctor at VA clinic, so there goes a month trying to get that to happen. Came home and threw my spoon bread into the oven for about 5 minutes and rushed up to my get together at Church. Came home for a half hour and then went to get a haircut. Busy day! Almost forgot that I stopped at a thrift store on the way home and found one of those things that you can arrange a lot of Christmas cards in to show them. Been looking for one for several years and only paid $4 for this one. It holds about 30 cards, I think. Then we set up our new tablets and I watched some tv for a little while.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Praying your dear hubby doesn't have to wait long for the paperwork, Miki.  Computers might be fast but we humans are still as slow as ever loading them up. :hug3:

The new doctor said to give the VA until the 27th and then start calling them until they show up down here, otherwise it might be more than a month.

Taking it easy this morning.  This afternoon I have a tooth to be pulled and while in that town, going to a salvage grocery store.  Probably going to the store first so I'm not drooling when I walk in!

:pray: all goes well with tooth pulling appt.  And hurry up VA!

Well, DH and I never get sick but it's because we take stuff from his chiro training AS SOON AS we start to feel a little 'off'.  So I began last nite with ginger/honey/squeezed lemon hot drink.  And the immune booster and natural VitC.  Not chemical "vit C".  Continuing this morning.  A bit of chill.  A bit of nose congestion that doesn't feel normal.  CALL OUT THE BATTALIONS  TO FIGHT THE CREEPING LEGIONS OF MICROBES! 

MtRider  :darthduck:

• Thanks 1

Just a pretty normal day...vacuumed, swept and baked a fresh loaf of bread.  Took my sweet little ole' time...and probably could have got a lot more done.  But...tomorrow (God willing) is another day to attack my "chore list".  Funny, since I started keeping that (as well as my evening journaling) I have a little extra nudge to get things done.  Things like cleaning out the frig and re-lining the shelves with press-n-seal?  LOL  It's on the list but...not this week! :24:

• Like 2

Hi :hi:

Just about completely done preparing for my trip to mom’s house. Dog & ferret supplies packed. Car set up.  House sitter scheduled. All except a FedEx delivery in the morning. Sigh. Means we’ll leave a little later than scheduled. 

Hopefully, we will get to Mom’s house by 6-7pm.  We’ll see. 

• Like 2

DS2's fiancee is out of surgery for an infection in her sweat glands.  Took out a chunk of her underarm and underside of her arm.  Got a wound vac on it now, and plan to graft skin in a few days, maybe before Christmas.  She is on mega antibiotics (started with Vancomycin).  She was told to expect an hour of surgery.  Try 3:30 to 7:30.  Poor kid.  She's miserable.  My son is sitting with her, trying to at least not let her be lonesome too.

• Sad 5

Well so far, I'm holding off the microbe 'attack'.  Keep taking our stuff and drinking fluids.  Sneezing a bit more, breathing clear but tickling nose.  I'm feeling a bit more worn out.  But other that than, I'm still feeling normal.  So I haven't officially GOTTEN anything....yet.  Sure intend to keep it that way!  :lol:   Have to send the 'whatever' packing before Christmas!!!! :pray:  Wouldn't dare 'share' with my folks.  And I SURE don't want what Jeepers had.... nooooooo!

My mom is AMAZING her P.T. staff with her increasing strength and how she's still so flexible.  :cheer:  Not quite back to pre-hip thing, but closing the gap.  :amen:

WE2....I can relate to the chore list....keeps getting longer but stuff getting crossed off the top too.  :dusting::dishes:  

:pray:  for Ambergis's son's fiance.....  Sounds so painful.  All that for 'infection' or did they suspect C?  Ow!

Drive safe, Annarchy!  Have the dee-oh-gees guessed that something is afoot yet?  :lol:  

MtRider  ...hate to say it but, we need rain   {or snow, I guess}  Mebbe this DUST is just getting to me?  Ah-CHOOO!

Edited by Mt_Rider
mangled sentence

Hubby finished the job site just in time for another customer to call and has some wall cracking he needs repaired.  That will begin the week after Christmas.  Said he thought he and his wife could do the painting...we'll see.  They're "golf course" people so they may decide they don't want to paint after all.  Saw a post from a close friend on FB (and I can't find it now!) where our Prez was warning people to be prepped for about 3 weeks...due to possible "insurrection".  Not sure if it was true or not, but we made a trip to Aldi's for some additional TP, Paper Towels, eggs and two more packages of the cheap 59c toilet paper (4 packs).  Took the cheapy TP over to the homestead as well as some additional vegetable oil, crisco-type veggie oil, pan sprays, a couple more cases of bottled water and some other odds and ends.  Probably wouldn't need most of it...but we can use it either way.  Now or later.  After I saw that "Alert" (which was in red) on FB we saw our Prez make an announcement himself that the "shutdown" was probably going to happen and that it could last "awhile".  

• Like 1