MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Met the lady to pick up the half pint jars...it was a case of really old ones in their original box...and 16 not 12!  $3 ... not sure if I want to use them.  Hubby worked on the bathroom this afternoon and I got most of laundry done today.  Beer battered Cod bites, fries and pork & beans for din-din.  We buy the Cod bites at the Amish/Mennonite store and they are absolutely delish!  I pull out the Fry Daddy when we have them and fries.  Abby-girl is enjoying her "mush" that we add to her kibbles.  In my blender I put sweet potatoes, some veggies, and some meat and blend it into a mush.  Keeps in the frig and we just give her 4 tablespoons over her 1 cup of kibbles at supper time.  

• Like 2

Well, our trip to Alabama got ut off (weather caused cancellation of the light show we were going to) so we put it off until next week.  So....its Christmas Baking Time!!  Made 10 do each of mounds brs, toffee squares, thumbpring cookies (peanut free), sugar cookies, ribbon cookies and our new variation marbled butter cookies (red white & green marbling).  Oh yeh...4 zucchini breads.  Tonight I get to decorate sugar cookies.  We have popcorn tins full, coffee cans full, butter cookies full....our guest room is the staging area and it smells wonderful, like Chriustmas!

Todays breakfast was poached eggs on greens (collards this time).  How I love picking fresh greens in the morning!

• Like 3

We paid taxes on this place and insurance on the Roost place.  Then to the homestead and while he worked on bathroom I scrubbed down the stove, frig and both freezers as well as the counters.  Didn't worry about the floor this time.  I'll stay here tomorrow while he works on the bathroom again...but we'll have to spend some time tomorrow running around and paying taxes on the homestead (it's the big one!) and then on the Roost.  We've decided to just finish the remodeling on the Roost and rent it out.  It's a cute little 2 BR with a storage shed and sits on a bit of a "knoll" on the corner.  No neighbors across the road on front or west side...so shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to rent it.  We'll sell this one for sure...needs too much work and the neighborhood is not in high demand...not a bad area, just on a busy street and no high dollar homes for miles.

• Like 3

Well my medical appt had to be moved back to Friday...due to an error caught by the med tech and confirmed by me when I got there. 

So I visited my folks while DH got the oil change finally done.  Then we fillled with gas and went to Walmart for the little bit of shopping we do for my folks.  They have everything but....my mom hasn't had decent leftover food containers in ...forever.  So she's getting some of those and a sparkly pink pillow....just for grins.  My dad's getting two large-but-light plastic trash cans.  He has to call a guy to pick up their trash cuz he can't manage to get a trashcan down their steep driveway.  The thing would run away with him!  So this will tidy up his garage a bit.  Of course they'll get candy and such too.  We're pretty pragmatic about gifts.  We get similar/usable gifts from them.  ...course if my brother/niece decide to come...then we're not done.  :rolleyes:

Picked up a couple new oven mitts for us.  New screens to put over boiling pots, etc.  Use them constantly and they aren't very durable.  And a new can opener.  Old one veers off course.  Then as we waited in the checkout line, my energy took a sudden dive.  They have Subway sandwich place right there so filled me up before we drove home in light snow.  Thot I'd never warm up - got chilled.  But pellet stove and furnace... I'm much better now. 

My mom went to P.T. and they were all surprised, pleased with how good she looked and not even using a cane.  Building up leg muscles and stamina now.  :amen:   That's for all who've prayed for her/us.

MtRider :pc_coffee: 

• Like 4

I made a trip to Wal-Mart too. My new glasses came in. I've discovered I like the frames tight. She had to adjust them 4 times. I got my prescription so I'm going to order an extra pair online and maybe a pair of sunglasses too. Will have to wait until after Christmas though. I think the script is good for 2 years.

D-ex called and would like for me to send some pictures. He is putting together some project for g'son. Sigh. I need to go digging through a couple of closets to find the specific ones and then scan and send.

I'm going to go to Indy tomorrow for the weekend. Got to finish up some shopping there and...please pray that I can pass the test to get my drivers license! I have test anxiety.

• Like 3

Emptied our wallet again today, paid taxes on the Roost (insurance came at same time...grrrr),  and insurance on homestead, then Menards and Lowes.  Will wait to pay taxes on homestead until end of this month.  It's a wopper so we'll see if God can send hubby some more work?  Otherwise, we always have to put it on credit and then reimburse ourselves when we file our income taxes and get most of our RE taxes back.  Went to the homestead to do some "shopping"...LOL  Love being able to do that when finances are tight! Weather's been warm, but today misted off and on most of the day.  

• Like 1

Took my car to the dealership to replace the gas tank.   Left the house around 6:15 but the car was iced, so it took a few minutes to de-ice enough for the wipers to clear it off. Wiped the windows down when I put in enough gas to get there. 

Waited and around noon, the service advisor came and told me they weren’t going to be able to get it finished. When the tank shipped, they forgot to include the sensor package, and didn’t notice until they had my car taken apart. So, they put me in a rental Dodge Grand Caravan for free, until it’s fixed. DH actually likes it.  :puzzledsmile:

Just before I left the dealership, I saw MrsS was off-line. :gaah:  As soon as I got home, and on my desktop computer, I got it on-line. :sorry: it took a while.  Shouldn’t happen again. 

Trying to get some rest now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, I for one, did not notice if MrsS went dead today.  Thank you for your diligence, Annarchy!  :hug3:  Ya saved us again.  Glad you got a vehicle until they get your's finished!!!! 

Praying for Jeepers to be calm and just do that thing!  :amen:

MtRider  ....... :offtobed:  ....I wish!  Still have couple things to do but sooon! 

I hope your test goes well, Jeepers!  And your cookie baking sounds amazing, Kappy!  I'm glad things are going better for your folks, Mt Rider and am praying for your outcomes!  Great that the dealership gave you a free rental, Annarchy!  I hope your car is done soon.  I haven't written much lately, not sure why.  Went to Kroger yesterday for 49 cent a pound turkey and then out to dinner last night with my Sunday School class.  As of today, I am down 60 pounds since July 11th of this year.  Yay!  I have plans now to go to FL in March but will wait to see what plans God has.  LOL  Not always the same!

• Like 5

Wow! 60 lbs. is great,  Miki. 

39*, frosty and a slight breeze this sunny morning. Covered the plants last night. The tomatoes seemed to have a bit of frost bite from Wednesday night, hope it doesn’t hurt them too much. I’m still waiting for the tomatoes to turn red. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah! We got our car back. 

It smells like gas, we’re hoping it’s just residual. We put $10. in it and it barely moved the gauge needle. Maybe a bigger tank?  We’ll fill up and see how much it takes to fill it. If the smell gets worse, or if there’s any drip marks under it, we’ll need to take it back. 

We had fun “window shopping” at the dealership. Looking at everything they have to offer. It’s nice to look when you know you aren’t going to buy.  Lol.  Plus, DH liked the Dodge Grand Caravan’s stowaway back seats. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Dodge Grand Caravan

That was my personal vehicle until we traded it for Miss B.  I really loved it and truly have missed it many, many times.  Didn't have to worry about winterizing it like we do Miss B (covering the roof top a/c etc.  They'll spoil you!

• Like 1

Yesterday while paying taxes and running around paying bills, our daylight was running out so we slipped into Taco Bell and to our delight, we got their "Beefy Frito Burrito" for $1 each.  They were very generously sized and we thoroughly enjoyed them...plus they gave us a senior discount so for both of us to eat (we drank water) it was less than $2!  How about that for a quick and cheap lunch?

• Like 3

Mmmm.  Dodge caravans.  Had a couple, loved them.  traded the last one in for the new Dodge Ram pickup.  The dealership was eager to get it, apparently they cant keep used ones on the lot - they sell as fast as they appear!  

• Like 3

Took a day trip to the big city, Half Price Books, Barns & Noble and a couple of other places.  Then home for leftover...Lasagna! LOL  Love my Corning Ware...I baked it yesterday for supper, then we had half a pan full, so I put a lid on it and into the frig.  Then into the microwave tonight.  Tasted just as good!  Hubby even had some tortilla chips with his!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Live PD is on........ later...... :happy0203:

Me too.  I enjoy watching the shenanigans.  Reminds me of the good old days, and I chuckle to see that human nature has not changed one whit.  And those last minute excuses STILL don't fool the cops, LOL.  

Just made reservations for my trip to FL in March! $99 each way. Plus $43 worth of taxes, of course. I'm so looking forward to going home and for just over half of the month, too! We just got new tablets so I won't have to take my laptop. We are trying to find one of DH's kids or grandkids to stay with him and help with cooking, etc. Of course, I will make meals and freeze in portions, but he still needs some help. Anyway, I am very excited and now comes the preparing and waiting!

Going to our Christmas Cantata at Church this evening,  I so love the singing!

• Like 2

I've been stumbling thru the past couple days.....TIRED!  :imoksmiley:  Feeding went ok tonite but whoooooeeee!  We're up in the 50's during the sunny day and dropping down near ZERO at nite.  The sun set at our exact location at 4:27PM tonite....while I was waiting for the truck to warm up.  Moments later the temperature dropped twenty degreeees.....or so it felt like!  I wore a face mask tonite!!!  :frozen: 

MtRider  ....got to go get the pellet stove running again.  Brrrrrrr!

Sigh. Nothing ever goes smoothly in my world. Always good news/bad news.

Good news is I passed the license test. Big relief.

Bad news is I couldn't get my license. I had license in Indy about 30 years ago before I moved to Ohio but I wasn't in their computer. It seems they purge the people every 10-15 years or so. To transfer license to Indiana you have to have been driving for at least a year. And because I had to renew my Ohio license in June, it looked like I had only been driving for six months. Now I have to go locally here and get a proof of my driving record...and pay for it and go back to Indiana with the proof to get my license. It can't be done online because I still have to take the vision test, resubmit the paperwork I had with me and get my picture taken. The test I took is good for three months so I'm fine there.

And, I couldn't apply for my homestead act deductions because...I don't have an Indiana drivers license yet. I have until the end of the year to get this all done. I left early Friday morning so I would have time to get both of those things (license and taxes) taken care of and ended up getting nothing accomplished. I'm hoping I can get the report at the license branch here and not have to wait until it's mailed. Son checked online but it isn't 'official' enough. Can't make this stuff up.

I had a lovely time over there but the trip kills my arthritis and I'm not looking forward to making it again so soon.

On a good note, I came home to a letter from Social Security saying we are getting a 2% raise in January. I'll take it. I need it.

• Sad 2

Not too much done today...needed to get some things put away which I did, but didn't get around to making the cranberry jam.  Son brought me several bags of cranberries a month or so ago and they're in the freezer.  Nobody like cranberries but me around here!  Anyway...I'll make some jam and maybe I can slip some of it over for a taste test to hubby? Knowing him he won't even try :rolleyes: it.  Weather was beautiful, almost 60 and sunny.  Tomorrow sunny but not quite as warm.  We'll take it! Hubby got a call from a regular that needs some work done on one of his properties...so he'll take care of that in the morning.  Addressed Christmas cards ....then...tomorrow off to the post office for stamps so I can mail cards out.  Sent lots of private message greetings to our FB friends.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

Sigh. Nothing ever goes smoothly in my world. Always good news/bad news.

Bad news is I couldn't get my license.

About the same thing happened to us when we first moved to Indiana, Jeepers. We couldn't get a drivers license until we could prove residency. We couldn't get a checking account until we had a drivers license. We couldn't get the utilities into our name without a checking account. We were renters and were horribly frustrated. DH thought I was going to strangle the bank clerk. She was not nice.   :grinning-smiley-044:  We finally mailed something to ourselves, so everyone thought we were within the legal limits, and all the paperwork went through.  :whistling:

When we moved back to Wisconsin two years ago, DMV found our driving records right away. They said "welcome home". It was one of my best moments, even though we live six months a year in a refrigerator climate.  :tapfoot:  This too shall pass for you. Just keep your BP down.  :hug3:

• Like 2

Wow, Jeepers and Homesteader.  I don't remember having that kind of trouble when we moved here from Hawaii.  Hope we don't have that trouble moving back.  Could use kids' address?  Or is it just IND. that is picky and illogical?  Well anyway, Jeepers....YOU PASSED! 

MtRider  ......  :offtobed:   ...could NOT go to sleep last nite.  Finally got almost 6 hrs.  Ugh!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1