MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

I got most of my errands done. I came out of Wal-Mart and it was pouring down rain. I mean torrents! I didn't know how long it would last so I just ran on out to the car. I had a cart full and everything was soaked by the time I got it all in the car. I still needed paint, gas and the library. But by the time I got to the car I was soaked. I even took my jacket off outside before I got in. It was that wet.

I was tired when I got home but I had to unload the Jeep because everything was soaked. I'll let it dry out then start packing it all back in. I did pick up two short ladders. They are soak and wet and in the back of the Jeep where they can stay. I'm already tired of hossing stuff around. It's thundering and pouring rain now.

It did make me think about having a coat rack of some sort, or just maybe pegs, in the garage to hang a wet/snowy coat. My wet coat is draped over the lawnmower now drying out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 3/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, Jeepers said:

having a coat rack

At the homestead, we have a baby crib rail that we bought several years ago.  I've got a honey-do for him to hang from the ceiling it in the mud/laundry room so I can just use it like a clothes/coat rack when we come in the back door. That room will have a new vinyl floor "someday" so it doesn't matter if something drips on it.  I can lay some heavy towels down under it to catch the drips.

• Like 3

Busy day.  This morning we all went to the homestead and hubby worked on the bathroom project while I sorted things that had been "dumped" into the kitchen and transferred them to the "bucket room" or upstairs to the various storage areas.  Sat outside on the swing for a bit, then used a plastic wrapped newspaper (they pitch them free) and played fetch with Abby-girl for awhile.  I started getting chilly so called it off, but she did get some exercise. 

Came home for lunch...then took the tarp off my "Miss B" so we can start driving it for day trips etc.  Took it to Casey's and aired up all 4 tires as well as the rear air shocks.  He also checked all the fluids.  Bought some "Flex" tape to fix some leaks above the windshield.  Took it to a glass repair place and they said they couldn't guarantee that they'd be able to lift the windshield without breaking it, and couldn't guarantee it wouldn't still leak (it's got some rust).:(  So...we'll do what we can.  The tape won't look that bad.  It'll be black like the rubber seal anyway.  Afterwards, hubby went back to homestead to finish a project he was working on. 

While he was away, I pulled all the bedding out of Miss B, rolled up the memory foam mattress inside a big moving blanket and placed it on the drivers side bench area.  Put the table up, so we're ready for a day trip tomorrow.  :thumbs:

We'll be able to sit comfortably and eat our lunch, and the bed is there "in an emergency"...should we'd need to stay over night for some reason. :)

Love my electric "hot pot"...we had a one pot meal for supper.  Makes it EZ on the cook and dishwasher! :cook:

Are we all getting spring fever? :cheer:

• Like 3
10 hours ago, The WE2's said:

Bought some "Flex" tape to fix some leaks above the windshield.  Took it to a glass repair place and they said they couldn't guarantee that they'd be able to lift the windshield without breaking it, and couldn't guarantee it wouldn't still leak (it's got some rust).:(  So...we'll do what we can.  The tape won't look that bad.  It'll be black like the rubber seal anyway. 

There are some incredible adhesives out there to fix just about anything. My dad was the originally 'goop' guy. He was amazed at the 3 choices they had back then. :laughkick: I don't think any glass company will guarantee vehicle glass breakage anymore. Don't let them scare you. They just want to get rid of ANY and ALL liability anymore. :whistling:

We have friends coming through from Somalia. We have to kid-proof the house today and tomorrow. I think I'll head down to the city and see what I can find for games and puzzles for the little men. It's too cold to go splashing in the mud down by the pond. No frogs. No snakes. No turtles. Boring time of year.  :scratchhead:

• Like 3

Loaded up in Miss B and took a day trip...:cheer: What a beautiful day to enjoy the outside.  Ate lunch in one of our "homes on wheels" and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Stopped at a rest area that has a "doggie comfort" field so hubby took our girl for a nice walk...and the other stuff...:whistling: Stopped at PetCo to see if we could find a spill-proof water bowl for her but no.  Ended up finding one at Camping World though. We had one we got for her when she was a puppy and she chewed holes in it.  She should be fine with this one now.  When we're in the travel trailer it's not an issue because she has a "rack" with her food pan and her water pan and we set them outside once we're camped. 

Got a call from a friend and she's having a welcome home party for our lady friend that will be returning home from Spain next month...with lots of stories!

Tomorrow hubby will put Miss B in the garage and lift the overhead a/c to install a new gasket.  Hopefully that will stop the leak there.  He'll also put on the flex tape while it's in there.

• Like 2

I got to Indy and spent a couple minutes with g'son and the rest of my big plans flew out the window.  :24:

We got the stuff from the Jeep carried in and the rest of the time was spent playing with 'you-know-who'. Not one thing got put away or cleaned or painted. Sigh. Don't get me wrong...it was my choice.

We discovered one of the toilets is leaking between the bowl and tank. Son can fix it. And the garage door wouldn't go all the way up this time for some reason. Son disconnected the sensor thing so the door worked but that will need to be fixed for safety reasons.

He also got the awning thing removed that got shredded in the wind storm a couple of weeks ago. It really looked trashy with that thing flapping in the breeze. Neighbors were probably wondering what kind of Yaw-Hoos they were going to be saddled with. I'm hoping there is a replacement available for it. I would like for the outside sitting area to last another year or more before I have to pay for a new deck etc. I'm thinking a deck and a pergola in a year or two? Would love a screened in back porch but $$$$.

D-I-L thinks she has scouted out a cheaper less expensive furniture store over there. Will check it out next trip.

• Like 3

Took our newly scheduled morning walk...even though it was only 35 outside ... Abby-girl didn't seem to mind the chill at all :frozen: We've made a commitment to walk three mornings a week...weather permitting.  Won't be able to do it during rain though.  Then hubby and I took my van over to the garage and got it lined up under the ceiling pulley so he can lift the overhead a/c up...so he can install the new gasket.  

• Like 1

Hubby started working on a client's project...repairing some drywall that previous workers slobbered around.  I watched Women's College Softball (I love this sport!) and got some laundry done.  Also unzipped Abby-girls softy bed, removed the liner, and washed the outside and tumbled the liner with some fabric softener sheets to "freshen" things up.  She only uses it in the winter time or when we're traveling we put it on the floor for her to sleep on.  Changed the sheet on her "youth mattress"...what a hoot!  Jeepers...you should have seen her.  The minute I put the mattress back down on the floor she flopped down on it before I could even put her snuggy pillow on it!  Should have had a video of that escapade! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL, would have loved to have seen that red head on her bed. :wub:

Nothing like clean sheets, huh Abby Girl. :offtobed:

I spent over an hour at the bank today. It seems like I lost misplaced my bank card. I wasn't too worried about it because I've been checking online the last week and there is no new activity on my account. Also it's not a debit card (my choice!). I can only use it at an ATM machine with a password and a $300.00 daily limit.

Anyway, they tried FOUR cards to get one to activate. Two tellers, a manager and customer service on the phone AND over an hour later they discovered their system must be down. Sigh. They said they would call me whenever the system was back up. I'll give them until Wednesday because you already know my luck. They won't call.

Then I went to the pharmacy and grocery store. Same place. One girl there kept denying me my list (two times) of meds I had paid for last year (for taxes) because I didn't have my drivers license. Oh yes, the dreaded Indiana license. I had the temporary paper but it was expired and I hadn't been to Indiana to pick up my permanent one. Son could have sent it to me but you know as well as I do that it would have been lost in the mail. A different girl was there and she printed out the list and didn't ask for any ID. Humm. Difficult girl was there at another register and said something to her and so then she asked to see my license. Oh no...Indiana and not Ohio! I explained I have two residences. I got a strange look but got the #$%^ paper. I must look shady.

Got some groceries. The cashier was chatty. She forgot how much change she was supposed to give the guy in front of me and had to check his receipt. And call the head cashier to open her drawer to get the change. She chatted me up too and I finally got out of there. A couple hours later I wanted a sammich. No bread and no bag. She forgot to give me one of my bags. So I guess she is doing pretty well for herself trying to keep the change and other peoples food. Well, not really but I had my chops set on that sandwich.

I wanted to go to Wal-Mart to get a copy of the receipt from when I got my last eye exam, again for taxes. It seems like I lost misplaced that too. Also my new glasses are too tight. My own fault. I kept telling her to make them tighter. She did. My head must have swolled up since then because I can barely get them on and they hurt my ears. But it was getting late and I wanted to get home and get at that sandwich... ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Got my glasses loosened up and they feel better. Also got my receipt for when I paid for the eye exam. It was 'only' $65.00 but I need all the help with taxes that I can get this year. I also got my prescription. I'll probably get some prescription sunglasses on line this summer. They are pretty cheap that way...I'm told.  :shrug:

I found a few other items that were missing from my grocery bag. I went over and told them and they gave me a refund of $9.00 +.  That was a pretty big chunk of change to me. She said she would give it to me as a courtesy.  Pffft. Courtesy? Really? Took my money and kept my food and they are going to do me a favor. I did have my receipt. I've been shopping there 28 years and never asked for a refund until now. I kept my cool though. Partly because I didn't realize it was close to $10.00.

Got my last script of generic Ambien. Finally all of my med refills have run out so in 3 months I can get everything filled on the same date. I say that every year but somehow it never works out.

I made a tax appointment online. I'm really getting good at this computer thing! Look out 20th century here I come.  :coffeescreen:

Two nights in a row I have been awakened with acid reflux burning a hole in my throat and gasping to swallow. They don't call it 'acid' for nothing. A rude way to wake up. I was going to pick up something at the store for it and forgot. I seem to only get it a couple of times a year. Thankfully.

Bank didn't call.

• Haha 1

Hubby finished up the work on his clients house that he wants to put on the market.  I went cob web hunting!  Where do those stupid things come from! Finished personal laundry...now need to take care of the bathroom linens.  Watched a couple of games of women's softball while doing my stuff.  Just finished (with help) changing our bed linens.  He does his side and I do mine...just quicker than me having to walk around the bed 6 or 8 times to get things on and the mattress straps attached.  Love that fella!

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, The WE2's said:

A friend of mine who was a nurse, told me to take "anti-gas" tabs for it...even for indigestion.  They work wonderfully!

My mom could use some of these. Do you have a name or brand that I could start my research. I don't know where to start.    :hug3:

Oh great!  Thanks We2. I have some of that. I was thinking about something like Prilosec or Prevacid or something else. I don't really know much about reflux meds.

Homesteader, I have Gas-X here.

Edited To Add:

I found some Tums and Pepto tablets here.  Something should work.

Edited by Jeepers
Added Info
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, Jeepers said:

thinking about something like

Buy the generic Ranitidine (sp?) ... I get a nice sized bottle and it's tons cheaper than Prolec etc.  It's an acid reducer.  I have several bottles put back just in case... The ones I buy are OTC so I don't need a prescription.

https://www.goodrx.com/ranitidine?kw=price&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ranitidine|e&utm_campaign=ranitidine&utm_content=Ad-Group_General&msclkid=96e2579bd7601fa92dfb0b0932160636

Edited by The WE2's
Corrected spelling.
  • Like 1

Not much.  Did make a run to Aldis for a bag of potatoes.  They have the smaller bags.  Sav-A-Lot is cheaper per pound, but it's a big bag and they often start sprouting before we get them all cooked up.  Besides, I like the big baking potato size...in the whole bag.  One of those works fine for our breakfast potatoes.  Aldis also has sweet potatoes...when I need them and SAL only carry's the normal white and yellow onions.  I don't like the purple.  To hot for either of our liking.  Went by library and checked out a couple of books for me and several for him.  Also downloaded some free kindle books onto my reader.  I delete the ones I've already read so I have plenty of room.  I do save the "how to" books etc.  Might need them in a pinch.

• Like 1

Safe & sound in TX. The wind was a bear, most of the way. MIL made corned beef & cabbage. St. Patrick’s Day meal. Numnumnum.... :yum3:

Watched the news....Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune, then, I turned it to House Hunters, cause I enjoy seeing what’s out there..  :D

Time to get some sleep, we are picking up a Lady, meeting with others, who will take us to the CoC meeting in the morning. 

• Like 3

I like those House Hunter shows too. I'm nosy, I like to see how other people decorate.

I like the home improvement/flipper/renovate ones too. Especially the First Time Flipper (I think that's what it's called) where just everyday people try to renovate. Some of them can be really funny. 

• Like 2

I went to get my taxes done today. She needs some info I didn't get. I came home and called. It was a stock merger that happened a loooong time ago. I sold the stocks to put down on the new house. No one knows the original purchase price partly because I didn't buy them. The were a spinoff from another company and dropped into my account. She will have to figure it out. I'm not sweating it. She will be responsible if I get audited again.  :pout:

This was the first time I've been out of my neighborhood since we had that big wind storm blow through. Oh My. There are still trees and parts of trees all over the place. A lot of damage I wasn't aware of.

I swung by Ollies Discount Store. They have so many books for cheap. I got 5 bags full for just over $40.00. They are really nice heavy children's books. One was "God Bless America" and another was "God Bless My School." :wub:

Bank didn't call about my replacement ATM card yet. I knew they wouldn't. It's too late to go in today. I'll be there tomorrow! Crimony, I'm running out of cash.

I forgot to say that I chewed a couple of Tums before bed the last two nights and didn't have any acid reflux. I also tried to stay elevated up on two pillows for as long as I was conscience. May have been a coincidence though? It doesn't happen very often.

Edited by Jeepers
Tums
  • Like 3

Went to Dad and Stepmum's for the "yard party" (raking and burning leaves) with rakes and lawn chairs in hand.  She cooked hot dogs with chips and brownies.  Hubby also measured her deck for new screening around the outside and under ... she hates spiders and snakes (don't we all!) ... and living around a lake they're plentiful.  Then figured out where the noxious smell in her laundry room was...it was sewer gas!  Hubby went under house and sure enough, when the plumbers ran new plumbing (after a freeze) they failed to put a trap in the line that runs from her washer to the sewer.  So, he'll get that taken care of also.  Probably going to do some bartering.  They have a nice sized air compressor that hubby would put to good use (it's older but works great) and a nice sized generator that we can surely put to use.  She says she can't pull it to get it started and is wanting to sell it ... or barter it.  Sounds good to us!  Then stopped by vet to pick up our girl's monthly meds for flea, tick and heartworm (wish we could find an alternative to the costly heart worm) and then to the doggie park for our girl to run, play and do some ramps.  Then home for pizza.

• Like 3

Picked up the Ladies and went to the Chamber meeting at their headquarters. All the Ladies brought something. Mom brought a big platter of cheese & fruit. The chamber of Commerce building is a round.  The center hallway was decorated with photos of the city, way back into the late 1800’s & early 1900’s. Horse drawn fire trucks and ambulances, hospitals that are now huge, historic buildings, still standing & maintained, but now are surrounded by modern buildings, famous historical people, wagon trains of battalions, and such. Sadly... the commerce is going to move to another building later this year. 

After droppin the Ladies off, Mom & I stayed home. She snacked on the remainder of the platter & I had the leftover corned beef. 

Today, on my ToDo list, is creating an extension trellis for Mom’s queens wreath, along the rock wall. Then, pull some of the weeds that are growing around the perimeter of her yard. I might, maybe, start preparing to re-install her sprinkler system, pulling & inspecting the hoses, etc.  We shall see how much I can do...

• Like 2