MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Yes.  On the water we just feel the tension evaporate.  Sitting and fishing keeps our blood pressure down, even when it is a simple catch & release day.  On our lake fishing is a passion for many....the locals brag that they are the fishing competition capitol....to my mind, that just makes fishing unnecessarily stressful.  We aren't competitive;.  I guess you kind of outgrow that stuff over the years.

• Like 5

Hi! I've been catching up on all of your lives in this section.

Had a great vacation/visit! But glad to be home! I did get out to the beach a couple of times. Did a lot of running around and visited so many friends and some family! My town has grown so much (too much)! And I met so many dogs! LOL Seems like every where I stayed and everyone I visited had at least one pup and most had two or more. I love dogs but most are older and with their shorter lives, I probably won't see them again on this side of life. Some of my family, the same. It was wonderful to see so many, though! I actually lost a pound on vacation, seems like all I ate was salads! I'm happy about that! It brings my total loss to 80 pounds so far and my BMI to 29.8. First time in memory it has been under 30!

Relaxed yesterday and today was off to Sunday School and Church and will go back tonight. Making cream cheese and jalapeno stuffed chicken breasts wrapped with turkey bacon and fresh cooked green beans for dinner.

Glad to see everyone again!

• Like 5

Hubby continued working on my Miss B.  I just have to keep telling myself "yes, he seems slow, but he wants it right and will settle for nothing less"...:grinning-smiley-044: What did I do?  Wifey stuff, like cooking breakfast & washing dishes, letting Abby out, fixing lunch and washing dishes, letting Abby out, fixing supper and washing dishes and letting Abby out...and watched more Women's College Softball.  Love that game!  Could have done some chores but...laundry day is Monday and Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Slow and steady wins the race huh, Mr. We2!  Last time I was in Indy son was on a roll teasing me. He said he had a new man all picked out for me. Without even thinking I said, "If he ain't handy I don't want him." LOL. Not is he gainfully employed, decent looking, Christian, clean, sober etc. Just Handy! It was all in fun because no way do I want a man in my life and the world knows it.  :24:

It was sort of slow today. THANKFULLY, my mail box wasn't broken. It was laying all the way over on the ground though. I don't know how that post keeps from breaking. It's still wiggly in the ground but I stomped all around it so it should hold.

I got my taxes all ready to be mailed. That was a heartbreaker. Darn. Then I got my two insurance bills signed up for auto pay. So now, all of my utility bills (2) and all of my insurance bills (2) will be auto paid. And the mortgage. When I get over there I'll do the same with my phone and internet bill. I think the only thing left will be the Jeep insurance and I just might do that one too. By signing up for auto pay on my supplemental plan, I'll save $2.00 a month. Plus stamps. I'll take it! Also If I get my meds at CVS (I think) or delivered to the house I'll save there too. This move is going to be so expensive so I'm nickel and diming anywhere I can.

I'm going to try the Amazon Fire Stick over there instead of cable to see if I like it. I rarely watch TV and If I can stream Youtube on the TV I'll be happy. Plus one less bill.

I've never had any bills auto paid except mortgage. But to tell you the truth, I've been forgetting about them and then I sit around wondering if I paid them. I have to get the checkbook register to make sure. Forgetting to pay bills isn't a good thing. Now I'm finally getting my ducks in a row and it feels pretty good. Or at least it will when they start the deductions in a month. I've also been misplacing things a lot too. I had a long list to take to Wal-Mart a week ago and got over there and forgot to take the list. I made the list right before I left the house and even printed it out. :sigh:

Hopefully, I can get another top kitchen cabinet cleaned out and packed up. I'm not sure what's worse, a Kitchen with not enough cabinet space or a kitchen with too much cabinet space that you keep filling up.

• Like 3

Samo samo...he's working on the van, I'm doing wifey...and laundry. Did whites yesterday, light colors today...work clothes & jeans tomorrow, then bath and bed linens.  Need to get some gumption up and jar up some pork and beans.  Got plenty of bean, just not plenty of gumption...:whistling:

• Like 2

glad to hear you are on the mend.  stomach flu is rotten.  

• Thanks 1

Drove to the "Roost" to pay water bill and change billing address to the homestead, stopped at post office to cancel mail delivery there also.  Then to the library to check out their book bag sale...nothing I was interested in.  Then home for lunch then off to Mennonite country.  Needed some bell pepper onion bags ( I put some in our hashbrowns at breakfast) and some other things we wanted for convenience.  Got everything vacuum sealed up into smaller portions and into the cooler to take to homestead's deep freezer, and then it was pizza for a quick supper.  Did get the rain catchment barrels hooked up.  They should be well flushed by now.  Didn't take the one we use in front and hook it up because I want it in a different place.  Needed the space it used to be in for my wild garden to expand.

By the way ladies...last summer we bought a Pizzazz Pizza cooker for 1$...and we absolutely love it.  I also have cooked fish and fries etc., on it.  As long as it's a no-drip food this puppy will cook it with no oil.  You just put your food on it and select whichever coil you want to heat from and set the timer.  The tray rotates so the food is cooked very eveninly.  Cost?  74$ new and this one was brand new.  The seller got it as a wedding gift and didn't want it!  

Presto® Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven- 03430 - image 1 of 2

• Like 3

Had my Wellness Doctor appt. yesterday and I am well! LOL Walked up to City Hall to pay water bill and then to Drugstore to turn in the one prescription I have. Visited with a friend from Church on the way home and then went to Bible Study last night. 

This morning, I took my Peanut Butter (pictured) to the vet for teeth cleaning. I would appreciate any prayers as I hate when she gets put under! Will pick up the prescription this afternoon before springing Peanut from the vet. Will rice a head of cauliflower to freeze and make a spaghetti pie for the guys. I will be having salmon and broccoli with a side salad.

Update--  Peanut is in recovery and doing well!  Will pick her up in half an hour.  Yay!  Cauliflower rice and spaghetti pie completed!  I'm pooped!

• Like 2

Rainy day.  Did rest of laundry...except bath linens.  I'll get to them.  They're safe in the their own hamper! :D Hubby worked on van again.  Progress.  Rain was timely...probably filled he rain barrels.  If they overflow it goes into the garden area and away from the house/basement.

• Like 2

Yesterday, trimmed the 3 beets, washed & soaked the greens, 2 1/2 gallons.  Made 5 quart bags of blanched greens. 

Finished our state taxes & mailed with the check. :yuk:  

Refilled the compost/mulch bin, which was emptied into the garden when I tilled it, with fresh grass trimmings, tomato trimmings, and chopped up woody beets. The hens got one beet with leftover greens on it, that were unfit for the pan. They enjoyed shredding it, looking for tiny snails, wood louse & other buggies. 

Went to the store, got everything on the list. DH didn’t tell me, until I got home, we needed dog food again. I should have figured, they devour 50 lbs. in 2 weeks. 

My my dearest is such a sweetheart. He got me 5 lbs. of mung beans!  Guess what I’m going to plant. :happy0203:  It’s a challenge to find bean sprouts around here. Only one store sells them, over 10 miles away, if they have them, and the small package is very expensive. Now, he can have stir fry anytime, as long as he tells me early enough to sprout them. :thumbs:

Sooo... as DH says... I didn’t do anything, just sat on the couch, eating bon bons & watching soap operas all day.....  :008Laughing:

• Haha 4

Ugh. I think I might be coming down with something. I was sick to my stomach twice last night. Pure acid. :gdtmi:

Now I'm just sore but still feel a little sick. I hate that feeling worse than anything. I didn't sleep a wink last night either. Hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing.  

On a happy note, Mick Jagger made it through his heart valve surgery with flying colors. Not bad for a 75 year old. Tour postponed until July. Just thought you all would be waiting with bated breath for the news. Y'all did know about the surgery...right?  :grinning-smiley-044:

:band:

Sorry to hear you're feeling ill again, Jeepers.  :(  :pray: 

Well I finally felt a bit better today.  Not sick but just my usual 'flattened'.  I've barely been outside on these sunny warm days.   Able to wash hair today FINALLY...and set up a load of laundry.  DH has been doing everything with little help.  Not a way to make progress on sorting/tossing/decluttering.  DH did some on his shelves a week or so ago.  But he's been doing almost all the cooking lately.  :sigh:      ...but hey, in some things, he cooks better than me.  :cook: 

NEWS:   If someone here ever sends an old fashioned house phone [not talking cell phone] through the washing machine or other deep water....take the thing out and immediately remove the battery.  DON'T accidentally push any buttons!  Drain and place it in a dry spot like near a heat register......for a month.  :whistling:    Just sayin' .  Once I finally remembered it was sitting there, I reassembled the parts....phone, battery, back of case. 

:balloons:   IT WORKS!    :balloons: 

:o   :amen:  :o  

YMMV  :shrug:

MtRider  ....very glad to have two handsets again. 

• Like 2

Busy day...picked up some final sealing compound for van's shroud at Menards.  De-winterized the travel trailer.  Hooking up water from house and flushing all the faucets, toilet and shower head, and just opened the grey tank valve and just let it out on the ground.  Won't hurt anything.  Then filled the fresh water tank and let it drain also.  Planning a short trip to meet some friends about a week from now and needed to flush all the RV anti-freeze out of the pipes and fresh water tank.  We'll fill the fresh water a day before we plan to leave.  I don't like using "strange" water from campgrounds.  We received a "sour tank" several years ago when we had our little 16' TT and then once 3 years ago in this one...from pulling water into our fresh water tank from a campground.  We can hook up to sites that have water hookups, no problem...but NOT into our holding tank.  Gave the shroud over the propane tanks a good scrubbing.  They get to looking pretty bad when they sit all winter.  Then friend called and gave us a patio table with 4 chairs.  Not heavy duty but we put it in the garden area.  It will look real nice there.  I went ahead and put the cushions on so they can rinse off (if we get some rain).  The set is only a year old so it really looks pretty good sitting out there in the yard.  No umbrella...don't need one out there.  Then it was finally back home.  

• Like 2

Feeling just a tad better today. I feel waterlogged in the stomach area. I've been sick more in the past 12 months than I can ever remember. Plus it takes me longer and longer to bounce back. Nature of the beast I guess. Just glad I have plenty of soups, crackers, canned fruit and sodas here so I don't have to go shopping. 

I think caffeine is giving me a sour stomach too. I had a bottle of mocha frappiccino (sp) and later in the evening some iced tea and it really upset my stomach. I also think coffee and tea near bedtime gives me acid reflux. I could be very mistaken on both accounts though. It could just be the bug I have. 

Congrats on the outdoor set We2. Lucky Ducky. I have zero outdoor furniture. No problem since the wind ripped off the awning over the deck. :rolleyes:   Still not even a stick  inside the new house yet.

Glad you're wandering you way out of not feeling good Jeepers.  Sometimes it's just pure old anxiety that sets a person's feeling of wellness "off".  Even last night I indulged in some Valerian caps and got a wonderful and sound night's sleep.  So many things on our plate that it was catching up with me and I found myself shallow breathing and not chewing my food like I should and not drinking my usual quart a day of water. 

What did we do today?  Paid some bills...ugh...but their done.  Then went to our local Sutherland's because they were having a sale on all their trees, shrubs (50% off).  Checked WM prices and Sutherland's was really putting the screws to people, making them think they were getting a bargain...and the sale price was the regular price at WM for apple trees etc.  I did get my pansy's, begonia's etc. for 79cents for a pot of 4 of each kind.  Picked up some potting soil at WM and then back to the homestead.  Hubby put my "rail hanging" iron racks on the west side of the porch rail.  I put my long pots in two of them, and was able to get 4 of each plants in each (=8) and then used regular clay pots in the last one.  Also put out my shepherd hooks on the east side where my wild garden is, as well as some additional hanging baskets.  I'll sprout some of my flower seeds shortly and see if I can get these other pots planted.  I want to "feed the bees and hummy's" this year.  Hubby changed out the camera card on our security camera and scrubbed down the propane tank shroud on our TT.  Then we went to friend's garage and I watched as he put the first coat of roof sealant on the a/c shroud.  PTL...that thing looks almost new!  He went back just before supper and put on the last coat.  Progress!  Once I get my wheels back I can come and go at the homestead as I want while he's back to work on the bathroom project.  

• Like 1

I'm sure you are right about the anxiety part too We2. I don't often show it, but sometimes I feel like I'm being swallowed up from being overwhelmed. Always swimming upstream, yanno. I get plenty of gripes but no help from the gripers. Partly my own fault for not asking for help I suppose. Next year WILL be better. 

I always used to know exactly what to do and could get it done. Now I can do the major things but get stuck on the little details. Even my lists aren't helping now.

I need to get back into the habit of doing at least six things a day. Even little things like hanging up a coat. Just six things get me in the mood to do more.

I think low energy is an issue too. Where the heck did that go to?

Pffft, I get needy when I'm sick. Maybe next week I can go to Amish country and get three or five little sticks of furniture for the Indy house. Kid size table and chairs. It's a start.

• Like 1

Hang in there Jeepers!  Maybe you don't need to do SIX things every day.  Maybe you just need to prioritize ONE major chore/event and start with that before your energy level takes a nose dive.  I had to take a short nap myself about pm after supper.

• Thanks 1

Had hubby drop me off at the homestead while he went to work some more on the van.  I got some seeds planted for lettuce, radishes, carrots, and more flowers.  I know, I know, I just couldn't help myself...getting my hands in the soil! LOL  Maybe they'll come up and produce in these hanging pots, maybe not.  I've had the seeds for about 5 years! LOL  Also  hung my humming bird feeders and hooked up my small rain barrel.  I catch the rain from that spot to water my wild garden and front porch rail plants.  My Mason Bee Houses have several tubes that are full.  Hoping they'll hatch out soon. Then it was home for supper and I was wrung out!  Took a short nap and felt better, but still tired.  Thyroid sometimes just wants to act up and go into fatigue mode for a short time.  Was going to take pic of the little patio set we put in the garden area as well as the hummy feeders...but forgot.  You know how those things go.  

101_1028 Mason Bee Houses.jpg

101_1029 Pink Petunias.jpg

101_1030 Bergundy Petunias.jpg

101_1031 Begonias and Impatience.jpg

101_1032 Lettuc.jpg

101_1033 Flowers.jpg

101_1034 radishes & tomatoes.jpg

101_1035 A tray of carrots & tray of flowers.jpg

101_1036 Rain barrel east side.jpg

• Like 2