MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

Sheeesh, I'm disoriented today.  Keep forgetting things. 

Jeepers, you might be able to take exercise ball to a bicycle place.....or an O.T. place to fill?  Those are  [well the one I have is] very heavy rubber material.  It takes strong pump to inflate.  It's not like vehicle tires of course, but I wouldn't try a hand pump.  If you're careful, you could use the ones where you put in dollars for air.  Pushing on it should tell you how much air ......or do the directions have a PPI designation? 

I have a ....bar bell sort of shape instead of the round ball.  More stable....to imitate horse riding if I sit astride the thing.  Haven't used here...no room for it.  Up in attic area.  But....it might be something I could use now that I'm getting old[er].  :rolleyes:   Sit next to something soft [like couch] that you can brace yourself for balance .....don't want another Jeepers ooops.  :grinning-smiley-044:      :hug3:

MtRider  :pc_coffee:  

• Like 1

Oh you know I'm going to end up on the floor numerous times. Just hope I go off to the side and not head first. 

I think I'll take it to Indy and let son air it up. He has a small air compressor. If that is too strong...he has muscles. I'd like to use it here but, whatever. I see a lot of pregnant women gently bouncing on them too. 

• Like 1
On 5/7/2019 at 7:41 AM, TheCG said:

It's occurred to me that all my joints are acting funny here the last few days, not just my wrists.  They're just the worst.  I'm guessing it's because I've been eating too much crap lately...

Tried turmeric?

We have a couple of those "bouncy" balls...one has never been inflated...the other has been for 10 years and hasn't lost any of the air that we know of.  It's at the Roost...LOL...lot of good it does there!  Just no room here.  Today...got around to washing and labeling the Vidalia onions and got another batch done today.  Had one that I just cut up and put in storage container in frig to use raw.  Picked up the new to me Air Fryer a couple of days ago and finally got around to using it today for fry-chips for our supper.  Loved them!  Sliced the 'taters and put them in a bowl.  Added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, some garlic powder, some onion powder, some Basil and some Smoked Paprika...20 minutes later they were done to perfection as far as we were concerned!  Hubby finished up the electrical work on the client's rental and is now working on re-stringing the fence, putting in a new floor in the shed and some other odds and ends.  

101_1074 New Air Fryer 5-8-19.jpg

101_1075 Potato Chips from air fryer.jpg

Edited by The WE2's
...Black appliances show every tiny little splash of water if not dried absolutely! Uggghhhhh.
  • Like 5

Yesterday was a very long day.  The military memorial service was so nice.  When the color guard knelt at stepmum's feet, placed the flag and a medallion in her lap and said "On behalf of the President of the United States"...I nearly lost it completely.  They also gave her the brass from the gun salute.  The siblings and some of their children & grandchildren as well as us, went to a nice mexican restaurant and had a nice meal together.  I'm the oldest and the shortest!  Stepmum couldn't come with us, she was riding with her brother who doesn't drive very well and it was stormy.  We'll go see her before long.  When we got home I was having a major "banana split" craving, so we stopped at Aldis and picked up some ice cream.  Love bananas, strawberries, vanilla bean ice cream, caramel and peanuts!  

101_1073  Dad's Memorial-when we came home.jpg

101_1062  Dad's Memorial.JPG

101_1069  Dad's Memorial.JPG

• Like 4

Feeling relief!  :cheer:Insurance agent called and said "I don't know why I didn't know this, but you can have the 2nd house insured as a "vacation" home"!  No change in coverage, no change in premium.  They wanted an estimated date for the re-lo into the homestead so we set it at end of July.  Praying (won't you join me?) that the bathroom is complete and nothing else hinders us from moving on over! :pray:

• Like 4

Prayers for a smooth move! :pray:

Your pictures are lovely. :hug3:

I lost it when they played Taps at my B-I-L service. I have one of his bullet casings too.Also the round metal US pin they wore in the army. I think on their dress hat. I still have my F-I-L and my grandpa's dog tags.Sigh. Oh, and my D-ex pin on name tag from the Air Force.I guess X didn't want any of it. Maybe my son will some day. :sigh:

I need one of those triangle boxes to display my grandpa's flag in. Sheesh, I sound sentimental but I'm really not. 

• Like 5

Flags, taps...  :sad-smiley-012:BTDT several times. Lost it every time. 

Hey, I got lost this morning. A detour to get on I-10 took me 3 miles backtracking, then I didn’t see the road I was supposed to turn on, drove at least another mile, if not more, before realizing it, made a U turn and missed the road a second time, U turn and started trying to find a detour sign... had to be the smallest sign I’ve ever seen!  

Then, again, it was 4 am and dark.....  :grinning-smiley-044:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Oye, Annarchy.  You didn't need that! 

I about lost it reading your post, WE2.  :(   but :amen:     .....and :sigh:  Nice to have family to share these times....and good times.

Gooood news about the 2nd house insurance.  :amen: 

Welllllll......   Got more $$$ added to the car bill.  :behindsofa:    Mechanic found oil where it ought not be....meaning a lot more to replace.....AND PAY FOR.  That bill is SIZZLING by now.  If that's the end of it for a while, it's worth it.  And we have no other choice.....soooooo...  Mebbe tomorrow we'll have the car back.  So glad we canceled doing the car .....the day before my surgery.  :0327:   It wouldn't have been ready..   :amen:   HE had us covered.....cuz I didn't feel comfortable at all and asked DH to change the day.  

I have no idea how much snow ....yes, that's SNOW....has stuck but it's been SNOWING since afternoon.  May....SNOW.....Springtime in the Rockies.  :shrug: 

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Like 3

Oh my, Jeepers, that’s happened to me too, in the past. 

Funny, MIL has a small throw pillow on my bed, that says, “Let it Snow”. That song was running through my mind all day...  sorry Mt_Rider. :hug3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you waited on the car repair too. You would have been worrying about it the whole time when you needed to concentrate on yourself. Mine is getting older too 2005 so I can expect expensive repairs to pop up before long.

Annarchy, are you able to stay at your MIL house or are you in a hotel? I'm sure you being there has lifted her spirits a lot.

I'm getting ready to go to the fruit/veggie market. The last fruit I got at the grocery store was beyond awful. I should have known better but it "looked" so good. Uh-huh. 

Then a stop at Old Time Pottery...finally.  Maybe they will have a growing container I'm looking for. I've looked every place else except Petsmart. Only because I haven't passed by one yet. I get something in my mind then not satisfied til I find it. :rolleyes:

It looks like storms are going to start moving in today. We sure don't need more rain. I'd better get a move on. 

• Like 2

If I could figure out how to post a pic...I would.  Woke to 5" of snow.....and that's what stuck on the ground!  :o   Not so unusual for us in mid-May.  But still.....it's been so warm this year.  The road/driveway is already melted.  That sloggy spot on the road is causing folks to SLOW WAY DOWN or loose their exhaust pipe again.  Harsh Springtime for vehicles this year.  Glad ours will have brand new suspension system.  Quit making me nauseous - even sitting in back seat.  But wow, costing us a hefty portion of this year's 'extra buffer'.  Well, God always provides and we do have it right now to ransom the car.  :buttercup:  

.......awk!  Looked out window and ....it's snowing again.  Haven't seen the sun in a couple days.  Oh well.  Colorado motto:  We Need The Moisture! 

MtRider tosses a snowball at Annarchy and her tunes!  * * * ....Koa LOVES snow, btw.  :sHa_sarcasticlol:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Jeepers said:

boxes to display

Step Mum says a man in her church is making one for her...may have a drawer for the shell casings etc.?  Anyway...what a wonderful gift to her.

4 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

God always provides

He is so faithful!  We sometimes are at the very edge of the line of not having a need made and then He pops up with some work for hubby.  Found out one of the back tires on the truck is what's causing the vibration below 40 mph.  So...it's a new set for the back (can't afford the front yet)...and hubby's been getting in some good hours so we'll have the dollars.  The flourist called (at the last minute) and wanted us to help deliver flowers.  We declined (for the first time since we started).  Last time it was utter chaos and one their "helpers" thought she'd give me a chewing for something she did.  She found out this old heifer can get just as snippy!  Anyway...told hubby I just didn't want to do it this time.  Especially since he is working on a client's project that pays a lot more and I don't have to help!  

• Like 2

Dreary day...no rain, just dreary.  Hubby worked.  He's cleaning mildew off the clients plastic fencing and then when the weather dries up, he can paint the post that it's connected to...white to match the plastic (vinyl?). Jarred up another batch of potatoes.  Had one not seal...so it's destined for potato salad!

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying the air fryer!  I made us a breakfast omelet this morning (just a bit of olive oil spray in the bottom) and then made some cake cookies later in the morning.  Used some granola instead of oats, added some raisins and they're really yummy!  Wanna see?

101_1076 Breakfast Omelet from Air Fryer.jpg

101_1077 Cake Cookies from air fryer.jpg

• Like 3

We really like the air fryer too.  We have oil spray bottles, and it’s awesome!  

Tired. Another long day. I need to read the Golden Years thread, sorry I’ve been too busy with MIL. 

Cold front moving in, lots of wind. Last night I opened my window, dosed off, to wake up abruptly to the strong smell of skunk!  Shut the window but didn’t open the door cause it was so strong. Covered my head under the pillow & crashed. 

Took off & got Mom’s grocery list. Ran into a Lady from the CoC & updated her on our progress. She’ll call mom later for the update on the CoC meeting we missed. 

IDK when I’ll get to go home...so much going on...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jarred up another batch of potatoes.  Had one failure in this batch too.  I think I must have lost the knack of "finger" tight?  Oh well, I've got 3 jars now in the frig for "something".  LOL  Hubby worked again on clients fence.  Having no rain has helped him get much more done on that project, but it's supposed to rain tonight and in the morning.  We'll see.  A friend is camping near us and wants us to come sit for a spell.  Might do that tomorrow afternoon...if it's not rainy and wet.  Can't take Abby-girl out in the elements and have her go in somebody's camper with wet feet and fur and give herself a shake :ashamed0002: Our friend nor her other guests would appreciate that.  Plus, our girl gets "really" excited when she's around other people she knows and that tail can be hazardous! :( And...not all people (her guests) are doggie lovers???  Had fries, chicken tenders and pork-n-beans for suppler with peaches over ice cream for dessert.  Now it's just about time to grab my reader and hop into bed.  The dishes are rinsed off and can wait. :whistling:

We had an awful day.  The MS-in-Post-Surgery mode chose today to go crazy.  :cheeky-smiley-067:  Almost BUZZING thru my body and feels horrid.  Jittery like .....I don't know what.  Like descriptions of folks coming off drink/drugs???  Dunno how that feels but this is    :yuk:      Emotions crashing all over the place. 

It's been a long haul since last Friday and it's disasters.  But the latest disasters are about our vehicles.  I tried to take the old truck out of 4-wheel tonite [after all this SNOW ....DH put it in 4 wheel to get up driveway last nite].  On the old models, have to unlock the front axle hubs and also move the stick on the floor from 2 or 4 wheel.  The stick on the floor WOULD NOT MOVE.  I walked down to put ducks inside for the nite.  Walked up.   Afraid of what might be wrong.....or .....DH might go out tomorrow and the idiot truck might cooperate nicely with him.  :buttercup:  

DH was in town tonite with our newly-restored main car.  And something is wrong with that too.  [I'm so mixed up....I'm not sure if I told this or not???? ]

When I drove the car home from shop yesterday, we chose to take highway cuz these roads are so sogged, they are like slick pudding.  That's rare here!  The back way is all unpaved/mud.  But going 50 with the wipers screeching and flapping across my vision and snow pouring down.....  :sassing:  DRAINED my energy!  WAY too much stimulation to my damaged nervous system.   Set up MS meltdown tho I managed to get home following DH driving my truck.  Don't think I'll ever drive highway speeds again if I need to use wipers.  Like driving a stake into my head....nearly physically painful.  

I drove car up our driveway and rolled into 2 MINOR holes.  Couple inches of dirt lifted up and the 1 inch "hole" in front of that.  Maximum 3" difference between bump and hole.  But there was a very LOUD/SUDDEN retort sound when car went over that...... BAM!    Scared the livin' daylites outta me...and then it did it again at the other bump.  What in the world is THAT?  Car has never done that.  Should NOT do that bringing it home with all new suspension parts!!!!!   Did it again this morning when DH drove it....so he knew what I was describing.  Like it's bottoming out.  ODD thing....he drove it to town and all around and ...nothing.  :scratchhead:  So on Tuesday....we take it back in.  How do you describe what is no longer happening?  Sounded like he forgot one of the shocks....but it didn't do it after that? ....  I HATE MYSTERIES! 

So aftermath was bad today.  All that had driven my system into that UNcomfortable level.  A sort of 'itch' that you can't scratch.  Only more like a sonic squeal of a jet....that you can't hear, but feel.  I tried not to do anything....until I encountered the stuck stick in my truck.  :gaah:  Awful day!!

Pray my system calms down cuz I realllly want to take my mom to restaurant....a quieter one where we can go at 2pm ....after the crowd.

MtRider  :offtobed: 

• Sad 4

:pray:

FedEx showed up at the door, hands mom 2 boxes, mom tells him, “No, no, I don’t want these.”, turns to me and says, “Ann.” I quickly got up, to see her try to give the boxes back to the man.  He turned around, rushed back to his truck with his hands in the air.  We had to laugh.... the boxes were DirecTV genies.  The first tech that fixed the burnt line had ordered them, but the 2nd tech had fixed the problem, mom called DTV and they are sending return labels. Then... UPS showed up, yes really... with another genie!  She called them again and they said take it to a UPS store & they’d take it and return it. Have you ever tried to “talk” to DTV?  I despise their automated service.  Just to get the first tech here, I was on hold 10 minutes after the recording said 1 minute wait time, before I gave up & tried again, then held 1/2 hour before giving up, then was on hold just about an hour before finally getting someone to talk to, who transferred me to 2 other people, (because AT&T & DTV don’t work together), total time, 2 hours. I can still see that poor FedEx guy rushing towards his truck with his hands in the air.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Does anyone else in this world but us recognize that the Titanic has sunk?  We're all at the bottom of an ocean of INSANITY!  :sassing:   Whew, Annarchy!

Goooood News  :amen:  DH tried to get truck's stick on floor to move.  Changed hub locks.  Rolled forward.  I had an idea and hollered down:  Try putting it in neutral.  It worked.  THEN we discovered what happened.  Of COURSE it's DH's fault!  :sHa_sarcasticlol:  He'd forgotten NOT to ever put it into 4-Low.  When my dad gave me this old vehicle [that he'd kept in prisine condition] he told me not to...."it doesn't work".   We still don't know what "doesn't work" entails but DH is reminded again not to do that ....and we have the reason for it to have acted wrong.  Stay in 2 Hi and 4 Hi.  They work fine.  Thank YOU, God!!!!  One stress off the system!

Car hasn't SLAMMED again....DH avoided hitting either of the two spin-out spots this morning.  :shakinghead:   Weird....too weird!  Badly wanna know WHAT...WHY!!!

My system is still BUZZING.  I'm trying to keep all calm and let it rest.  Eventually this stops.  This is why I try to live life rather blandly.  Ya don't wanna get this MS Overload Backwash started. 

MtRider   .....   :bev:   B)     .....yeah, cruisin' in the SUNSHINE  :thumbs:  

• Like 5

Went to the county extension's plant sale.  Got several items from my list, including cracker rose, florida cranberry, echinacea, lemon balm, and some monarda.  Also lucked into a tiny arrowroot plant for a buck.  Arrowroot freezes to the ground here, but normally survives to resprout in the spring--and it is definitely stealth food.  All of the items were at great, great prices.  

They did not have chaste tree or yaupon.  Went to a garden center having it's 50th anniversary sale and got chaste tree for a reasonable price but refused to pay $212 for an overgrown yaupon.

Got home and discovered that the sprinkler is not hooked up to the hose, and so the baby plants that were up-potted last week did not get sprinkled on.  They had been baking with rain alone for water during the past week.  Most are probably going to live, but it's frustrating.  Also, I could neither get the hose that's attached to the sprinkler off the sprinkler nor get the hose that's attached to the faucet off the faucet.  Made me remember one of the guys telling me about this problem before, but I forgot.  I HATE forgetting.

Anyhow, I now have the makings of a couple of herb gardens, one under the chaste tree and one under the ... I haven't decided.  Maybe the bay leaf tree.  I guess one of the gardens should be designed for low water need, because where it has to go will need to rely on rainwater alone.  That area supports a thriving patch of plantain already.  The other area i within reach of a sprinkler.

• Like 2

Ambergris, get some Teflon tape for the male connections. I’ve never had a problem separating connections, since I began using it on all water repairs. 

Mt_Rider, glad you got the 4x4 figured out. 

• Thanks 1

I take a chaste tree product for menopause.  I looked it up -- pretty! 

And "forgetting" is becoming an Olympic sport around our house.  :motz_6:

=============

Chaste tree has been used to treat menstrual cycle problems and pain, premenstrual syndrome, and menopause. ... Chaste tree is claimed to help treat painful breasts (mastodynia). In European herbalism and medicine, vitex extracts are used for uterine fibroid cysts. They help boost breast milk supply in new mothers.

=============

....this didn't post yesterday [Sat.] ???   but is ready to post now [Sun.]  ........  [so Saturday] was much calmer with only a few shakes and several blank-brain moments.  Improvement....  :buttercup: 

Today..Sunday... we made it out to eat with my mom but it was a STRAIN and we canceled further plans to galavant around.  We'll take her out again next week.   

MtRider ....likely I didn't hit "Submit Reply"

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1