MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Agressive breed dogs...I just don't like them! Sorry people, but facts are facts. Had a pit-mix go for Abby-girl at the dog park once but she was big enough (85#) and strong enough (frisbie playing is good!) that she just hackled up, raised and turned her head away from him, so all he got was a tuft of hair on her hip. Didn't break the skin. The owner's also grabbed him up by his collar and jerked him away while yelling at him. We ask them to leave or we'd call the authorities. We haven't seen them come back. All the other dog owners thanked us for confronting them. The sign specifically says "no agressive breed dogs or dogs in season allowed in the park". If we get to the park and there's a male that's not been neutured, we don't go in because they only have one thing on their mind and Abby-girl gets a bit agressive herself "protecting her twinkie"...LOL But...Kappy, it's a sad situation when the park owners won't accept responsibility either.

Walking dogs without a leash is not safe!

Someone was walking an untrained,unleashed pit past here.

Let or rather dog going where it wanted , it got in our yard. Joy was on the porch but flew out there and barreled into the dog. Owner was incensed! Dog fled and owner had to go after.

People around here do not like their dogs messed with even if they are in the wrong!!! Therefore Joy is not well liked and I had a shot fired over my head!

Sheeesh......our road is flat. That's highly desirable for walking people and their dogs. Seen a lot. Haven't seen the idiot that I've had encounters with for a long time. Mebbe he moved? :)

Be careful out there, y'all. ......Hate to mention but, just keep in mind Post-Hooey situation of dogs being abandoned/starving. WE might look like "prey" to a pack of them!

MtRider ...shiny outside again today. :hapydancsmil: Snow nearly all melted...except deep inside the pines.

It's still on the cool side here. I think it got up to 60. We had so much rain last week and it's supposed to rain again tomorrow and continue through the weekend. I had a small window to mow the grass so I took it. It was really too wet to mow but it couldn't wait another week. It really grows fast this time of year. I had to mow around a couple of low spots that had some standing water.

DH remembered where I had stashed our shorty wet suits. :thumbs: I finished up prepping our gear and he asked me to drive. As we arrived at our 'spot', we saw a Bobcat !!! running across the road toward the river. It had to be about the size of a large shepherd. Couldn't get the camera out soon enough before it disappeared in the brush.

DH tried to carry his pack and I ended up having to take it. We fished for a bit, then, I grabbed my gear and checked the area where we sit. The water visibility was about 3-5 foot. Not bad. I found, 2 t-shirts, an interesting unique bungie cord, a power aid and a Gatorade, and one pair of sunglasses that were in the water too long. I saw some good sized buffalo carp, around 50 desert suckers, a few small bass, and made a mental note where the weeds are beginning to overtake the river. After swimming around an hour, the walk back in the 90 degree sun, was a relief to the hypothermia I was feeling in my feet and fingers.

When I got back to our spot, DH had caught a trout. Then, to my delight, 2 wild horses came down to eat the reeds and get some water. A couple of kayakers stopped and fished a while. They caught two and gave them to DH. When we got home, I barbecued/smoked them. Mmmmm.

Today, has been catching up on paperwork and recovering from getting too much sun. I forgot to re-apply my sunscreen.

Nice sunny day but the temp didn't get too high. Step-mother called and said Dad took a bad fall and they were at hospital so MrWE2 called customer and said he's be late because we've only got one vehicle right now and he needed to take me to hospital. Dad's got a fractures L1? anyway at 89 it's never good to fall or fracture anything :-( So we spent some time up there with them. They'll be keeping him for a couple of days for observation.

Sounds like a delightful day, Annarchy. Bobcat? LOL They must be showing themselves right now. 90 degrees? Oye!

It did get up to 60 here today but now the sun and clouds are playing hide/seek.

MtRider ...hope I'm ABLE to get ON my weather pages and see what is coming up next in our area. :pc_coffee:

Annarchy, size of a large shepherd, that was a cougar, bobcats are not that big. About 30 lbs or so , not more than 40. Other larger predator feline would be a lynx, and we have Canadian Lynx's showing in the region, they are a bit bigger than bobcats and coloring is different .

As a cougar, thats a teenager size for a cougar too. But still enough to have quite a fight on your hands if they are aggressive. Better to holler and scare them off any how.

Sass...that's what I thot too about bobcats. But Annarchy just posted a link for me and my bobby. The data states there are different types and colors of bobcats and they can get larger than I had known about. 'Twas a great comfort to know that our orange kitty was of the skittish bobcat version and not a young cougar. Whew!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat

The adult bobcat is 47.5 to 125 cm (18.7 to 49.2 in) long from the head to the base of the tail, averaging 82.7 cm (32.6 in); the stubby tail adds 9 to 20 cm (3.5 to 7.9 in)[13] and its "bobbed" appearance gives the species its name.[17][18][19][20] An adult stands about 30 to 60 cm (12 to 24 in) at the shoulders.[11][21] Adult males can range in weight from 6.4 to 18.3 kg (14 to 40 lb), with an average of 9.6 kg (21 lb); females at 4 to 15.3 kg (8.8 to 33.7 lb), with an average of 6.8 kg (15 lb).[22][23] The largest bobcat accurately measured on record weighed 22.2 kg (49 lb), although unverified reports have them reaching 27 kg (60 lb).[24] Furthermore, a June 20, 2012 report of a New Hampshire roadkill specimen listed the animal's weight at 27 kg (60 lb).[25] The largest-bodied bobcats are from eastern Canada and northern New England of the subspecies (L. r. gigas), while the smallest are from the southeastern subspecies (L. r. floridanus), particularly those in the southern Appalachians.[26] The bobcat is muscular, and its hind legs are longer than its front legs, giving it a bobbing gait. At birth, it weighs 0.6 to 0.75 lb (270 to 340 g) and is about 10 in (25 cm) in length. By its first birthday, it will reach about 10 lb (4.5 kg).[15]

Wow, Annarchy! That is HOT! We got up to 60 degrees today, even with some clouds passing thru. Didn't rain on my project. :amen:

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Yes indeed, our thermometer is in the shade. :blink: They say we are going to start to cool down. 99* today?

We have cooked an egg. Takes around 5 minutes to get to sunny side up. I never use my dehydrator in the summer. The sun is quick and free. hahaha

I always feel for you all, when you talk about your winter temps.... yikes! IDK if I could handle the cold being a desert native....

I couldn't believe it got down to 44 this am...May in Alabama? I'll take it though. Soon I will be a solid mass of sweat for a few months.

DH is putting a hitch/carrier on the car so it will be easier to transport our shared scooter. Whoever is having the worst day gets to use it..lol. It is taking him a while to do it, he is just slowing down so much physically. It is still saving us about 50$ by doing it himself so it is worth it.

My sister is back in the hospital. The drugs she has to take are causing so many side effects. They don't expect her to last much longer. I am trying to arrange a trip next month to take the grands with me to go see her. It is a long trip to Florida.

WE2 I hope your Dad recovers well. Dear MIL started falling regularly at 89. Most women have weak bones by then. She was a toughie though!

UP to 58 and climbing to mid 60s finally..... really doesn't normally stay this range for very long. This is just a weird winter and spring I am thinking for the north. It IS nice and sunny today, or sort of, at least the sky is blue ? That always makes me feel better in general.

Even though it's been in the 80's here we've not had to turn on the a/c. Good! We have some ceiling fans and a kitchen window fan that seem to keep us comfortable for the time being.

SUMMER is here. [we really don't do "spring"]. Rain.....a clear, liquid form of H2O. Is nearly always accompanied by lots and lots of lightning and thunder ....in Colorado. Also very frequently shuts off the power. Sometimes it only blinks and shuts off all the clocks. <_< Other times.....as in: If you're counting after power goes off and you get to 30 seconds....it's probably gonna stay off for a while. :yar: One ABSOLUTELY MUST UNPLUG computers, and other electronic devices. Or just unplug everything to be safe. At 9,000' .....we ARE the storm.

Well, for the second day in a row, I'm resetting all the clocks. Sometimes I set them 3X in a single day. Had to be quick about shower....then wait thru a storm cell ....then be quick about drying hair.

Had white, poufy graupel balls come bouncing to cover the ground X3 today too. [think: Styrofoam hail]

Ducks had a happy day. :hapydancsmil: Goat...not so much. :grinning-smiley-044: Koa didn't notice.

MtRider ....YUP....this was summer weather in the Rockies; finishing off with below freezing temps tonite. :rolleyes:

Rain ran us out of our garden work, but that's okay! The garden beds are loving the moisture! It's been raining off and on all afternoon and so far this evening. Supposed to continue for the next 3 or 4 days. MrWE2 is working on another job site but it's inside so he won't be out in it. Hopefully it won't require any drywall work because when it's humid it takes a long time for the mud to dry, even though he uses a high powered fan.This new job means we can sleep in, doesn't have to be there until 10:00 am! The customer doesn't like to get up early either! LOL