MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rained pretty much off and on all day, so no work in the garden this evening. Man called that we bought our last load of storage buckets from and he's got more ($1.50 each) so we'll go over tomorrow evening and pick them up. They're food grade (has icing in them) but we'll need to wash and sanitize them before we use them for anything.

Raining off and on, I her the raincrow (yellow billed cuvkoo) calling and I do believe we will more rain.

I saw the dove's nest yesterday. It is so shallow I could see an egg by standing on my tiptoes. They have nested in that area ever since I moved here.

Rain most of the morning here. Cleared shortly after noon but ground is still too wet to go to the Homestead and work on the garden :-( If it doesn't rain tonight or tomorrow maybe we can get the rings dug and the kale, zuchini, squash and cucumbers planted. The long row for pole beans will probably have to wait for another evening or two because it needs to have the concrete blocks put around it, then needs to be de-weeded, the weed matt removed and then the four new types of compost put in. Our own fault for letting them go for two years with only plastic covering them. The grass grew up around the inside edges :-(

:o ............Purgatory...... :knary:

We're at 43 and trying to have a little sun.

MtRider ... :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: WAY too hot for me!

Don't you know? It's a dry heat! LOL

Born here, and after I got married we came back, been here almost 40 years, this time and I guess we are used to it.

LOL, it got down to 78* the other day and I needed a sweater. :icon19:

:coffeescreen: ....sweater.... :rolleyes:

....wanna come for our next BLIZZARD party, Annarchy? Just for the cultural shock of it? :P Of course I have zero love for sub-zero and Blizzards either. :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044:

We're SUNNY and breezy. Got the screen doors open today. That means SUMMER! High was about 60 and it's heading downward now. About 55 but I'm not closing the doors yet. We were below freezing Sunday nite/Monday.

MtRider ... .. High country Colorado changes seasons like most people change socks....

Morning all,

Our weather here is crazy.

In the last two weeks we have had heavy rain, snow, hailstones and sunny days.

The weather is all over the place. I asked a 89 year old man who lives close by about the weather.

He said hes never seen anything like it. Never seen snow in May before. :shrug:

Wow, Daisy. When the 'long-timers' say they've never seen it....it's significant.

This year we had spring in Feb and half of March. Then we had a foot deep blizzard. Then in April we had a two and a half foot blizzard. Not completely unheard of, but not often. The early warm was more unusual than the spring blizzards. Early warm made the snow melt very fast so I appreciated that a lot!

As those systems went eastward, the flooding was horrible tho... :(

We're doing spring for so many days, I'm not even checking my weather channels. :o

MtRider B)

It started raining about 2 this morning...and we're jubilant! MrWE2 finished the new rain catchment system yesterday about 7:00 pm! All four barrels are full and the 4th in line (with the "bung" removed) is running over and watering the back area where most of the garden is...as if it needs watering! LOL

post-9087-0-15727300-1463449967_thumb.jpg

Wow...that sure is purdy, WE2!!!! Excellent reuse of water. Not sure that's quite legal here yet or not. Colorado is quite PICKY when it comes to water! They did relax some rules tho.

Soooo.....We wish you a Merry Christmas.... :santa: Yes...it is SNOWING again! Wasn't in the forecast I saw. :blink: High in the Rockies...even in May. Yes it can! :santa:

At least it can't last. Ground is too warm. But we were hovering at 30 degrees today.

MtRider ....throwing some snowballs to Annarchy... * * * * cool y'all down some!

Snow melted. Continues to drip ....rain...drip.... [a sign we could live in PNW?] ....drizzle....rain..... All at 30 degrees.

MtRider ...Nice cozy pellet stove fire :campfire: ... soup/crackers.... Poor DH has to work.

Edited by Mt_Rider

Rain has quit and the barrels are full :-) Went over to the Homestead this evening after MrWE2 got home and de-cluttered some of our "stuff" and tarped over others getting ready for the yard party Saturday that I'm having for a girlfriend. Sounds like there will be about a dozen or so and we always have a ball. They'll need to use the bathroom so we've covered most of what's been sitting around waiting on us to put "someplace". We've pretty much halted putting too much away because son is moving and we'll be moving the pantry to the 2nd floor apartment and winterizing it. Planning to insulate and make it into a sort of "2nd floor cellar" by not heating it very much in the winter and keeping a small a/c in a window to keep it fairly cool in summer (f we need to). I've had to wear an overshirt all day so finally kicked the heat on for a bit to knock the chill off. We haven't had to use heat or a/c for about 2 months.

Speaking of that, going to heap on the blankets tonight and turn on The Quiet Man movie and listen to it til i fall asleep. Its better than listening to noisy neighbor who works late and can the be up til 330 am making noise directly on the other side of my bedroom wall. Ugh.

Sunny morning - of which I saw little due to our late schedule now. DH JUST got the bales of hay into barn before.....

THUNDER & LIGHTNING & R A I N ! ! ! ! For HOURS! Pasture north of pond is under water again. [the rice paddy]

Had to unplug the Internet ....so DH and I watched a very ODD version of H.G. Wells' War Of The Worlds. Very odd version! :blink: All about a man trying to get back to his wife while the "Martians" are zapping folks and buildings with their light rays. His brother - the medical student [played by same person] tried to get to him but ended up rescuing 2 ladies and ended up in France. Anyone else seen this version? :shakinghead: Actually, it was a little bit Doctor-Who-ish! The old Dr.Who.

We've got a break right now so DH is doing evening chores. Checking the Doppler....more rain/storms are on the way.

MtRider .... :happy0203: ....It's not snow and it's not WILDFIRE! :hapydancsmil:

Edited by Mt_Rider