MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's in the high 60's here today and storming right now.

Yesterday I got the grass mowed for the first time this year. The rain will make it grow fast. Sometimes in the spring I have to mow it nearly twice a week. Ugh.

We are getting hail now.

The drought is officially over here in California. We have actually been getting 'weather' as in rain and more rain and then sunny days and then thunderstorms and then sunny days . It's kind of nice.

• Like 1

It was 80 degrees here to day. Wish I could have enjoyed it but I slept all day. I'm not sick or anything but I just couldn't stay awake. I got tired of fighting it so I went to bed, turned the fan on (I love a fan) and just slept.

Hope I'm not up all night now. :unsure:

4 hours ago, Jeepers said:

It was 80 degrees here to day. Wish I could have enjoyed it but I slept all day. I'm not sick or anything but I just couldn't stay awake. I got tired of fighting it so I went to bed, turned the fan on (I love a fan) and just slept.

Hope I'm not up all night now. :unsure:

I call those "crash and burn" sessions! I usually do them at night...in fact, did one two nights ago.  Went to bed at 8:30 and slept until 7 next morning :24:

Edited by The WE2's
  • Like 1

95 today, with an intense whirlwind that whipped through the yard.  Weather man said it is supposed to cool off again soon.  I was out working and had to quit.  The heat was making me feel weak.  Came in and did a bunch of work.  

It was 30 degrees this morning. It's only 59 now. Supposed to warm up the end of this week though.

I need to mow again and I think I can fix my mail box that the city snow plow  knocked over. I'm hoping a couple of bags of dirt will get it to stand upright again. I'm pretty sure the post isn't broken.

Well Springtime In The Rockies is doing it's usual thing.  We've had about a FOOT of snow in the past 2 days.  It poured down snow yesterday and some this morning.  The first few inches have melted and the next couple inches are soggy near the warmer ground.  The air has been between 10 degrees last nite and 17 degrees daytime.  So far, lights have blinked but the power [and furnace + pellet stove] are still on.  :amen:  

A lot of heavy work to clear off both vehicles to move them outta the way.  Neighbor-friend comes to plow.  This heavy wet stuf will melt but more is coming early next week.  Better to get the main load of INCHES out of the driveway.  My folks' blacktop driveway is melting their foot of snow pretty well.  GLAD my dad decided not to try the mushy stuff with his snowblower today.  :amen:   We aren't clearing anything except to get gates and doors open.  Trudging thru the rest - wait for melt. 

And folks...this is normal.  I can practically hear the pasture grass bursting to grow once the sun comes back out tomorrow....  {that's a song, right?}  :rolleyes:  Hey, one must keep up optimism when we've been enjoying warm and my brother reports they are 96 degrees in DC today.  :knary:   I think I'd much rather have snow.  I'd be dead in 96 degrees.

MtRider  ....arms falling off or I'd wave..... ;)

• Like 1

I really like the snow but I want it over with by March. If it lasts much into March I get depressed. :shrug:

Maybe it's because I get anxious to get out of the house to do things.

It's only 45 here today with lots of rain. It had better not snow! :D

• Like 1

After single digits two nites ago.....we're a balmy 45 degrees today.  Few patches of melting snow still visible.  Mud.  Nice and wet.  No wildfires.  :hapydancsmil:

MtRider   ...can you tell my life wraps around the issue of FIRE ---- NO FIRE?  Oh yeah!  :hidingsmile: