MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's for Dinner? (With pics.)

Liver and home made dinner rolls.  Mary said that was all she wanted.  How come so many folks don't want any other sides once the hot rolls arrive?  Anyhow, they were good; the recipe makes two pans of 15 rolls, with enough left over to experiment with making two thin crust pizzas.  I call that a win cubed.  The liver was particularly tasty tonight.  I'm glad it is not a more poplar food - it keeps the price reasonable.

• Like 3

No liver served in this house...except when I boil it for our Abby-girl and put it in her "mush" jar.  When I pull that quart jar out of the frig she starts drooling all over the floor.  What a mess! :24:  She never knows what "left overs" etc. are whipped up in my VitaMix and poured into her jar.  :feedme:

• Like 1

No pics...just put a whole chicken in my electric pressure cooker on the slow cook setting (4 hours) and it was pull apart tasty.  Had left over noodles (still some for chicken noodle soup tomorrow for lunch), some pork & beans and a slice of homemade bread.

• Like 1

Had Christmas party with friends...and the theme was Mexican.  What a delight!  Enchiladas, Tacos (or a taco salad if you wanted to do it that way), black beans and rice casserole, and the dessert that we took.  The white elephant gifts ended up with hubby getting a nice multi-tool in leather case and I got a very pretty ceramic bathroom toothbrush holder and soap dish.  Lovely to spend time with friends.  One of them is travelling out of country the end of this month and won't be around for 3 months so it was extra nice for all of us to be together. 

101_0884.JPG

• Like 2

Tonight's din-din was a 2nd meal from the chicken I put in the electric pressure cooker awhile ago.  Still have another meal that I put into sealed bags and into freezer.  Not bad, 3 full meals from one chicken that we paid a little over 5$ for.  I dumped the shredded chicken into a skillet and poured some Classic Sauce over it and let it simmer.  Then just added some taters and veggies!

101_0890.JPG

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Tonight, Anniversary dinner, BBQ ribeye steak, butterfly shrimp, baked potato, and Texas toast, then as an added bonus, requirements from an old site.... shucks, missed the placemat & cloth napkin. He only got a +9.  Lol. 

D0E4A3F3-3317-4943-8356-3483BBA3B803.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • 6 months later...

I made a giant pot of gumbo with zucchini instead of okra because that is what I had.  Between that and the apple butter I was in the kitchen most of the day.  A good, dark roux takes forever.  It also doesn't help when you have short arms and your baby bump wants to change the temperature for you.

20200507_154155.jpg

20200507_164303.jpg

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 2

Looks delish Euphrasyne. :yum3:

Nice to see baby helping her mommy in the kitchen. "Turn the heat up momma. I can help from in here. Let's get this show on the road before daddy gets home."   :grinning-smiley-044:

Oh Lawsy, I just noticed. Are you in the kitchen, bare foot and pregnant!   :24:

Edited by Jeepers
Just Noticed.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

:laughkick:I grew up in MS, so barefoot is my standard. 

DH also thinks it is hilarious I'm barefoot in the kitchen most of the time.  His favorite thing to yell at me atm is "Woman! make me a sandwich!"  I usually smile, make it, and serve it with a honey-do list on the side  ^^

• Haha 4

euphrasyne that is funny.  I like the honey do list on the side with a sandwich. Hope it works.

All those food dishes are making me hungry. Might have to go get my desert now.

We had pork chops, applesauce, succotash, and wild rice for dinner.  I will have to figure out an easy way to get picks to computer and on here. Just haven't had time to think about that yet.  And of course as always, no salt.  We haven't used salt in so many years now,  I don't know what I would do if I had salt in my food again. I quit using it when DH had his stoke in 1993.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

This year, I've been trying to come up with menus based only on what we have at the house with no ' run out for lettuce' type trips.   Breakfasts and lunches are usually leftovers or fend for yourself.  I tend to make big batches of pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, etc. and put them in the kitchen freezer as grab and go for everyone.  Saturday and Sunday I pull out every leftover in the fridge and everyone makes a plate for lunch.  Anything left either gets tossed or used in Sunday/Monday dinner.    The school food the kids get is often bland and they will not eat it as is.  I try to find uses for it that they will eat.  

Last two weeks dinner:

Sausage and Cheese plate for adults, leftovers for kids.

Spaghetti, Italian bread, seasoned green beans, orange fluff

Chicken Tikka Masala, chickpea korma, mattar paneer,  rice, naan

Beef pot pie, salad, blueberry cheesecake pudding (we were bad and it was delivery from a local business)

Rosemary chicken, potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms

Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs, garlic toast, green beans (used leftover spaghetti from earlier, added cooked meatballs & cheese, baked with more sauce)

Chicken curry pot pie, green beans, applesauce

Hamburgers with grilled mushrooms and onions, oven fries  (no lettuce or tomato, but the onions and mushrooms were plentiful)

Baked buffalo chicken sliders, Zuppa Toscana (soup from freezer, sliders used leftover chicken, can chicken, cx lunchmeat & half a bottle of buffalo sauce from fridge)

Hashbrown Casserole, Biscuits, scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage & bacon, homemade jam  (hashbrown casserole had a can of diced spam in it and everyone LOVED it.  no one realized it was spam until I told them. )

Beef & veggie teriyaki stir-fry, coconut rice, fruit cups  (used 4 tubs of broccoli, 1 tub carrots I froze out of kids school food along with 1 can each of asian corn, straw mushrooms, water chestnuts, and bamboo with an onion, a bell pepper, and teriyaki sauce)  

Pizza, chicken chunks (home cooked/made)

• Like 3