MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's for Dinner? (With pics.)

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, The WE2's said:

Tonight was seared brat slices in Alfredo noodles, and veggie medley on side.  Yummmm!

Being originally from WI (only 40 miles from Johnsonville where they make that brand, and only 40 miles from Sheboygan's annual bratwurst festival, I love those sausages.  It does not hurt that they are so flavor full that you can slice them up and mix them with other stuff....your Brats & Noodles Alfredo looks delicious!  (I use them in scalloped potatoes, or chopped in scrambled eggs for breakfast burritos, or chopped in bean soup!  Mmmmm brats.....(no emoji for drooling, is there?) One of my favorite "stretch" foods because of their great flavor.

Edited by kappydell
  • Like 3

Yes Kappy, the Johnsonville Smoked Brats are delish!  We bought them at the Mennonite store for about half of what regular retail stores charge.  We bought a bag full and I vacuum sealed them into smaller portions (2 in a bag) for the freezer.  They are huge!

oh those shrooms look so good.  mary does not eat them, otherwise we would be putting shroom plugs in to all those sweet gum logs we have not split yet.  shiitake mushrooms are supposed to like sweet gum logs to grow on.  Oh well....I can live with getting a few at the store now and again...but still.....and anarchy I use cottage cheese for ricotta....and sour cream....and wherever I can put it for the protein boost, lol.  Tonight I mixed some into leftover mac salad for dinner, a couple nights ago stuffed it in some baked potatoes, and before that stuck some into a pasta casserole, along with some grated cheddar and some Parmesan "shaky cheese" to make it a "three-cheese" casserole.  I am a cottage cheese fanatic!  Of course I often have to blend it smooth to hide it from those who don't like cottage cheese as much as I do.....

• Like 2

Sounds tasty We2.

Sourdough bread turned out good.  Fed the starter for next time. Sent a TY to the person who gave me the starter. Still had to remove a heaping tbs when it was getting to room temperature. 

We had jalapeño poppers for an appetizer, (DH asked for Colby cheese mixed in the cream cheese) and sourdough turkey, ham & salami sandwiches for dinner.  Mine had lettuce & tomatoes. 

My brother sent us a package from New Braunfels Smokehouse with salami, ham, turkey, sausages & cheese. Since we’re going to MIL’s, Christmas treats are a little early. :happy0203:  

We still have a few dozen jalapeños left, and the bushes are full, which I need to pick. I’ve got enough seeds to put a hedge around our property. :008Laughing:

3D30EA9B-3947-4444-B47B-D908A5F4D356.jpeg

D02FCA9E-1721-4F90-A7F5-C906536F4D49.jpeg

D70CC1D0-AA24-4880-B9A1-55C26F215156.jpeg

• Like 2

Still enjoying turkey from Thanksgiving!  Fried up two thick slices (I vacuum sealed several bags of it) and fixed some noodles and some veggies...then enjoyed some of our homemade cranberry-strawberry-green chili jam over the turkey.  Can you believe hubby likes it!  Wanna see?   (ps...probably next week I'll start thawing and canning a turkey that we bought while on sale (we have 6 in the deep freezers). That's the plan any way.:rolleyes:

101_0862.JPG

• Like 2