MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Momo

Electricity prices rising

Because of EPA/Obama executive orders regarding coal fired electric plants, many of us will see increased rates soon. Some parts of the country may rise as much as 50%. I received a notice last week that we will have a small availability charge raise next month. This is only the first step by our provider.

Already did. I got some cheap solar spike lights to charge daily and use in my kitchen and bathroom at night so its not utterly dark in them instead of the 4 watt night lights. Screw the power companies. Should drop bill about 15 $ a month, lol.

I will be getting a few more. AT a buck a piece, it works for me.

We changed all our lighting to LED's about a year or so ago; all three houses, the motorhome and the travel trailer. We were astounded at the reduction in our energy cost! We've cut our electricity about 50% from what it was...during the summer when we run a/c. We are an all electric household except our water heater so we were nigh consumers, so changing over was truly a good decision for us. Wish we could change our clothes dryer to LED! :24:

:lol: Clothes dryer LED....yeah! Let me know if you find one. :) Course there is always clothesline and clothes racks. Gonna have to put up my new cord....before this old one drops a load of clean wet clothes on the ground! :clothesline:

Our electric prices out here are SKY-HIGH! All electric house except propane furnace...and even furnace needs electric for blower/ignition/etc. Horrible place to run on electric.

We've been slowly changing to LED as they have been coming down in price. Have been impressed with new LED with regular light....not the green/blue light of the early ones

The other advantage to LED.....you don't pull one out of the box and it's in 2 pieces like the incandescent [purposely made poorly] ones. :motz_6: They blow so fast! . Our house isn't wired well....have some places that blow the filament in those lights constantly. Also blow the light for the egg-laying in the duckhouse. That door sticks and you hafta give it a kick to shut it. Then it vibrates the light fixture and breaks the filament in the incandescent bulb. :gaah: LED light there has saved a bundle...even if they cost more initially! :)

MtRider .....life keeps getting more....... :sigh: .....y'know?

Army.....here in CO they USED TO have subdivision ordinances or petty rules that said EVERYone's roof had to be rustic wooden shake shingles. Lets go with PRETTY AND UNIFORM rather than WISE. <_<

Then came the years of drought.......and the viscious wildfires that encroached upon the "urban-wilderness interfaces". In other words, people died and so many lost entire homes and neighborhoods because those stupid dried-wood shingles burned up so easily. Spread from house to house....street to street in a horrific inferno.

And those stupid subdivision laws changed!

I don't know what it takes to get laws to allow solar panels on roof tops....but it CAN change.

MtRider...... never did see the use of "pretty" over "wisdom"..... <_<

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.