MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy 4th of July!

Momo

My mom and I [neither of us get out much] have a tradition to go down the the small town 4th festival. The past two years have seen horrible lightning storms and RAIN on their festival. This year was very pleasant....even for my heat sensitivity. My mom is no longer confident about being able to climb any hills. [Mt town...it's all hills] but we went anyway. :amen: Found a street parking spot RIGHT in front with a driveway behind me! Reallllly a bad situation to return and not be able to get the wheelchair back in the truck cuz the next person parked too close to be able to drop the tailgate. :blink:

We took it slow. I pushed the wheelchair [rolling walker to stabilize me]. When we went down the grassy slope, I handed her my cane. She nearly tripped over the metal edging when we reached the sidewalk but caught herself. Perhaps due to the bad weather in the past, it was quite small this year. Few booths. Lots of people tho. Had our Kettle Corn. Tried for a rootbeer float but the heat was getting too much for me to wait in an endless line. Decided to go back to their house. The Guys never come with us....it's our tradition and they're not interested.

As for the slight hill walking we did, by taking it slow and in stages, my mom did very well. She was surprised and pleased. .....well, cuz I've had to do hills like this for the past 25 yrs. She may be in her later 80's but I'm the more experienced "old person". :lol: It was a good day.

MtRider ....wish I could see fireworks but we have to come home to feed every year. :americanflag:

Sounds like a good adventure. No fireworks , they had them on founders day a week ago or so. Glad nobody had them here, today. Miss Macy can't handle it.

I just spent the day like I usually do. It was nice and mild however around here since it was fairly quiet. Enjoyed listening to music and writing. Got through a difficult part to write finally! Phew, mebbe because I had no real noise going on or as much. I am really happy I got that part done and now sailing into the unknown political arena down on the farm, well they showed up....... lol. criminy, how am I going to write it up..... ? :bounce: