MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

O.M.G. I Got A Little Firecracker

My first and only grandchild was born today! :wub:

He is 3 weeks early and tiny but doctor said he is doing fine. He is in the Nicu because of his weight. He is 3 pounds 15 oz. One more ounce and he could have been in the regular nursery. No matter, he'll get constant care in there. My son is too excited to give more details except his name is Jason.

I'll be MIA from here in a few days. Whenever he gets home, I'll go over to Indy to help take care of him for a few days. DIL has a pretty big family so they will have other help too. She had a C-section so by the time she recovers enough from that, hopefully baby will be big enough to come home with her.

Could use some 'stay healthy-gain weight' prayers!

Edited: Just found out she didn't have a C-section after all and got a picture. Woo-Hoo.

post-2492-0-01324800-1467668806_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeepers

That's what I told his dad. Every year he'll think all of the fireworks are for him. He said, "Don't tell him any different."

I hope he gets his mommy's dimples. She has two really deep ones. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. Add those dimples and look out ladies LOL. I haven't heard his length but both parents are kind of tall. Dad at 6-2 and mom at 5-8.

Edited to resize picture. Yikes

post-2492-0-78421200-1467681303_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeepers

yeah... I just saw my grandsons 1 year cake.... video. he was so studious licking frosting off his fingers. his mom is doing annual or semi annual audit for base so she has been working late into evening so they just did a little square cake for him, he got to have it to himself.

Little Jason will get there too! Only 3.lbs 6 oz? That is tiny! I would think about 6 pounds at 3 weeks early. My son was six pounds 4 ounces , 3 weeks early. Hes six foot two now... 36 yrs. later..... He's done allright too.

I can't wait to hold him. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this long distance grandma gig. My grandma was right down the street and that was so nice. I'm a hands on type and I don't want him to forget about me. One of us is going to have to move closer. I can't imagine how you ladies do it. I want to be involved with raising him. Well, a good diaper blow out and a couple of rounds of teething and I could sort of back that down a little. :mornincoffee:

Congratulations, Grandma Jeepers!! He's adorable! :hug3: Praying for weight gain and good health!

DD was 6lb. 4 oz. and came home at under 6lb. She wore pampers premie diapers for the first month or so. (The Huggies premies were always too big.) And then all that mama milk suddenly made her a very chubby baby and she was in the 95th percentile for weight for a year.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

Jeepers Grandma, diaper duty and teething, you have to take the good with the bad! 💩😷🤑. So thrilled to hear your wonderful news and surely hope you get lots of time for lovin on him. I think the puppies are going to feel neglected.

Thank you Lovinit. Yeah, I'm sure I'll handle it...somehow. :grinning-smiley-044:

Puppies will just have to understand. Part of their training. LOL.

Psssst, they'll still be on my computer. Auntie/grandma Jeepers won't be that far.

Congratulations!!!! Grand love is just the best!!!

Thanks Carr !!! I'm about to find out in a few days. They had to go out and buy another car seat because the regular infant size is too big even with extra padding. I hope when they send him home they send one of those sleep monitors. The kind that helps with SID's.

If not I'll ask for one. They aren't fool proof but better than nothing,

I'm really excited for my son. He is an only child (as am I) and his dad lives clear across the country. All of the grandparents are gone and most of his aunts and uncles have started passing on. I always worried he'd be left alone in the world after I passed. I didn't think of it often but when I did, I was sad for him. Now my mind has eased a little knowing Baby J. can help his mom and dad when he gets older. Now he has a good wife and a baby to love and take care of and to help ease the transition...as it should be.

My first and only grandchild was born today! :wub:

He is 3 weeks early and tiny but doctor said he is doing fine. He is in the Nicu because of his weight. He is 3 pounds 15 oz. One more ounce and he could have been in the regular nursery. No matter, he'll get constant care in there. My son is too excited to give more details except his name is Jason.

I'll be MIA from here in a few days. Whenever he gets home, I'll go over to Indy to help take care of him for a few days. DIL has a pretty big family so they will have other help too. She had a C-section so by the time she recovers enough from that, hopefully baby will be big enough to come home with her.

Could use some 'stay healthy-gain weight' prayers!

Edited: Just found out she didn't have a C-section after all and got a picture. Woo-Hoo.

Do I see him winking at his granny Jeepers!? :24: Congrats! :hapydancsmil:

Thanks We2! Winking? Probably just gas. :laughkick:

He got to go home this afternoon. I can't hardly believe it. He gained 5 ounces and they said he is doing fine. They are really surprised he doesn't have some issues because he was so early and so tiny. I'd be so scared handling him. But they are doing fine with him. I guess it helps that they don't have anything to compare him to.

I'm going over next Tuesday. I was going to go this weekend but son has to work 3rd. shift so I wouldn't really get to see him much. He will be off Tue-Thurs so that works.

WOW. I really don't know what else to say.

I am so in love with that little man. I can not believe it. Everyone says grandchildren are a different kind of love. Not ever having that experience, I couldn't imagine loving anyone as much as my own son. Wrong. :wub:

He is a little bitty feller but doing well. At first I was sort of afraid of him because he is so little. His leg is about as big around as my thumb and his head is about the size of an orange. I sat down and they put him in my arms and I was a gonner. By the time I left I was picking him up laying him in his bassinette. I let mom and dad do diaper duty but I did a lot of feedings. I brought home the little bottle that I did our first feeding with. It's 2 oz. and 20 calories. I'm already hopeless. :rolleyes:

Poor baby, I couldn't keep my hands off of him. He slept on me most of the time I was there except for when I wasn't out shopping for formula and little bitty diapers. I wiped out all of Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Targets supply. They were prepared with plenty of newborns but there was no way he could wear those. My son thought 1-2 packs of the preemie diapers would be enough. Sigh. I wanted to be sure he was 'prepped' before I left. :grinning-smiley-044:

I still worry about him. Suppose I always will. I don't want him to grow up too fast but I'll be glad when the 25th. rolls around so he will be at his original birth date and won't be so preemie.

I bawled when I left. Actually, I bawled off and on all the way home. They wanted me to stay when they saw me crying. I rarely cry and my son can't take it even when I told him they were happy tears. But, it was time for me to get home and son to go to work and for DIL to get her house back. I still well up when I think about him. Just pure emotions. Dang, who'd a thought! :sad-smiley-012:

Thank you all so much for your good wishes and prayers for that little baby boy! And for letting me talk about him.

With apologies to Jackson Browne but, "Here come those tears again...."