MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sassenach

My wee grandson, prayer needed.

Finally have some internet again although its been lousy around here lately I am told.

I wanted to ask for prayer for my wee grandson, Flynn, he became very ill, 16 mos. old now, while my son, his dad, was driving me to the midwest from northeast US to move me.

Flynn acquired both RSV and bacterial pneumonia within days of the RSV . They figured out the pneumonia the day before my son left Nebraska, about Oct 29th. He was hospitalized for about three days.

Yesterday Flynn broke out in massive hives from the amoxicillin and had to go back for steroid shots and not sure what else.

I am dealing with non draining drains, here. Evidently the house didn't get lived in for 3 years and tree roots have had a hey day. Trying muric acid in sewer pipe now..... if it doesn't work, the pipe has to be dug out and replaced probably to street.

The water heater, new is still sitting waiting at the hardware store.

But my HHG are now here, got delivered today so primarily I am relieved it is at least here in my possession again. Moved household goods that is.

But I wanted to ask for prayers for Flynn, the poor little guy.

My son kindly exposed me to RSV.... yep, got it... but getting through it myself. Have not felt too good for several days with it but managing, but I'm big, my grandson isn't.

Edited by sassenach

I will pray. Keep us posted. Keep in mind that sugar destroys the ability of white blood cells to attack and destroy the bad guys. Best to stay completely off all types of sugar (including fruit juice) to give the immune system all the help it can get.

Awwww, poor lil' guy! I'll bet you and his parents are so worried and ......just want to do something to make him better! So yes!! We'll DO something....

Father God, we pray that You relieve little Flynn of this illness and restore him to health. We pray you will give docs and everyone wisdom in caring for him. Give his parents strength to care for him thru days and nights that get long. Give a special blessing of health to DIL because she carries little sister. :amen:

MtRider :pray: ....what is RVS again? Can't remember.

Mt. Rider ---- http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv-infection-symptoms respiratory syncytial virus

It can resemble a cold but his cough and congestion got worse and he vomited, which leads to lack of nutrients, dehydration and such too... it did develop into pneumonia. Then he just reacted to the amoxicillin. badly.

He did have a fever, didn't sleep good and you need to prop them up , torso wise to help breathing when they are ill.

His oxygen level fell to 92% originally.

Not that long ago he also had hand, foot mouth disease, it goes round Hawaii all the time. That place is an incubator for viruses. They do not think DIL got it..

He is going through the mill these days with all the bugs they tend to generate! Thank you for praying for DIL, shes over 5 mos. pregnant again.. a wee daughter to be in March.

They feed him really high quality foods, a great variety, no junk at all. They hit the farmers market.

I am making myself eat , sleeping good now, mostly. Congestion is there still every night and morning. The extended release Mucinex DM really helps. Trying to keep fluids going regularly. My energy is a little better every day. I still get a fever now and then but it breaks fast.

Edited by sassenach

You don't have Roto Rooter there?

Have you tried a little essential oil of geranium/cranesbill to help the air quality?

Hand, foot and mouth disease went around here last month. A baby at our church had it and his mom was worried she would get it because she is pregnant again.

Glad they feed him good foods! So many parents don't and it's sad.

Ambergris, the lines were snakes, you should see the fine roots, all meshed just pulled out of about 4 feet of pipe leading the city sewer, two large maple trees are the culprits.... have to wait on okay from all utility companies that do services here to clear yard area before new pipe and digging can be done.

But water heater was properly replaced!

Sewer pipe should be replaced within 72 hours.

the drains work some now, but very slow so just very minimal water use for now.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.