MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sassenach

Need help to get sound back on my computer.

Question

My temperamental laptop ( windows vista) is doing it again and its been so long I don't know how to turn my sound back on , nope it is NOT muted. I checked. Says its not disabled via computer control panel to devices .... too.......

HALP!

I appreciate it.

7 answers to this question

Sorry that I can't help more specifically, but I tried to Google it to see what comes up. Maybe something in this bunch can help your specific problem.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sound+issues+with+windows+vista+on+laptop&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

well , for some reason, its working this evening! When I checked the devices in the control panel , I just clicked okay when it said it was working fine, and was not disabled according to that.

Tried to see if it would work on one website I listen to a podcast on and it worked finally, some hours after I had the problem..... weird.

I will look at that link though, Cat! Thanks!

Our son works with computers and internet tech and even he doesn't always know how or why stuff happens. :shrug:

Glad it's better again! ;)

Vista, Microsoft has quit software updates. I have found, though the years, when they discontinue service, somehow, updates tend to tweak the older systems and cause 'glitches'. My XP system constantly did that, until I gave up on it.

:tinfoilhatsmile: WARNING......

I sincerely believe, they do it on purpose. Sales.... it's all about the money.... frustrate you enough to make you buy their new product.

:tinfoilhatsmile:

I've had issues like that before too. One time I couldn't get sound. I tried everything I knew to do. Computer said it was okay, sound board was fine and I had the sound turned on. Unfortunately, I didn't have the little scroll bar, on the site I was on, pushed all the way over. No puppy sounds for me that day. :blush:

I know Annarchy, cant afford a new laptop just yet , squeaking by til I can. I still have no idea if they will fix windows 10 problems or not and that also makes me hesitate because all I see is windows 10 laptops offered for sale these days.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.