MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Snowmom

Please pray for Old Pine

I know it has been a long time since I have posted in here and I am sorry.     We have had so much going on.    If it wasn’t an appointment it was company and a wedding and more company. 

So right now I want to let you know more about Gary.     I am really tired.        Gary is really having a hard time with all of this too.   

He is on oxygen most of the time now but, he is eating a bit better.       His total pounds lost is about 75 or so pounds.     He doesn't want to gain any of it back either so that is ok.    

He has had another cat scan and there is something on his lungs that the oncologist isn’t sure of and will be taking these results to several other doctors and see what they can make of it.      She is calling it ground glass in his lungs.     It covers at least ½ of the right lung and is getting a bit into the left lung.  

We also found out he has 2 aneurisms; we knew he had one but, they found 2 on the cat scan.    He/we saw a surgeon last week and he doesn’t want to operate until the large one is at 6 cm and of course he asked several questions.  

Right now as it stands, Gary will go up again in November and have another cat scan.  

This morning he had an Echo Gram and on Friday we go to Bemidji again to see his regular doctor.  

I have an ultra sound in the morning and then on Wednesday I have an Echo Gram, so our calendar is really full this week. 

Thank you for all of your prayers, we appreciate them more than you will ever know.    

All of those doctor appointments can sure take a toll on the body's energy level and can make your mind weary. :hug3:

Continued prayers for both of you!  :pray:

Continuing prayers, our dear friend.   I don't write as much these days, but  I watch and I pray.  God's holding you all closely.  :pray:  :hug3:

I tried a couple times yesterday and again in the night to make this post, but, I couldn't get in here.    

This is the latest on both of us.  

We had some news at Gary’s appointment regarding his aneurysms about how things will work.    First off he will need to have a Pulmonary Function test and see a cardiologist.  Then when he is approved for surgery, we will go to Fargo the day before the surgery to see the doctor.    He will go in the morning of his surgery and then spend the night in the hospital.  The third day he will come home.   It sounds like this will all be happening within the next couple months.

Now for my Pace Maker check-up,   The battery has switched over to reserve mode and will be replaced on Tuesday the 17th of October.  Right now it is just making sure my heart is pumping.  From the sounds of it, this is all the pacing it has been doing for a month now.   I figured it would be soon but, didn’t think it would be this soon.  Oh well, I will get mine done and then I will be good to go for Gary’s surgery. 

I have had this pace maker for 9 years and 3 months and this is longer than they had said it would last.     They had said between 5 and 7 years, so I feel I have done ok with it.       

On Thursday I see my APRN, CNP   I don't have a doctor, but, she is as close to one as she can be.   :)       On Friday something is going on also and right now the next 2 weeks are open.      You noticed I said right now.     Things change so fast.  

Thank you for the update and will be praying for both of you.  Sounds like you got your money's worth out of that pace maker, Snowmom!

Hope that getting a new PM will make your life easier and more energetic.  Prayers for Gary with all that has been plaguing him this year...

Good morning,

I had my pace maker replace on Tuesday,  the surgery was done around 9:30 and I was home by noon.   :)

There are a couple things I am not able to do, stretch, nor reach with my left arm but, other than that I am able to walk and do about anything I had been doing before the surgery.   :)

We are waiting yet for news for Gary to get to see the other two doctors he needs to see.       They did let us know we could go to Fargo, but, I said no, we need it done in Bemidji as that is only 60 miles rather than 95 miles.     So no calls yet.        

Thank you all again for all the prayers.  

Carol

• Like 2

I'm so glad this step is behind you. One less thing to think about.  :hug3:

Continuing prayers for your dear sweet husband. Hope he gets to see the doctors soon. I'd wait to get a closer appointment too.  :pray:

Good morning everyone,       image.png

I want to let you know that it looks like the cancer is staying put, not growing. Gary had his ultra sound done yesterday and the doctor was happy with the results. The blood clots that had shown up last time are now gone too. God is so good.

Gary goes in the first week in January for his aneurysm surgery.

I sure haven’t gotten things done around here, packages for family are still not ready to mail and I haven’t sent any cards out either.     The only thing I have done is make a few cookies.    

I got the tree up and decorated a week + ago and that is really not the way I usually do it. 

We do wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thank you all for praying for him and all of us.  enjoy your day snowman.gif              CHRISTMAS LITTLE GIRL AND TREE HUGS.jpg

• Like 3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.