MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Browser Access

Hi Everyone,

Between reading until my eyes are popping out of my head, being on the phone until I have a kink in my neck, and studying all the documentation and options we have, I have come to the conclusion that there is not very much I can do, at this moment, to stop the "warning" that is being issued by google.

One reason for the warning, if a person posts a picture, not hosted/uploaded here, like using photo bucket, because their system is not secure, we get the warning.  The same goes with any link ever posted on our site.  

The second reason for the warning is MrsSurvival does not have an "https" url.  That issue can be resolved, but not at this moment.

I have found that the two browsers that are blocking us the most are FireFox and Google Chrome.  Microsoft Edge and Safari have not given me any issues.  IDK if it would be the same on different internet access points, but, it might give you another option to utilize.

Please accept my deepest regret for not being able to do anything about it at this time.

Respectfully,

Annarchy

• Like 1

(((((((Annie)))))))

When I post a picture I put it on my desktop and attach it from there. It's just easier for me to find. I have a lot of pictures.

I don't know why I haven't had the unsafe warning. I'm usually the first one to have computer issues. I come here with Internet Explorer. Not the fastest but it works the best for me on this site. Who knows.

Thank you for taking your own time to deal with this!  :bouquet:

I have Safari on my phone which must be why I can get in on it. Unfortunately I have a Chromebook so I have to use Chrome...still getting the deceptive warning site. I've tried but can't get past it. Oh well.... :sigh:

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but when I clicked back on the site I used the same icon I have on my 'favorites bar' and It didn't save any of my settings. I deleted the icon on my favorites bar and reentered it from the new site and it saved my settings. It's on the Google tool bar as that's my home page. But come to think about it...it might be an AOL tool bar I have on my Google home page. Hummm.

It may not make any difference. It might have been a coincidence but it's worth a try to totally delete any icons you've used for the old site and use the new sites shortcut.  :shrug: 

We all know about my computed skills though so this probably means nothing at all...  :blush:

9 hours ago, dogmom4 said:

I have Safari on my phone which must be why I can get in on it. Unfortunately I have a Chromebook so I have to use Chrome...still getting the deceptive warning site. I've tried but can't get past it. Oh well.... :sigh:

:hi:Lady, I've been thinking about you.  :bouquet:

Firefox warning has a link on it which says, "Ignore this warning" and when I click on it, FF connects.  Does Chrome give you the option to come here anyway?

9 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but when I clicked back on the site I used the same icon I have on my 'favorites bar' and It didn't save any of my settings. I deleted the icon on my favorites bar and reentered it from the new site and it saved my settings. It's on the Google tool bar as that's my home page. But come to think about it...it might be an AOL tool bar I have on my Google home page. Hummm.

It may not make any difference. It might have been a coincidence but it's worth a try to totally delete any icons you've used for the old site and use the new sites shortcut.  :shrug: 

We all know about my computed skills though so this probably means nothing at all...  :blush:

:scratchhead:  IDK.  I'm not familiar with any of those settings, at all.  :sorry:  Maybe someone else with know.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:23 PM, TheCG said:

I'm using Chrome and have never had an issue (it likes to warn me about some other sites, but not this one).  Then again...I tend to live on the wild side when it comes to security settings:grinning-smiley-044:

10 hours ago, dogmom4 said:

Unfortunately I have a Chromebook so I have to use Chrome...still getting the deceptive warning site. I've tried but can't get past it. Oh well.... :sigh:

Maybe TheCG could tell you where to find the security settings.  

A lot of times when Chrome gives you a warning, there's a little link at the bottom that says "Additional Information."  If you click on it, you then have the option to proceed at your own risk.

Otherwise, click the 3 dot menu, go to Settings, then scroll to the bottom to Advanced Settings.  There's a checkbox in there that says "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites."  Mine is definitely, definitely unchecked.  I also have a good antivirus and backup system...

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...