MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MtRider's Update

Whoooooo boy!  I've been locked out for so long!  Annarchy's been working SO hard to get some of us back in to MrsS.  I've had other difficulties too.  DH and I had some 'bug' [physical, not computer] that was wiping us out Feb-March.  If he hadn't gotten it too, I thot it was just MS bad days.  Extreme fatigue, DIZZY, weak, and slight fever chills.  Anyone else hear of this?  DH and I are RARELY sick cuz of herbs 'n stuff we can throw at anything that tries to 'get' us.  This bug would go away when we did that....and come back....and come back..  DH had it X3.  I had it X6 over a period of 2 months or so.  Grrrrr! 

So basically, I've been home since early Feb .......then went to restaurant mid March for my dad's 88th B-day - and came straight home cuz I was wiped  :0327:  .....and haven't been ANYWHERE SINCE.  Finally, this past week I've been feeling "my normal" again.  Whew.  'Course DH does taxes and he's been gone to his regular job AND taxes all this time too.  He's wiped out and has finally been having some rest day.  We is gettin' too old for this.  :rolleyes:    When he's gone, I'm doing the chores for animals a lot more often.  So we're both a bit drained.  Will be nice to get back to normal.  Haven't seen my folks but twice since Feb.  They only live half hour away. 

And....they are finally moving down out ot this altitude.  :band2:  :amen:     Please pray as they pack and ready themselves.  Move will be early fall.  Buidling small house near my brother/niece.  All on one level....plus basement for storms.  Simple and much easier for them.  They went to visit recently and my brother reports my mom running around "like a spring chicken"  ---- BECAUSE SHE GETS ENOUGH OXYGEN!  The difference is stark....and wonderful!  I'm so glad they've finally found a way to reach that goal.  Pray for:  their elderly selves.... sorting to downsize, all the decisions on the house, that the building goes smoothly, their continued health, and for inner peace from God's own Spirit.  Moving is stressful even if you aren't 'elderly'.  :pray:

Now...for us.  Cuz I wanna be breathing all that oxygen toooooooo!  :)   Pray that DH and I can hear when God tells us where/when we're going.  We won't be here long - we know that.  Might be one year -sign lease again in May.  BUT....sublet on lease is entirely doable in this area right now.  The thing is, HE told us to stay with my folks.  Now....will we move with them (my folks would like us all together for their last years) OR will God call us to be moving nearer to our dds?  

The other thing that happened recently is that SIL had a health episode in Maui.  :unsure:  Haven't heard all the results yet.  He woke in nite with chest tight/can't breathe.  ER and then admitted to hospital.  Monitors.  Had 2nd episode that next nite in hospital.  Was released the next day.  First, they are working at getting blood pressure stable.  It went way up.  Also discovered diabetes.  Might be more.  Change diet and when/how often he eats.  Hawaiian genes and the post WWII diet!  :(   Traditional Hawaiian diet is great.  (Taro, veggies, fruit, lean wild pork, sea food, etc)  But the lack of supply ships during WWII means the more 'Spam 'n white rice' type diet...and it's still popular. 

:scratchhead:   Well....God has our plan already formulated and will let us know when needed.  Some serious sorting of this house is certainly needed tooooooo!  :busted:   Pray I can even DO that! :0327:

We had EARLY spring weather again like last year.  OTOH....we had a LOT of subzero nights...way into Feb/March.  :shrug:   Our pond has been open for weeks now -- happy ducks.  Our pasture is greening -- happy horses.  Tho we're still having snow [last nite....today.....right now WHILE the sun shines..... :scratchhead: ]   That's ok.  With the frost completely out of the ground, the snow melts on contact.  And, as usual, we neeeed the moisture.  Already dealing with wildfires.  Not much cuz we had a ton of snow back in March.  We were nicely WET for a while and we just got dusty/dry/unsafe recently. 

Edited to add:  The OTHER trouble I've had regarding being on the Internet at all is ....our quite limited usage has been SHOOTING up into the 90's% of allowed [paid for].  We looked at other plans but too much $$$.  So...we've been watching that closely.  It's in the high 70's % this morning but with WIN 10 doing so many upgrades, etc...it keeps shooting up so I have to keep an eye on that too.  :pc_coffee:

So...that's my news update.  So glad to see some of you back that had been MIA for a  while.....before January when I went MIA.  :wave:

MtRider   .....sooooo glad to be back and ....I remember the code for my smilies!  :lol: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
fixin' stuff
  • Like 4

WOOOOO-HOOOO! :cele:

So very glad to see you back. I was worried about you there a couple of times. I've heard a lot of people having that 'crud' you had this year. Nasty stuff that keeps hanging on and hanging on.

So glad your parents are getting off the mountain for their health. Praying for a safe and smooth move!  :pray:

• Like 1

Indeed Jeepers, :pray: same with dogmom, and a plethora of others. :happy0203:

I am very grateful things are clearing up. 

I'll bet she mentions "all the new buttons". Lol. Really, there aren't that  many new ones, there are just in different places. :blink:

Very grateful MrsS is beginning to work out all the glitches. *Sigh*

• Like 1

Well, it sounds like you haven't been bored!  And I'm so sorry you have both been sick!  Sure look forward to learning what God has in store for your future!  So glad to see you back!!!  Horses and pup are good?

• 2 weeks later...