MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Been Ages!

Dee

:hi:Everyone

I haven't been here for ages but I'm hoping to reconnect.  Life has been busy but now seems to have settled down some.....thankfully!!! 

I've been reading a little and have seen Snowmom's recent post about Old Pine.  Gee Snowmom, I hope things are working out.  You will both be in my prayers!

I haven't read a whole lot yet so am hoping others are doing well, that there are still people here who might remember me and  :welcome: to the new ones!

A big :grouphug:to everyone!!!

Dee

• Like 1

:hi: Dee, nice to see you.

How's the weather up there?  Is it still cold or are you all planting crops? Are you still playing bridge with the Ladies?

A lot has changed around here.  Have fun catching up.

I don't get on much anymore but I was thinking of you the other day. It had to do with a picture or breakfast burrito recipe but I can't remember now.

I have a one year old granddaughter from my oldest DD and son will be getting married next fall and my baby is done with high school in a few weeks.

They keep me hopping.

Nice to be thought of!  I used to make breakfast burritos and freeze them years ago but I haven't for so long that I'd forgotten all about them. :) 

Grandchildren are the best! I have a 10 year old grandson and 8 year old granddaughter that live close enough to walk over.  Then I have a 2 year old grandson at Lake Tahoe that I don't see very often.

It does sound like you keep busy with your children.  That's always a good thing!

I'm just getting old. :) Last year dh got a kidney transplant...I got cataracts removed from both eyes...and we downsized....a lot of unnecessary stuff. I'm still working for at least a few more years...then maybe I can afford to retire. Trying to figure out how to prep in a smaller space...without cramming too much in. How have you been?

Wow, hope your DH is doing well.  That's kind of a surgery to do I'd think.  Did your cataract surgery go well?  I had mine done over 20 years a go now and it was great!

We've moved to a smaller place too.  We put up a new house that's one story, no basement and no garage.  Hope to get a garage in time but being retired and not having to  get out I can usually stay home a couple of days and let the snow work it's way off the car.  :) 

Like you doing much prepping in this smaller house is kind of tough.  However the old house will stay empty so many things are still over there.  I'm sure before next winter decisions will need to be made because I doubt DH is going to want to heat the old unheatable barn of a house.

• Like 1

Dh is doing remarkably well. It was a wonderful thing to have the cataracts removed. I didn't realize how blurry my vision had become. No more glasses for distance and I can use the cheap readers for reading.

7 minutes ago, dogmom4 said:

Dh is doing remarkably well. It was a wonderful thing to have the cataracts removed. I didn't realize how blurry my vision had become. No more glasses for distance and I can use the cheap readers for reading.

My FIL said that everything was much more colorful once he had his done.

• Like 1

They told me my colors would be better too.  I thought they were nuts.  I could see colors just fine.  WRONG! LOL  Colors were so sharp and vibrant after surgery that I was totally amazed.  The original change must have come on so gradually I didn't realize it had even changed.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...