MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Shelter in place and the prom dress

Early yesterday morning, there was an explosion and fire at a landfill in my county. Big fire with lots of smoke. The landfill is between my big town and the next bigger town but they both kinda of run together. I live miles away form the fire.

Emergency Management put out a shelter in place notice telling everyone to stay indoors and turn off ventilation systems near the fire, DD wanted to go prom dress shopping and yesterday was the only day both of us had free so we headed over to that side of town, after all the wind was blowing all the smoke towards the bigger town. Well the landfill was a lot closer to the mall than I thought and the wind kept shifting directions, ugh very stinky smoke. We found the prom dress. The fire is 40% contained but can smolder for months. I'm staying away from that side of town,

The landfill stuff ....ugh.  Wonder what caused the explosion?   :o

Yet.....life goes on and prom dress must happen, huh?  Glad the day was successful for your dd.

MtRider :)

Edited by Mt_Rider

:hi:gofish,

Glad you found the dress.  The fire sound horrible.  Hopefully, they will be able to put it out fast.

We have 2 wild fires burning around here.  We are concerned because 'fire season' hasn't officially hit.  Both the fires were man made.  :sigh:

We've had many small fires around the region.....since snow melted in early March.  Then we get snow and fire danger goes down again.  Two wks later....we're dry again. 

MtRider ....ANYthing is better than wildfire!  :runcirclsmiley2:

• 2 weeks later...

We're in about the only part of Florida where you can't smell smoke, and a lot of my friends and "friends" in other counties are checking their evac plans while watching the nearest black cloud.