MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

SO YOU THINK GASOLINE IS EXPENSIVE?

This is priceless!

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just illustrates how outrageous some prices are.

You will be really shocked by the last one (at least, I was)!!!

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things into perspective.

Diet Snapple, 16 oz , $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon!

Starbuck's Reg. Coffee 16 oz, $2.10... $16.80 per gallon!

Lipton Ice Tea, 16 oz , $1.19 ... $9.52 per gallon!

Gatorade, 20 oz , $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon!

Ocean Spray, 16 oz , $1.25 .. $10.00 per gallon!

Brake Fluid, 12 oz , $3.15 .... $33.60 per gallon!

Vick's NyQuil, 6 oz , $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon!

Pepto Bismol, 4 oz, $3.85 . $123.20 per gallon!

Whiteout, 7 oz , $1.39 ......... $25.42 per gallon!

Scope, 1.5 oz , $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon!

And this is the REAL KICKER.

Evian water, 9 oz , $1.49 ...$21.19 per gallon!

$21.19 for a gallon of WATER!!

and the buyers don't even know the source!!

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why computer printers are so cheap?  So they can hook you for the ink.  Someone calculated the cost of the ink; you won't believe it but it's true:   $5,200 a gal.

$5,200 A GALLON!!!

So, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, NyQuil or, God forbid, Printer Ink!!!!!

May you be happy and well

• Like 3

I've seen this before and especially WATER.....I bring my own well water when I leave in the car.  Duh! 

As for Printer ink....when they send it up into the altitude where we live, it pressurizes.  According to that price, the quarter of a teaspoon that spews out [all over your office shirt if you aren't careful....ask me how DH knows] would be wasting ...uh.....thousands of dollars?  :faint3:  Plus the cost of the shirt.  [try soaking it in several changes of MILK.  Ink does come out ...if it's not so MUCH!]

MtRider  .....perspective can be skeerrry!  :behindsofa: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

As for Printer ink....when they send it up into the altitude where we live, it pressurizes.  According to that price, the quarter of a teaspoon that spews out [all over your office shirt if you aren't careful....ask me how DH knows] would be wasting ...uh.....thousands of dollars?

Umm...  Have you looked into the reloadable carts or a CIS?  No ink in them when bought, and you fill them at your atmospheric pressure.  No pressurization in shipment.  I admit I am spoiled in this, as we make our own specialty inks (MICR).  I get 'sticker shock' every time I look at standard carts, and what people are paying.  Last bulk of 'standard' ink, enough for six full refills, was under $30.  The refill carts were under $30 too. 

Milk works with most 'pigment' inks, like the majority of our HP brand printers, but not the dye inks (like our Brother brand printers).  I never found a good cleaner for those, best I have found is repeated lye washings with blueing.

As to the other things in this list, more 'sticker shock' for me.

Sarah  (memo to self, price out the Celestial Seasonings teas in bulk vs box)

9 hours ago, Sarah said:

No, not the generic refilled (which you can do yourself).  I mean the empty reloadable carts or a CIS.  Sorry if I was not clear. 

Sarah

I know I saw a printer at Sam's that came with little reservoirs of ink that you just fill instead of replacing cartridges.

• 1 month later...

I know, resurrecting an old thread, but I got a PM on this, requesting source for empty, ready to fill HP 950/951 carts.  eBay, Amazon, Jet, and others.  ALL OVER.  Depending on where you shop you can get some good deals, and bad.  In this case, price for the empty rechipped carts is $33, on eBay, a 'fair' price.  Bulk ink?  Same locations.  In this case, make sure it is 'pigment', not 'dye' ink, not 'universal'.  And get that 'side port' adapter for the syringe, about $3, makes these carts much easier to fill, and not so rough on the rubber seals from using syringes.