MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello?

Cat

Life gets so busy.  I know that FaceBook has taken more of the time that I used to spend here, but it gives me a connection with old classmates, mostly, that I've missed. Not that I was ever close to them 40+ years ago, but it's been interesting to "get to know them" all over again as adults.

But then I don't know if there's much I can do around here to help, any more. The vast amount of helpful  information  Is here, already, and  things are just different.

Any ideas on a way to reconnect and plug-in as a great group of friends here?  Even the "chat" tells me that I don't have permission to "chat" here.  Would it be fun to set up specific chat times again?    Create special posts to pull people in to talk?

I miss you. :hug3:

• Like 2

I have thought about a group chat too, Cat!  As you said, we are a busy people now.  Too bad.  I agree facebook has allowed me to re-connect with old friends and classmates, which re-connects me with my home town.  Maybe, if you schedule it, they will come!  :D

Any particular day or time that might be easier to plug in?  Week days, or weekends? 

Evenings are often better for me, but I'm on Eastern time and that might be a problem for some, right?  And hey, sometimes my afternoons are my "down times".  :) 

And we could set up more than one time so that people have a choice.  

(Now I gotta figure out the chat and other stuff!)  :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 8:54 PM, Midnightmom said:

You could set up a FaceBook closed "Group." Only those invited or requesting to join could get in, post, and read. 

That would be nice...I'm on Facebook quite often.

• Like 1

I created a Secret Group on Facebook called "Friends of MrsS" for those who wanted more flexibility to chat, etc. Only those invited can get in, and only those in it can post or see posts.

Shall we give it a try? I you want "in" PM me either your email addy or your FaceBook name/link.

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patricia.clayborn.1

Edited by Midnightmom

Great idea ladies, I will send you a message on FB. It will show up in Other Inbox, my name there is Christy Ten.

5 hours ago, Christy said:

Great idea ladies, I will send you a message on FB. It will show up in Other Inbox, my name there is Christy Ten.

I sent midnight mom your email this morning!  Hope we are both in the new group soon!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

I sent midnight mom your email this morning!  Hope we are both in the new group soon!

Thank you Miki, knowing how busy you are I appreciate you thought of it :)

• Like 1
On 6/25/2017 at 7:33 AM, Cat said:

Life gets so busy.  I know that FaceBook has taken more of the time that I used to spend here, but it gives me a connection with old classmates, mostly, that I've missed. Not that I was ever close to them 40+ years ago, but it's been interesting to "get to know them" all over again as adults.

But then I don't know if there's much I can do around here to help, any more. The vast amount of helpful  information  Is here, already, and  things are just different.

Any ideas on a way to reconnect and plug-in as a great group of friends here?  Even the "chat" tells me that I don't have permission to "chat" here.  Would it be fun to set up specific chat times again?    Create special posts to pull people in to talk?

I miss you. :hug3:

Cat (and anybody else who wants to "reconnect")......

I have set up a FaceBook Group called Friends of MrsS for just this very thing. You will NOT be able to find it by doing a search because it has been set up as a "Secret" group. This means you must be invited in and none of the posts will be public. 

We have set up the FIRST online chat for 2 PM Sunday, July 16

Contact me by PASTING this link into a browser window   https://www.facebook.com/patricia.clayborn.1 and sending a "friend" request. In your message tell me your screen name / user name for MrsS and I will add you to the group. If you are connected on FaceBook to Christy, dogmom4, gofish, snapshotmiki, or stephanie you may also ask one of them to add you to the group.

IMPORTANT: This group is in NO WAY intended to replace or become a substitute for involvement here at MrsS! It is only intended for that need to "chat" with old friends in a real time situation. Hope to see you there!

• Like 1
On 7/14/2017 at 7:54 PM, Midnightmom said:

To anyone who wants to be in the FaceBook Group: Either PM me (here) your email addy or send me a friend request on FB....Patricia Clayborn

COPY and Paste this into browser window:  https://www.facebook.com/patricia.clayborn.1 

Sent you a friend request on FB. It will be under my real name of course. When you get an opportunity I would like to be added to the FB group.  

Thank you

• Like 3