MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I lost a link and I am thinking somebody here might have it.

From pallet wood, canning jar totes.  3 x 4 jars, i.e. twelve jars per tote.  The link had the lumber dimensions for each jar size.  Right now we are using squared galvanized trays.  We have some pallets coming in, remembered the link, know I need more totes; but can not find the link/url.  Anybody?

Sarah

From your description, Sarah, I don't think this is what you're looking for....not portable. 

However, someone might be interested in this cabinet made especially to hold canning jars....made from pallet wood. 

http://www.99pallets.com/pallet-furniture/pallet-canning/

MtRider ...hope you find the project you're looking for....  :shrug:

• Like 1

I don't remember the topic but I found 3 interesting Youtube ideas.

I wish I could just post a Youtube link without the whole video popping up. :shrug:

Also a picture of making cardboard dividers. For some reason I never even thought about making my own dividers. They could also be made from thin wood. Maybe even balsa wood.

Dividers.jpg

• Like 1

I couldn't figure out how to store my jars. One day while cleaning clutter, I put them in a milk carton crate. It worked perfectly. I put a thin piece of wood over the first layer and am able to stack them.

I found this:

IMG_2650.JPG

Several goodies here.  Thank you!

The lost link was to plans, with the lumber dimensions, for the different size jars, with hard partitions.  I will keep looking and if I recover the link, I will pass it on.  I thought I had made a special note of it, the url I mean.

If not, I am thinking of making a 'universal' set of plans, using shims (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nelson-Wood-Shims-8-in-Homeowner-Pine-Shims-12-Piece-per-Bundle-10011703/301757723) for partitioning.  They would be smaller than what I saw, due to weight, say four galleon jar size, with partitions allowing for secure smaller jars.  The sides of the totes would be slotted to slide the shims in, one from each side, for a locking effect.  Much more sturdy than cardboard.  Or paint stir sticks, the long ones for five galleon buckets.  (http://www.homedepot.com/p/5-gal-Paint-Stick-3-Pack-PS5G-3/206871624)

The search continues!

Edited by Sarah
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That is the idea, but mine will have slip in partitions.  And some sort of handles.

That project has been put off.  It is Fair Season, and I am much too busy enforcing the rules, judging, (and mediating!)  But I got to take my man out to eat, and we got to laugh at the English antics at the 'demolition derby'. 

Sarah

• Like 1