MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Before and after

Starting a new homestead takes longer than we thought. We're goal-oriented, but maybe age is getting to us.  Ten months into this journey has stretched us.   :0327:   Our one beehive is now three so we've added flower gardens for them. After watching the 5-acre meadow explode with wildflowers this summer, I remembered that God takes care of them better than I do.  :happy0203:  We have lots of bottom land soil in piles from the digging of the pond decades ago. The utility company wanted to bring a 3-phase line through the property and chose to dig a pond and dam instead of dealing with the swampy area. We're much appreciative as we have fresh water coming from a small stream, fishing, water for the orchard and plenty of bottom-land piles of soil to work with.  :hapydancsmil: 

Here's one of our first projects. DH brought loads and loads of soil to our front yard this Spring to help with building a raised bed. The flower garden is so productive, I can't deadhead the flowers until the bees and butterflies head home at night. It's great seeing hundreds of bumblebees too. They're more in danger of extinction than the honeybee.

P1030320.JPG

P1030504.JPG

• Like 4