MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pulling out the Water Bath Canner

The Colorado peach truck was in town this week and I made my yearly purchase of peaches and pears. Last year I froze peaches and made peach butter. This year I am canning both peaches and pears. Was hoping to do them over the weekend but they were still too green so I will be doing a box a night this week.  

• Like 3

Well last night we didn't get to can. Had to re-plumb the master bathroom sink. But tonight we have 6 quarts in the canner. I thought my waterbath canner only had 6 quarts but it holds seven so we have an empty jar in there to keep them from bouncing around. Tomorrow night we will do seven jars. Getting 4-5 diced up peaches per jar.  Probably by the time the peaches are done the pears will be ripe enough to can. 

• Like 1

Peaches are done! :hapydancsmil: Now on to the pears. They are not as easy to deal with as the peaches - dunk the peaches in hot water then ice water and the skin comes right off. Pears have to peel. But that is ok they look so purrrrddeeeee:cele:

• Like 2