MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

Pacemaker Needed

I've been getting dizzy/lightheaded recently. Reported it to my cardiologist. Had a complete blood count and 24 hr Haltar test. Dizziness is not related to potassium levels. Heart rate is an average of 48 bpm with an occasional drop to 35 bpm. Cardiologist is setting up date for pacemaker surgery. Will let you know more once I know when it will be. Not really looking forward to it, but my primary was "excited" about it. He said, "You will have sooooo much more energy."

The doc is very skilled at this, does it "all the time." But I think surgery is still scary!

I agree!  Any surgery is scary to me.  I do hope it will improve your life and give you more energy!  Please keep us updated!

HOpe it all goes well for you.  The PM should help.

Please keep us updated because you know the prayers will flow! I hope the procedure will make your life so much better.  :hug3:

Thank you everyone. I haven't heard from the doc's office yet about when the procedure will be scheduled. I imagine it won't be for a week or two out since I will have to stop taking my blood thinner before then. Will keep you updated.

• Thanks 2

Gotta love that hurry up and wait....but that leave more time for prayers.  And the more, the better!

Just saw this post and am wondering how things are going now.         Did they decide if you need a pacemaker or not yet?? 

I just posted about mine along with some more on Old Pine.        This will be my 3rd pacemaker.      I am so glad that the dr. that is going to do this one is the Doctor who put in both of the other two.  

It is scary, but, I don't want to be a vegetable and that is just what I would be without the pace maker.  

Please let us know how things are going now.  

Praying for you.  

Just finished the second course of antibiotics on Fri (the 13th!  :D ) Will go to the lab tomorrow (Mon) and give a new sample. Should hear from Dr's office by Wed, Thurs at the latest. I don't hold out much hope for having eliminated the UTI.......it seems like a chronic condition with me. :gdtmi::sorry:

Will definitely let you know when the procedure is scheduled. Thank you for asking. <3

• Like 2

Please let us know how things are going. 

Praying for you. 

I am home from getting number 3 pace maker, I came home Tuesday afternoon.     I had it put in about 9:30 and was home by noon.  :)    They don't keep you in long now days.      But, with the first one you will probably be in for a couple days.  

:pray:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.