MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Midnightmom

Pacemaker Needed

Cardiologist's office called today. There is STILL "some sort of infection" showing up in the urinalysis. They will be sending all lab reports to my Primary and want me to follow up with him to try and figure out WHAT is going on and HOW to eliminate it before he will schedule procedure. I guess the idea of staying in the hosp overnight on an IV antibiotic was no longer an option for him (for whatever reason). So, no pacemaker in the immediate future. It will be interesting to see/figure out WHAT infection is causing all of this trouble.

BTW, Snowmom.....they said in and out in the SAME day! (Once I actually get scheduled for it).

Glad your #3 went smoothly, Snowmom.  How long do they usually last?

MtRider  :pray:   for Midnight

Edited by Mt_Rider

Good morning,

Midnightmom, I am so sorry they aren't getting it done faster.       Wow, that is hard to believe that it is in and out the same day with a first time pace maker.  

My first one lasted 12 years and about 5 months, the second one lasted only 9 years and 3 months.        The first one they told me might last 7 - 10 years, the second one 5 - 7 years so they really did good.   :)         The second one really stopped working in the top chamber on September 14th and the bottom one was keeping me going.      So, maybe it should have been only 9 years and 2 months.        Not everyone with pace makers have two lead wires but, I do.     Now, that may be the difference in the amount of time that one stays with the first one, I don't really know.  

I see my doctor this afternoon and will find out if I am able to do everything again.      As when you get it put in, you can't do a lot for a while.    You can't reach above your head, you can't pick up only so much weight and so on.      Each doctor is different as is each person.         

With me it wasn't a matter of you can wait for a while, as I was flat lining a lot, every little bit in fact, about every 2 minutes or so.     I was one that was a do it NOW.      I had a temp put in that afternoon and the next morning the first one was put in.   

Oh, by the way, when you do get it changed, you can keep the one they take out if you ask for it.    :)         I now have two pace makers in my dresser.   :)      

Praying for you Midnightmom.            

8 hours ago, Snowmom said:

Oh, by the way, when you do get it changed, you can keep the one they take out if you ask for it.  

WHY would I want to do that???

Just to see what they look like.    :)     

I have kept both of mine.       It makes a different topic to talk about when you show it to people.        Some people just don't understand at all what they look like and this has helped them understand.      

You just take care of you now.      

I do hope you will be able to get yours soon.  

:)

Primary doc had a "colony count" lab performed on my urine sample. It appears that I have an 'escherichia coli' bladder infection.  This is what I have been able to find about that:

Urinary tract infections typically occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder. Although the urinary system is designed to keep out such microscopic invaders, these defenses sometimes fail. When that happens, bacteria may take hold and grow into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract.

The most common UTIs occur mainly in women and affect the bladder and urethra.

• Infection of the bladder (cystitis). This type of UTI is usually caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli), a type of bacteria commonly found in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. 
  • All women are at risk of cystitis because of their anatomy — specifically, the short distance from the urethra to the anus and the urethral opening to the bladder.
  • After menopause, a decline in circulating estrogen causes changes in the urinary tract that make you more vulnerable to infection.
  • Diabetes and other diseases that impair the immune system can increase the risk of UTIs.

Urinary tract infections aren't usually serious, but they can be dangerous if the bacteria make their way into the kidneys. Left untreated, a kidney infection (which is considered a UTI) can cause permanent kidney damage and even deadly blood poisoning.

If your infection is not treated, it can move from the lower urinary tract to the upper urinary tract and infect the kidney itself, and possibly, enter the bloodstream, causing septicemia. 

So now I am on Augmentin for 14 days, then get retested.

• Like 1

image.png

I do hope you are able to get one soon.    :)   

:pray:  for you.     

image.png

image.png

Pacemaker now scheduled for THIS THURSDAY, Dec 14th!

Getting labs done today; please pray that the UTI that has been causing me delays has NOT reappeared and that the procedure can proceed as scheduled. 

Thank you. <3

Definitely praying that all will proceed and all will be well. 

How long do you stay in hospital for this type of procedure?

MtRider  :pray: 

On 12/11/2017 at 11:19 AM, Mt_Rider said:

Definitely praying that all will proceed and all will be well. 

How long do you stay in hospital for this type of procedure?

MtRider  :pray: 

In and out in 6 hours!

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 1

I'm praying for you too, Midnight Mom.  Hoping all goes well and you soon feel much, much better!:pray:

DELAYED AGAIN. :(

THis time due to an outbreak of "inverted acne." Have a bleeding lesion so I went to see my GYN the day before the pacemaker was scheduled. He took a swab of the blood and sent it to the lab to rule out a MRSA infection. Am currently taking Doxycycline for 10 days. See my GYN again on Jan 9th.  for confirmation that the lesion is closed. On a good note, the pre-op labs and urinalysis for this procedure came back "clean"........no UTI detected.

Medical name for the "acne" is hidradenitis suppurativa (in case you wanted to look it up. :D  )

• Sad 1

On 12/13/2017 at 12:20 PM, Midnightmom said:

In and out in 6 hours!

Oh well shoot!  I misunderstood and thot you'd had it done.  Course you said Thursday and that post was Wednesday...... :whistling: I haven't been keeping days of the week straight for some time now.   

Phoooey!  Thot you were done.  :(

OK...back to praying that all the other side stuff will GO AWAY and you CAN have this done!  :pray:

:amen: on the UTI gone!

MtRider  ....hang in there a bit longer... 

I too thought you had gotten it done.   :(      

Will keep praying for you.    

Thank you for the update.   

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.