MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need lots of prayers

Hubby has been out of work for over a year now. We were doing ok until I had to take a cut in pay three months ago. Now we REALLYYYYYYY need for him to find a job. He has applied for a couple of jobs here at the prison, not as a guard but  other positions out there. I am asking for prayer for him to get one. I would like for him to have the one in maintenance since it pays more, but we would take the mail room and not complain. Things are beyond tight right now, pennies are running when they see me come. Not only would the financial burden be relieved but it has benefits. Something my job does not have.

Praying for a new job for your DH. :pray:

I understand how stressful it can be. :hug3:

When my son moved, he had a terrible time finding a job. He resorted to creating his own landscape business. They were very fortunate in many ways though. They already knew a lot of people there, so he got all of the business he could handle from spring through fall. His wife has a pretty good job so between the two of them they were able to stay afloat. She had to keep working for now to keep benefits as she became pregnant. After 2 years he has finally found a job. Praise the Lord. One good thing was he was able to keep the baby during the day and when she came home at 3:00pm he was able to go out and do his job. Most of last winter he was a stay at home dad. He's thinking about keeping his business next year too. At least some of it.

He sure isn't lazy but sometimes you just can't seem to catch a break.  Before the baby came, he did find a couple of jobs through a 'head hunter' placement type place but most were temporary and not very local. It cost more in gas and wear and tear on the car than it was worth. Plus they were all 3rd. shift work and included all weekends. Pregnant wife was not happy. So his landscaping saved their bacon.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mt3 - I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this.  I agree with Jeepers about the landscape business.  Anything to help fill in the gaps until he finds permanent employment would be great.  Other self-employment opportunities might be sitting with the elderly while regular caregivers run errands, handyman, delivery services (groceries, pizza, auto stores), uber driver, pet sitter and/or walker for full-time workers, etc.  None of these will make a house payment, except maybe the landscape business, but the nice thing is that they are mostly cash based businesses.  

Praying that things start looking up for you!

• Like 1

Nothing ... nada...nope nothing new to update.

He is still putting in applications. We are praying about moving. I really don't want to move to a large city but we are going to have to go where there is work. The oil field is shut down here which is making other jobs fold up and leave. Landscaping used to be an option but hubby has problems with his back. He has nothing between the S1, L5 & L4. So pick up heavy stuff and bending is limited.

Please continue your prayers.