MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Quick update

WormGuy

Things have not been as I had hoped in the last several months. My wife has now had neck surgery due to two disk pushing against her spinal cord. There is a fifteen percent chance of improvement in her mobility which is all but gone. She is now is transitional care trying to get some strength back. It has been recommended that she go into a nursing home due to the lack of her ability to take care of herself. In a nutshell about the only thing she can do is feed herself. I thank everyone who has been praying and ask that you continue. I'll try to drop by more often.

:wormie2:

John

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Thank you for checking in WormGuy. We have all been thinking about you and your dear wife. I wish it was with better news though. I'm so sorry you are both going through this. Sending up strengthening prayers and gentle hugs!  Remember, we are all here for you if you need to talk.

:pray:   :hug3:   :pray:   :hug3:

My sis had some similar type surgery and it took her nearly a year to get on her feet...but get on her feet she did!  She's got enough "cement"  in her spine to pave a driveway, but she now is able to drive, dance and do gentle exercise.  Nobody thought she'd ever walk again.  They even said she'd be in a wheelchair if she didn't have the surgery..so that's why she had it done.  Father God, in Jesus' name...You know these needs...amen.

• Like 1

I hope your wife can get some relief.  Health issues are about the worst thing there is.

I sympathize since I just found out last week that my back is shot too.  At least I am still somewhat mobile.  I can't imagine how hard it is for you both to cope.  I will be thinking and praying for you both.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Things have not improved yet but it is still too soon. We got a letter today from the hospital stating that she has a 4mm nodule on her left lung. It could be cancer and it could not be. She has to follow up with her Dr. on Tuesday. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with and go through.

John

• Sad 2

Aww, Wormie.  So sorry you're going thru this.....so hard.  Makes the days all blurry and you feel like you've moved to a different planet.  That's how I've felt when DH was so ill at different times.  Praying that MrsW will come thru this and gain her health/strength back!  And that you will be sustained during this time of intense ....everything.  :(

MtRider  (((Wormie)))  :pray:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's the latest. I had to get her to the hospital Saturday. She has a UTI & her Potassium was low which made her act like a zombie. She remembers nothing about last Saturday. The meds are working so she is getting over it. Home health started today with 4 people coming in for evaluations. They will be coming twice a week until the end of the January. I have hired a nurse's aide to help 3-4 days a week for a few hours also. I guess we wait to see what everyone recommends after all of this is over. I want to thank everyone again for their well wishes & prayers. There is still a long way to go, but one step at a time. At least I now feel I will have the information needed to make the right decisions when the time comes.

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!

John

• Sad 2

Prayers still going out for you both.  It is amazing what we don't know until we run into 'situations'......and how many choices simply cannot be made correctly without that information.  A LOT easier after you know the territory better!  DH and I feel like we've been playing catch-up for half this year...  I hear ya, Wormie!!!

MtRider  :pray: