MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mt_Rider

Darlene's brother....

OK, I didn't check with Darlene but I think she'd want y'all praying for her brother.  They thot J had a heart attack but it's actually Blood Clots.  Yes, that's plural.  DH had ONE blood clot in lung and you all know how much pain/disability that has caused us.  The clots are in his leg and have also lodged in his lung(s).  In the lung, it's called P.E.  ....pulmonary embolism. 

Just a point of information: if a clot goes to brain it causes stroke and to heart, it causes heart attack/etc.....in lung, clots could cause death by lack of O2.

So J is in ICU .....and if it follows the pattern of our DD1 [Dr said she had the 'motherlode' of clots!] , they will have him completely immobilized for at least a week.  Giving time for blood thinners to work on the clots.  Those danged things can be inches long inside the blood vessels.  And if the one(s) in leg get loose....no one can predict where it will lodge.  These are very very dangerous.....as we came to realize.  DH's clot is probably not gonna break loose and go elsewhere by this time.... :pray:  But J has one/some in leg and it could migrate.  

However, it's really good news that he's survived the first minutes....hours....couple days now, of this event. 

I know Darlene would appreciate your prayers for her brother. 

MtRider  :pray: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
typo
  • Sad 1

Darn PE nearly killed my DH.  Definitely praying!

I'm sorry to hear about this and will be praying for him.  

He's still in hospital.   They're watching things.  Want to put a filter in his vein to keep the clot from moving...  But other factors need to be stable first.

Sheesh.  I typed out 2 replies to this thread and the hurricane thread from my phone yesterday and when I looked later, for some reason they didn't post.

My brother did have a heart attack...they had to bring him back 4 or 5 times.  He's had several surgeries for the blood clots in his legs and lungs and a few days ago, they shocked his heart to get it back into rhythm, which was successful.  They put a vena cava filter in to break up any remaining blood clots and to prohibit any in the future from reaching his brain or heart.

The good news is that my dad is on his way to pick him up from the hospital.  He's been in for almost 2 weeks so I'm sure he's looking forward to getting home.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  The physical side of things was scary but even more so is his salvation so if y'all would keep that in your prayers, I know my family would be very grateful.

Well, that's even worse than I'd heard/understood.  Glad to know they got that 'seive' in the vein.  :amen:   Will pray that the Holy Spirit makes Himself so evident to him that he can't resist!  He's certainly been thru enough to be paying attention.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.