MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

• 2 months later...

Good thing we were stocked up with our medicinal herbs etc., 'cause the creeping crud came creeping again this year ... but not nearly as bad.  We knew pretty much what to do right off the bat.  Guess you just can't avoid being around people who have it and perhaps don't even know it?  One thing I did learn (new for me anyway) is that when my throat felt like it was on fire, I put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a small plastic cup and gargled a couple of times.  Instantly the fire went away.  So when the coughing started irritating my throat, I just gargled and found instant relief.  Made a new batch of elderberry syrup just in time too!  Only this time I added some mullein leaf and echinacia to the mixture...as well as the "hootch"...LOL

• Like 2

Sorry you two have been hit, WE2!  Felt like I was about to get hit and started taking a shot of fire cider yesterday, today also.  Raining and real cold (for southwestern Mississippi).  That doesn't help!  Hope you are better soon!

18 hours ago, The WE2's said:

*SNIP*  Made a new batch of elderberry syrup just in time too!  Only this time I added some mullein leaf and echinacia to the mixture...as well as the "hootch"...LOL

We2 is a Hootchie Momma.   :24:

I saw somewhere where someone said they put a Hall's or Riccola type lemon/honey cough drop in a cup of hot tea to help sooth the throat. I don't know if it works or not but with the hot tea it would probably feel good. And taste good too.

• Like 2

We're feeling pretty good, and the coughing has pretty much subsided.  I cough more because I still have tonsils and adenoids?  Anyway...just keep swigging away at the elderberry syrup and a cough drop when needed.  I did take some "mucous relief" a day or so ago to help get the "gunk" on up and out of me! LOL