MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsSurvival 10/13/17

Annarchy

First, I'd like toTHANK Darlene and Invision Community for all their help getting our forum back on-line.

And, I'd like to  THANK all our members for being patient.  

We exceeded our allotted space on the server by over a GB.  Wow!  They suggested we "trim" the site by 1.5 GB.  In other words, delete old posts.  That was not an option, because of all the information we have stored on our site.

Again, thank you all for being so patient with us.

:bighug2:

• Like 3

Yeah, never a dull moment around here.  We had used GoDaddy to host our site for many, many years.  Yesterday, I got an email saying that we were over our quota so they had turned off our site.  There was no warning, no notice, they just turned it off.  I got ahold of Annarchy and she called them but they were unwilling to work with us at all.  They wouldn't let us upgrade our package or anything except spent $1500/month on a dedicated server that would have had nobody else but us on it.

Forget that.

Thankfully, the people that designed our message board program also have hosting packages so we decided to move MrsS to a new server with a new company.  The good news is that instead of only having 1gb allowance, we now have 5gb allowance so we have plenty of room to grow.

Sorry about the site interruption, but as I said, we had no fore warning and no time to let anyone know before they shut the site down.

A very special and heartfelt thank you to Annarchy for always getting us through these rough spots.  Hopefully, all the hassels we've had with GoDaddy in the past are over for her.

It feels so good to have MrsS back online :)

• Like 5

thank you, thank you, thank you!  I was getting worried.....but I figured someone was working behind the scenes.....

If I remember correctly Vic, Annarchy and I discussed doing that but it would have been an incredibly laborious job...and then the question arose, "Which ones do we archive or not?" so we decided to just move the whole kit and caboodle!

• Like 3