MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Momo

Amazon

I must be the only person in America who is not in love with this company. My son says they have Prime and order over a $1,000 a month from them with no problems. 

The last time I ordered from them I ordered 3 articles and they came spread out over a 2 week period.  All were delivered scattered at different places in our garage, front porch and barn. I ordered 5 things Sunday night with free regular shipping (not prime),  According to my confirmation e-mail they have yet to ship a single item.  Geez!  Fortunately I was not counting on quick receipt due to my previous experiences.

We have Prime (or, more correctly, we are part of the "family" on somebody else's, so we get the free 2-day shipping and Prime pricing without actually paying for Prime).  Even when we weren't on Prime, we'd generally get things within a week or so...but the holidays are crazy.  This time of year, they definitely prioritize the Prime packages.  They like to ship things last minute, but they do generally show up on time.  If things aren't delivered by the time Amazon says they should be, they'll generally refund the shipping or put a credit on your account if you contact them and complain.  Where things are delivered has more to do with the delivery service than Amazon.  You can contact UPS or Fedex and ask them to put a note on your address telling the delivery person where to leave things.  It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.  

Sounds like an issue with the delivery people and not Amazon.

Also, sometimes some things are sold through Amazon but are actually fulfilled by a second party. I've had that happen to me quite a few times and they usually take longer and arrive separately.

I buy a lot at Amazon because they usually have what I'm looking for.

This time my problem is with Amazon.  They didn't even ship the items for nearly a week. 

I know since I took free standard shipping it wouldn't be fast but I didn't expect it be so slow. I bought a book and a Fire tablet. The tablet took over a week and the book took 11 days. They came separately. BTW DH is thrilled with his tablet.  He has been using my ancient laptop and it was taking forever.  He only uses You tube to watch science type lectures and the Fire is great and fast for that.  We are on a very tight budget so I appreciated the 49$ sale price.

• Like 2

We ordered shoes last week online. It took a week and a half to get them, which I thought was ok. My husband likes to order items online, which helps in the  cold weather. I can't say I enjoy going shopping, I usually go with a list and get it done as quickly as possible, but I don't like ordering online more. I like to see and touch what I am buying. I don't know if I will ever be able to adjust to shopping online. I know I am not the norm, but I really hate to see stores closing.

• Like 2

Was just reading this morning about Walmart shipping....free ovef $35 and 2 day delivery .....and no yearly fee.  They don't have as many [millions] of items as Amazon but ....I'm thinking with me not able to drive, it might be worth looking at.

MtRider  :shopping: 

• Like 3

I don't like to buy clothes on line because they never seem to fit. It seems like every style or company size differently. I do shop Amazon a lot for other things though because I can get things there that I can't find locally and usually cheaper. That isn't always a good thing though because I see things that I didn't know I 'needed'.   :D

Before I got Prime, I would park items in my wish list until I had enough to get the free shipping. That was when you had to have $49.00 to get free shipping. Glad they lowered it. 

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.