MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

2018 GOALS AND RESOLUTIONS

I'll go first.  With goals.

1. Get closer to God

2. Get myself healthier

3. Practice shooting and get CCW

4. Take a CPR and First aid class

5. Have Wills made

I certainly don't know how far I will get but maybe we should check back in every 3 months or so.  More often if desired with progress updates (my thoughts anyway)

• Like 2

Well as usual I got a little carried away. If I just get half of it done it will be monumental. Checking back in is a good idea to stay focused. I'm going to print out my list to help keep on track and not forget.

Lose 15 pounds. More would be nice.
Exercise at least once a week. No pressure.
Start taking my meds as prescribed. I forget.
Get my teeth checked.
Get my eyes checked.

Clear out all useless junk in my house.
Deep clean my house.
Clean out the garage.
Clean out the basement.
Paint the inside of my house.
Recover the floors. Tile, carpet or wood.
Replace 2 bathroom sinks.
Replace 1 bathroom fan.
Repair hall ceiling from water damage.

Replace all old appliances.

Hire someone to dispose of all heavy junk in my house.
Hire someone to replace 5 light fixtures inside
Hire same someone to replace 4 light fixtures outside.
Hire the house trim painted outside.
Hire someone to help landscape my yard.
Hire someone to put a rail around my front porch.
Maybe get another fence.
Maybe get a pergola installed over my back patio.

Get house 'sale ready'.
Try to buy a house in Indiana.

• Like 2

They're doing the Daniel Plan at church, and I'm kind of combining it with the 21-Day Sugar Detox from Diane Sanfilippo.

Actual (main) goals - there's a bunch of subgoals involved in everything:

1. Stick to an eating plan for more than 3 weeks.
  2. Go backpacking.  This will include subgoals of actually being in good enough shape to go backpacking and getting everything prepared.
  3. Make praying a normal everyday activity.
  4. Figure out what I'll be good at and start doing it.
  • Like 3

Wow, Jeepers!  Your list scares me to look at!  LOL  I look forward to seeing how far any of us get in our endeavors!  

Backpacking sounds like a good goal with all that goes with it, CG!  

I should have put --off internet more--

• Like 1

Thank you for starting this!

My Goals

1. declutter the house and grounds (this is a BIG project)

2. make a household inventory on video and paper

3. organize the Garden Notebook (several years worth of data, probably more than one notebook i.e. past years & current year)

4. organize my recipe notebook

5. take an online class, or more than one- just something that interests me

6. exercise to get in better shape (aerobic, flexibility, strength, endurance)

I can go on and on but that's probably more then enough! I would like to post an update weekly if I can remember and if I have time.

• Like 3

Re-fence, cross-fence, and map out the features of the property, including keeper trees and patches.  Put my potted trees in the ground, except the babies that need extra babying.  Hold onto the job.  Don't get hurt again.  Select a place for a walpini and hugelkultur spots.

• Like 3

I think the primary goal for both DH and I will be to  1)  regain as much health as we can.  Some secondary goals like eating right [sugar control]  and balancing DH's meds.  Surgery?  Recovery from major surgery?????  [don't know yet]

We already do exercise .....XXL dog who needs walks daily X2 take care of that. ....feeding all of the critters.....15 stairs between laundry and house......15 stairs between 'I need another can of tomatoes' and kitchen....  [the PT person who assessed my disability last spring said "Good grief!  You LIVE in a gym!'  Yeah, got that covered. 

IF we can reacquire our energy, the next goal would be  2)   organizing/sorting/sifting our STUFF [and sanitize garage - move stuff back from Circus Tent!!!!].  Can't begin to do that when you're constantly

:imoksmiley: :runcirclsmiley2:  :0327:  :runcirclsmiley2::mornincoffee:  :runcirclsmiley2:

There is no goal-setting in this world that can prevent the necessity of "putting out the fires" that crash into our lives.  The past 7 months have been just that.  Seriously tho.....we're old enough not to really run in circles screaming at each "fireball" that's heading our way.  One might call it maturity.  ...... <_<  or one might call it Fatigue-Induced-Apathy.  It's more like  :groooansmileyf: than :runcirclsmiley2:

;)

None of this....life itself....is possible without God!  HE gets us through, guiding, advising, caring more about us than we can comprehend.  :amen: 

....that's all I can see right now for 2018.  Perhaps in a month or two, some LARGE stones will have been rolled away and we might be in a more normal life of  :dishes:  :clothesline:  :dusting:  :cook:  :feedme: ........oh WAIT.  We have to do all those things tooooooooo....  :buttercup: 

MtRider  .....still hanging on by our fingernails for now.  :amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 4

No goals...just these "intended accomplishments" :  1) Finish bathroom remodel at homestead 2) move to homestead and 3) sell this place.  I did get the refrigerator cleaned out, shelves washed and lined with Glad Press and Seal ...makes cleaning shelves EZ.  Just remove foods, pull out press and seal liner, wipe off with vinegar water, dry, replace with new press and seal, put food back in and the job's done! 

• Like 2
On 1/4/2018 at 8:17 PM, Daylily said:

Weekly Update

I exercised every morning this week! Other than that nothing toward these goals. However, we DID get Mom's house clean and ready for the buyers. The closing is Jan 15 but they are coming for the weekend to move some things in. This will be a vacation home for them. DD1 came and spent the week with us and was SO much help on this and some other projects, We hate to see her go home today but I'm sure she and her DH will be happy. :)

My Goals

1. declutter the house and grounds (this is a BIG project)

2. make a household inventory on video and paper

3. organize the Garden Notebook (several years worth of data, probably more than one notebook i.e. past years & current year)

4. organize my recipe notebook

5. take an online class, or more than one- just something that interests me

6. exercise to get in better shape (aerobic, flexibility, strength, endurance)

I can go on and on but that's probably more then enough! I would like to post an update weekly if I can remember and if I have time.

• Like 2

So, I sprained my ankle the day I wrote my goals out up there.

I've successfully kept a food log since January 1.

I've done my devotional every day since January 1 (that's a small miracle in and of itself, as I tend to forget that I'm doing them!).

I've been doing more walking, even with a sprain (one of these days I need to see somebody who knows what they're doing and figure out if I have connective tissue issues going on).

• Like 3

I have been eating better and had doc appt. Monday.  My numbers must still be normal as I have not heard from him.  My steps are up a little but not much.  That is about it.  Weekly update may be too often for me as this is for the long haul but I will chime in when I get somewhere.

• Like 2

I signed up for the class Rocket 2018 at this website https://www.fastmissions.com

It covers goal setting, planning, priorities, focus, clarity, etc.

I am on Day 3 and I've already learned more than from any other goal setting articles I've ever read. He makes it so simple! I understood that each reading was supposed to come as a daily email but they haven't. I found them by looking at the Student Comments.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I finished the Rocket class and loved it! DS and the two DDs are working on it now.

I organized the Garden Notebook this week. I put all the previous years in a notebook and then fixed a small notebook for the current year.  I have continued to declutter at least something every day.

• Like 2

Miki, I wanted to mention that Nolo Press, which used to have wonderful fill-in-the-blank will kits in booklet form, still has some highly regarded will-making software.  It's no longer $19, of course.

• Like 1

Thanks, Ambergris!  I haven't looked into a will yet.  Next Wednesday on my way back from my haircut, I will stop at the local range and check prices and classes.  Tomorrow, I will call the local fire dept. to ask about first aid and cpr classes.  For us at this time, getting prices comes first so I can figure out when I can pay for it.  We had a bit of a set back recently when the electric bill that will come out of the account in March was more than twice what is coming out this month.  It was very cold for a good period but yikes!!!  Not gonna let that happen again but even once has set us back a little.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

We had a bit of a set back recently when the electric bill that will come out of the account in March was more than twice what is coming out this month.  It was very cold for a good period but yikes!!!  Not gonna let that happen again but even once has set us back a little.

Will your power company allow you to spread the payments for that bill over 2-3 months? (I've had to do something similar with my power bill in the past. Your company may not allow it, but it worth looking in to.)