MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Storm a’Comin

Annarchy

Wow!

It’s really windy, the temp has dropped and DH’s watch says the barometer is dropping like a lead weight.  Thunder & lightning to the NNW of us.

Usually, the storms that hit us like this hit the mid US with a vengeance. 

People are are dying in CA from flash flood and mud slides, are you OK MidnightMom?

Mt_Rider, how have you fared?

They are saying we are gonna get rain AND snow - in the mountains.

Winter just hit.....

oh!  it’s now raining......

:wacko: 

But I would really like to see moisture here.  As much of a pain as it is to remove, we NEED moisture.  Choking on dust that fills our whole valley.  Do not want fires.... 

Haven't seen a flake of snow or drop of moisture in weeks.  Send us some, Annarchy!  :thumbs: 

My friend in MO has had baaad ICE.  Whole highways full of stuck or smashed vehicles.  Fortunately her dh can work from home on computer. 

MtRider   :pc_coffee:

We had the 60's yesterday then COLD rain/ice today and this evening.  Right now everything that was wet is froze...dry ice!  Tomorrow some of it "might" thaw, but it's doubtful since the high will only be in the low 20's.  If there's some sun, it may melt some of it?

The wind was bad enough on Wednesday that my FIL got to the end of our street (he lives on it, too), pulled over on the side, and sat there because he couldn't see a thing.  When the wind died down and he could see again, there was a truck in his lane facing the wrong direction that he hadn't seen because there was so much dirt in the air.  Yesterday was still windy, but not that bad.  

Skip the first video on this page and scroll down to them releasing the weather balloon: http://www.newswest9.com/story/37247943/video-of-weather-balloon-launch-in-midland-receives-lots-of-digital-views

On 1/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, Annarchy said:

People are are dying in CA from flash flood and mudslides, are you OK MidnightMom?

The heavy rain and mudslides are happening in southern CA (Los Angeles area), I am north of Sacramento--not happening here. Thanks for asking and for being concerned. <3

• Like 3

Sitting here waiting on the next cold front to hit.  Should be any time now....

I've got meals planned & purchased through Thursday morning so I don't have to leave the house unless I have a job interview or something.  Should be not freezing on Wednesday so we can go to church.