MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flu 2018

TheCG

So many people are sick this year. They say it isn't just the flu but also another virus going around that is worse. Just in time for the masses to descend on Minnesota for the Super Bowl. I read where they are taking lots of precautions with disinfectants etc.

Anyone have any experience with those UV (or what ever they are) light wands? They are supposed to kill germs. :shrug:

We're still taking our usuals...vitamin supplements, C, B12, Tumeric, Moringa, Potassium. Selenium and Cal/Mag.  Also using plenty of course black pepper in our foods (makes Tumeric work) and then I use liquid Iodine drops in a glass of water (for Thyroid)l.  Then we drink Beet powder juice, eat yogurt with granola and a tablespoon of Elderberry syrup (nomemade) with a kick.  The Neti pot and of course Oregano oil.  We were out and about today so we'll be Neti potting shortly :-)  Went to the bank today and the teller was saying that the doctors offices and emergency rooms were being unindated with parents bringing in sick kids carrying trash baskets because of the projectile vomiting.  The very worst place to have to go these days is a doctors office or emergency room!  We chug-a-lug whatever we must to stay healthy! 

So, sinus report: everything is still coming out clear, so I'm at least fending off the infection so far.  Still highly pressurized.  Using all my normal crap listed up above, plus a saline spray with colloidal silver added.  I don't do the sinus rinses when my sinuses are getting cranky, 'cause I don't want to push any infection further in.

TheCG ------->  :hug3:  and anyone else who need one!

Last time I was in Indy I bought two bottles of Pedialite (sp) for the baby. Parents didn't understand my thinking but went along with a crazy worry wart grandma. I told them it was just in case the baby started spewing from either end, in the middle of the night, to keep him hydrated. Fast forward... last night son and I were talking about this flu going around and he said DIL got the Pedialite (sp) and baby Tylenol on stand by just in case. 

I wish they would give him a baby multi vitamin but she said they are full of fillers and dyes and stuff so she won't get them.

55 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

I wish they would give him a baby multi vitamin but she said they are full of fillers and dyes and stuff so she won't get them.

Have them check around and see if there is a "diabetic" version. Lots of time they are made w/o the sugars & dyes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

TheCG ------->  :hug3:  and anyone else who need one!

Last time I was in Indy I bought two bottles of Pedialite (sp) for the baby. Parents didn't understand my thinking but went along with a crazy worry wart grandma. I told them it was just in case the baby started spewing from either end, in the middle of the night, to keep him hydrated. Fast forward... last night son and I were talking about this flu going around and he said DIL got the Pedialite (sp) and baby Tylenol on stand by just in case. 

Wait, she'll give the baby Pedialyte, but not a multi?  I'm guessing she hasn't read the ingredients on the Pedialyte yet...or tasted it.

1 hour ago, TheCG said:

Oh, and I did something brilliant.  Finally cleaned out and set up the humidifier that goes by my bed!

We've had ours on in the front room, but sometimes it can't keep the level at 50%, the furnace runs so much when it's soooo cold :-(  Hair is full of electricity every time you comb or brush...LOL

23 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I know TheCG. I know. Sigh. I try to pick my battles though. Hopefully the ones I can win. I'll check out those vitamins. If I lived over there...  :ph34r:   

Will she give him vitamin enriched orange juice for toddlers?

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I thought I had escaped the flu and then came down with it mid April!  :(  It's taken 3+ weeks to get to feeling fully better.  I have been taking Vit C & Vit D+K, magnesium and some other supplements.  I added elderberry syrup, oscillocium and throat coat tea when I got sick.   Hopefully, the flu season is almost over.  Geesh!

• Sad 1