MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Ambergris

Grey Cat Garth

Made an appointment with yet another crew to bring out their machinery and blitz a couple of the overgrown nooks and crannies.  They will be here Tuesday, which I am taking off work.  Nothing got planted today because neither Crew One nor Crew Two showed up.  At.  All.  

The rose and pomegranate cuttings did get trimmed and put in cups of water with dilute rooting hormone, one labeled cup per kind, and stashed in the screen porch.  I'll add dirt tomorrow.

• Like 2

So I paid a deposit on a new bush-hogging crew and 12 hours later  the first guy--long missing--called and said he was ready to come back to finish up.

Crew Two did not show up.  That's three full days missing without responding to messages.

Crew One is making great progress.  The heavy duty weed-whacker has been repaired, the back yard is being whacked, the banana ring has been dug and the bananas all planted, the compost bin (in the center of the banana ring) has been set up,  the potatoes and elephant garlic have been planted, some of the azaleas have been destroyed,  and the gravel is about to be shoveled into the dip in the driveway.

• Like 3

Also, several dozen pomegranate cuttings have been set in cups with home-stirred potting soil to root, along with some rose cuttings.  ROSEGARD!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, Ambergris said:

Enough to show what I'm working toward.

I have no idea what your level of expertise and knowledge is when it comes to gardening, but this is pretty good YouTube channel for growing tips, etc (mostly organic). It couldn't hurt to check it out, right?  :thumbs: :pc_coffee: 

• Thanks 1

It's a big enough project without having to deal with the NO SHOW problem.  You sound like my brother who leads in very big restore and alter projects on buildings, homes, cathedrals ....  That and the materials not coming in are his biggest headaches.  Good luck!

MtRider  :lois:  ...course there are some that might be a wee bit envious of growing things instead of SNOW :frozen:  

• Like 2

Glad to hear you are making progress in spite of the no shows. That has happened to me to before too. Not nice. I'm always amazed at what all you can grow down south.

• Like 1

I love azaleas.  I really miss the garden I had when I was in Mississippi.  I haven't been able to get hardly anything to grow up here.  I had a large potted banana that I left with my mother because it is too cold here and it is still doing well.  Fresh bananas are always wonderful to have. 

• Like 1

The purple-pink Korean azaleas give me the creeps, have ever since I can remember (and I remember being terrified of them when my head barely brushed the bottom of my mother's skirt).

• Confused 1

Thank you! This one is new to me.  Have you watched any of David The Good's videos? 

• Like 1

DTG used to live a little south and east of me, so much of his information was either dead on or just a little too tropical for my climate.  He has moved to Central America someplace, but still has a lot of videos and articles I can learn from.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.