MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The More I Know People

Grrrrr. I'm so mad. My charge card was breached. The nerve.

This card NEVER leaves the house and I only use it online or on the phone. She pulled up my record and saw for herself that they were all internet purchases. 99% to Amazon. At least she did believe me.

Both charges were in Missouri. One  Mid-Sun Fine Arts for $90.00. The other was KSMO Treats for $180.00.

Sigh. Entitled people who think it's okay to steal. Why. Now I have to wait 5 days for a new card and I was just getting ready to order diapers for you-know-who. Guess baby had better hold tight behind a little longer. :lol:

• Sad 5

I've had to replace ours a few times.  We now check regularly for miscellaneous charges under a dollar.  If those clear, then the perp knows they have a valid card.  Wonder if it was Amazon?  I haven't heard if they got hacked.

Learned, never to use my card at any outside card machine, including ATMs, and do not give it to anyone over the phone.  Our bank told me they check their ATM, next to their front door, 3-4 times a day.  I still get anxious when I have to use it.

Sorry that happened to you, hopefully, it did not run into overdraft fees.  

MIL's did when she was hacked.  She went down to the bank with her statement in hand and told them, "I'm 87 years old, there is no way I am in Bermuda making charges on my card."  LOL  They all got a good laugh, removed the overdraft fees and returned her money.

• Like 2

It was on my charge card so there is no over draft fees. She said something about waving any fees that I might have because my balance was larger so if I pay the minimum payment, it might not be enough. Or something like that?  I pay it in full every month anyway so it won't matter. She said I could deduct the amounts or pay it all and they'd refund it.

It's odd that both amounts came out to an even number. Wonder if they bought something small and got cash back to make it an even number. Liars and thieves. I can't stand either one.

Also, both websites had the name American Express in them. I've never ever had an American Express card.

Last time it was hacked, it was to a "massage parlor".  :rolleyes:

I'm trying to keep my credit rating as good as I can for a new mortgage. Hope this won't effect it. Probably not but still...

I was getting ready to pay the bill (it's due) and I looked on line to see the balance owed and they have already taken those two charges off of my bill. wow. That has never happened before. At least not that fast. That made me feel good about my bank. I'll really miss them whenever I move.

7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I'm trying to keep my credit rating as good as I can for a new mortgage. Hope this won't effect it. Probably not but still.

One of our credit cards was gotten for a few thousand dollars at the same time as we were closing on our house.  Our credit rating never changed at all and never saw anything about it on our credit reports.

• Like 1
On 3/7/2018 at 4:06 PM, Jeepers said:

It was on my charge card so there is no over draft fees. She said something about waving any fees that I might have because my balance was larger so if I pay the minimum payment, it might not be enough. Or something like that?  I pay it in full every month anyway so it won't matter. She said I could deduct the amounts or pay it all and they'd refund it.

It's odd that both amounts came out to an even number. Wonder if they bought something small and got cash back to make it an even number. Liars and thieves. I can't stand either one.

Also, both websites had the name American Express in them. I've never ever had an American Express card.

Last time it was hacked, it was to a "massage parlor".  :rolleyes:

I'm trying to keep my credit rating as good as I can for a new mortgage. Hope this won't effect it. Probably not but still...

I had to write statements about my identity thefts, and the thief's New Jersey address that's still on two of my credit reports, to get my mortgage.

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, Ambergris said:

I had to write statements about my identity thefts, and the thief's New Jersey address that's still on two of my credit reports, to get my mortgage.

Wow, that’s horrible. 

13 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Wow, that’s horrible. 

The worst part was finding his address on two of the credit agency reports, after all that work to get it off.

• Sad 1

Some guy with a Spanish name was on DH's credit report a couple decades ago.  No....blonde DH would not use that for an alias.  :grinning-smiley-044:   I don't know how but he got him off. 

MtRider  .....all that is SO wrong!  Hmph!

• Like 1

I'm probably going to get a pre-qualified mortgage thingy in a couple of months (I hope) so I'll probably see what all has gone on with my credit report then. One thing, I have a Discover Card and they send your credit score (no details) and mine has always been in the mid to high 800's. I suppose that's good?    :shrug:

• Like 1