MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fire in my area

There is a fire that started a couple of days ago that is now over 44,000 acres. The first night we went west to an open area an you could see an orange light in the distance. Very eerie. I took a picture when I was driving down a county road...not a super good one...but I could see plumes of smoke and could actually see burned areas from a long way off. We get fires in that area all the time but this is the closest I’ve ever seen it. This morning unfortunately the wind changed and now the smoke is coming our way. We had ash on our cars. Keeping the windows closed and the air on. Air quality is bad.

303DF29C-540A-40E8-875D-E1B3230310B5.jpeg

• Sad 4

Oh my. Stay safe, Lady. 

We have several in AZ going. The air tankers fly overhead and you can see the smoke clouds around the horizon. 

We’re extremely dry this year, it doesn’t take much to get one going. 

• Like 1

CO is in EXTREME risk.  Very low moisture content....  :sigh:     Seems like they're popping up in so many counties.   We're still getting smoke blown in at least once a day....toward evening usually.  We have water-filtered evaporative cooler but the smoke is getting past that filter so we have to turn it off.  Yesterday it wouldn't turn back on.....it's ancient and well used.  I hope we don't have to replace it.  If we move [eventually] we won't move where a swamp cooler will work for cooling.  AFter all that screeching yesterday, it did start and settle.  Today it worked without protest.  :amen:    Kinda scared me with the heat up so high but I started getting all my Plan B's in place.  Then it started ....whew...

Keep an eye on that fire, Dogmom!  Figure out what is going [with you] if worst comes knocking....  I hate EVAC but sometimes there is no other sane choice.  Be Prepared.... :hug3:

MtRider  :knary: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
added for clarity
  • Like 2