MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Kids in our Neighborhood

The young boys, (4-7 yrs. old), have come up with a new noisy idea. They have put an empty water bottle on the back tire, wedging it between the tire and the frame, so when the ride their bikes, it makes a lot of noise. 

I remember my brothers clamping a playing card near the spokes to make noise. 

6 in the morning they start riding around the block....

At least it has quieted the little one who constantly rides around whaling like a police car siren... and he’s got that sound down almost perfect. 

:groooansmileyf:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Oh, I remember boys doing the playing card in bicycle spokes thing too, when we were kids. Kids (esp. boys) love noise. Wishing you quieter days in the future as the boys get bored with that noise. Otherwise, you may start feeling like this:

:sassing:

Lol, Cowgirl.  They are boys, and boys like noise. But.... it is the sound of the kids that livens the neighborhood. Too many years, our area was almost all retired, then, kids had kids that had kids. This is the 3rd generation we’ve watched grow up. 

I  was just amazed to see what they were using to make their bikes ‘roar’. At first, we thought it was something their parents bought for their bikes. 

I leave for TX tomorrow, again, and MIL’s neighborhood has no children on her street.  She’s mentioned how she would like to hear the sounds of kids. 

• Like 1

About this time every year I was counting down the days when school would start back up.  :grinning-smiley-044:

I never minded the noise of kids playing too much but we used to live around a lot of driveway basketball hoops. The ball bouncing for hours can get old real fast. Then my son got one. Now my grand son has one...albeit a little portable one, I'm sure a permanent one is in my driveways future. Little boys... gotta love em!  Big boys...meh.

Big news here. Speaking of little boys, mine asked to use the potty and did yesterday! AND only 7 more days until Social Security starts depositing that (big :sHa_sarcasticlol:) check every month. I've been waiting 4 years for that to start. Lord, please let me live another week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Kids...when the neighbors boys reached their teens...not so peaceful.  During the day they're in school but home evenings and weekends.  One ended up in some sort of "home" and has been gone almost a year now.  The one left is much easier on the neighborhood.  Probably took note of what happened to his younger brother.  The baby sister is a TOTAL SNOT!  She can out scream and out cuss her momma any day of the week...and she's not even started grade school yet!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
20 hours ago, The WE2's said:

The baby sister is a TOTAL SNOT!  She can out scream and out cuss her momma any day of the week...and she's not even started grade school yet!

And WHO wants to be the teacher for those type of kids.  Totally lacking in any sense of self-discipline or good/bad...right/wrong.....this works outside my crazy family/ this does NOT work outside my crazy family.  Some kids do learn 'school behavior'.  Pray she learns it, for her sake.

MtRider  :(