MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm so sorry I haven't been in here, but, so much has happened.

He had to have another 30 days of radiation treatments only this time on his right lung.      He also had  a cardiac taken off his left eye.   Our DD who has taking most of her vacation time to do all the running around for him.   Part of the time she would get up and work for 1 1/2 hours then work for 3 – 4 hours after 5:00 so she could get in her 8 hour day.

Gary has lost over 90 pounds now and is eating ok.    

We saw his Oncologist  yesterday and what we heard was not good news.      Since his cancer is small cell it spreads like wildfire.     He now has it in his liver, his bones, back, neck and he has not much time left here on earth.       When I had a chance to be with her, the oncologist, I asked for a timeline and she said “a month”.       

All three of our kids were with us and so I did tell them after we got home that he hasn’t much time.  

Our son rode his bike from Texas and had to leave this morning to go back.    Pray for his safety as well has his wife who will be leaving in a few day to head to PA.   

Please continue to pray for Gary that he might not have to suffer to much pain.    He is in pain and has pills he can take every 4 – 6 hours.   

Thank you all for all of your prayers.   

I'll be back when I am able.   

• Sad 4

So sorry to hear this, Snowmom.  It's been such a long struggle.  Praying God's comfort for you all. :(

MtRider :pray: 

Please take care of yourself too.  That is what he wants, I'm sure.  Blessings to you all.

• Like 1

I’m so sorry to hear this. Praying for your family. 😞

Thank you all for all of your prayers. 

Gary went to be with the Lord this morning around 2:00 A.M.        He had been in a LOT of pain the last few days so he has no more pain and in time I will join him.     We need to Rejoice in the Lord for he makes no mistakes.      This song has been going through my head for the past several days now.     

He was able to hold on until 3 grandsons came to see him.      I don't think he saw them but, he heard their voices.        He was unable to talk.   and he only opened his eyes a few times yesterday.        But, he knew the boys were here.    

Again thank you all for your prayers.        

We are all so very tired and we have the service coming on Saturday as our one son and his wife need to leave here on Monday or Tuesday.      We are in hopes that at least 2 of the three who came last night will be able to come on Saturday.     

Love you all.

Carol

(((Snowmom)))  I'm so sorry, Snowmom.  We certainly have reason for hope in Christ...hope of reunion and the glory of heaven.  Yet the sorrow is just as strong.  :(

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 1

(((((((Snowmom))))))))

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Praying God comforts you and yours. 

:sad-smiley-012:

(((Snowmom)))

Sorry I didn't see this until today.  I am so sad to hear this Snowmom.  We were all hoping he would recover.  I am so glad your family was able to be there.  Take care of yourself Snowy!

(((((((((((((((carol)))))))))))))))))) I will be praying that God's peace and strength will flow over you and your family.

Carol ( Snowmom ) I am so sorry I didn't see this earlier,  I am so sorry that you have lost Gary (Old Pine ) for a time  and that he was in so much pain at the end will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you start on the journey of widowhood and join a "club" that none of us want to join even though it is a part of life and graduating on to live with our Lord.  If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.   sending gentle hugs of comfort

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.