MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pepper jelly recipe

I used to be pretty good at searching the forum but I can’t seem to bring up a recipe for pepper jelly. Anyone care to post a favorite? I was gifted with peppers and tomatoes and I need to do something with them.

EDC58AB3-F0C3-4C4E-BDC1-752795A1E566.jpeg

Edited by dogmom4

Twilight, I am already doing salsa Fresca with the tomatoes and peppers from my own garden. I’ve been dehydrating and have put some in the freezer. This morning a friend offered me a watermelon from her garden so I’m passing on some tomatoes and peppers on to her. This is the season that everything ripens all at the same time (or so it seems). When I was younger I could keep up with it...now it’s harder.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

This is late and the peppers have either been eaten or rotted by now, but my favorite pepper relish recipe is the one inside the liquid Certo Pectin box.  :)  In fact, I need to make two batches for Christmas gifts.  Sigh . . .   it's that time already.

• Like 3

This is what I make a few times a year.  My recipes are in my crazy shorthand, so please forgive the sparse directions.

Pepper Jam

6c pepper puree

6c sugar

3/4 c vinegar

1/4c salt

Clean and remove stems and seeds from about 20 red (or green or whatever color) bell peppers.  Cook down to mush and run through a sieve to remove skins.  Combine all and  cook to jellying point.  Pour into hot jars with 1/4 in head space.  Process 1/2 pints for 10m in hot water bath.  Makes 8-9 half pints.  

*Sometimes I add a bit of tobacco sauce or toss in a hotter pepper for extra heat

• Like 2